• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements and News 2011 Edition

PaulLFC

Wrecked looks awesome. Hopefully we'll get some more info about the challenges soon though, 24 seems a little low - unless they're long challenges and/or high score competition based.

Kafel

Banned
boxartlg.jpg

How many hours can I count on with this, GAF ? I'll try the demo on Wednesday but 1200 points make me think twice about what will happen next.

OnPoint >> Your links never work for me.

OnPoint

Kafel said:
boxartlg.jpg

How many hours can I count on with this, GAF ? I'll try the demo on Wednesday but 1200 points make me think twice about what will happen next.

OnPoint >> Your links never work for me.
Really? I think my site has issues with some areas. What country are You in?

plc268

Kafel said:
http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a7e/1033/boxartlg.jpg[IMG]

OnPoint >> Your links never work for me.[/QUOTE]

I've got ~24 hours on the game according to steam. But that's with some mods installed (not that it would make a big difference).

The game itself is fairly short, but there's a nice neverending dungeon at the end.

I guess this would be the relevant thread to ask this question:

Any firm dates yet on Radiant Silvergun, Bangio, or Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike? Thanks;

Arpharmd B said:
I guess this would be the relevant thread to ask this question:

Any firm dates yet on Radiant Silvergun, Bangio, or Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike? Thanks;

I don't believe so.

Generally we don't find out about release dates for XBLA games till a week or two beforehand. Maybe a month or so if it's for a big promotion like House Party.

Diablohead said:
five 2d looking games, microsoft will throw in some 3d titles to cover all regions of good/bad taste for players :p

I do expect most of those 5 to be in it, but something 3D or sport themed will be in the mix for sure.

What makes you say that? They seem to go with things they think will generate interest more than anything. I don't see any pattern to suggest they put certain things in there just to appeal to the masses.

OnPoint

Kafel said:
Thx.

OnPoint >> France. So can someone tell me what these 5 titles are ?
I'll try to look into why that is

The games are Dust an Elysian tail, fez, insanely twisted shadow planet, retro city rampage and spelunky

V_Ben

Banned
Diablohead said:
five 2d looking games, microsoft will throw in some 3d titles to cover all regions of good/bad taste for players :p

I do expect most of those 5 to be in it, but something 3D or sport themed will be in the mix for sure.

Replace Spelunky with Trenched, and shuffle them so that Trenched has the MNC spot from last year, and there you go.

Kafel

Banned
Thank you.

So yeah, not going to happen. We like 2D titles but it's not the same for the world out there. Two of them at most, and probably only one with the other being a sure 2D big seller : Vampire Smile.

OnPoint

Yeah, Vampire Smile might get on there, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I think it's a strong enough property to sell on its own.

I wish you could have read the article, though. I didn't mean to predict these five titles were coming out for sure, I was just listing the five I most want to see on the promotion this year with a slight probability scale as to whether they will or not. I have a really good feeling about two of them specifically.

Honestly, I expect a game to be revealed this week at PAX East that will end up on the promotion, much like Hydro Thunder Hurricane was revealed at PAX East last year and ended up coming out in the summer.

If Insanely Twsited Shadow Planet ends up at PAX East as a demo like I think it will, I don't count that as the new reveal, as we've known about it for quite some time.

Kafel

Banned
We know more will be revealed about ITSP on Friday so yeah, we can bet on the game being at PAX.

There are so many games that can legitimately get a spot for the Summer of Arcade ... I've just read that Bastion is almost finished for example. The XBLA is going to have another great year and there will have other opportunities for the ones that can't get in.

Kafel

Banned
Islands of Wakfu gameplay videos :

http://xboxygen.com/Medias/Videos-Xbox-360/Islands-of-Wakfu-videos-maison-7907

The game was supposed to be released in 2009 and have twice more levels but dev issues happened and then we'll only get it in 3 weeks (for 1200 points). 7 hours of gameplay. While the graphics can be seen as kiddy the real targets are core gamers so the game is difficult enough. The dev wants to sell 300 000 copies and a second game might appear if that wish comes true.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Kafel said:
Islands of Wakfu gameplay videos :

http://xboxygen.com/Medias/Videos-Xbox-360/Islands-of-Wakfu-videos-maison-7907

The game was supposed to be released in 2009 and have twice more levels but dev issues happened and then we'll only get it in 3 weeks (for 1200 points). 7 hours of gameplay. While the graphics can be seen as kiddy the real targets are core gamers so the game is difficult enough. The dev wants to sell 300 000 copies and a second game might appear if that wish comes true.

Coming out soon after Torchlight, I find myself slighty more curious about Wakfu, since it offers Co-Op play. It's graphic style looks rather similar to Bastion, and they both remind me of the old PS1 Romancing Saga / Legend of Mana stuff, which is great company to keep.

Unless it's controlls feel absolutely horrible, I can guarentee them at least 1 purchase ^_^

xbhaskarx

V_Ben said:
Replace Spelunky with Trenched, and shuffle them so that Trenched has the MNC spot from last year, and there you go.

Yeah, I could see Trenched being a part of it. There definitely won't be five 2D games.

What about a sequel to Shadow Complex, could that be coming out sometime this year? Or what about the new Behemoth game?

xbhaskarx said:
Yeah, I could see Trenched being a part of it. There definitely won't be five 2D games.

What about a sequel to Shadow Complex, could that be coming out sometime this year?

That would be Awesome!

Brakara

xbhaskarx said:

Hybrid would be my guess (if they can get it ready): innovative third person shooter that is a timed exclusive by a studio with a great track record.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Star Trek DAC was marked down on the Xbox website when I looked, I think the other secret sales may be on there, too.

Downloaded Guardian of Light and all of the add-ons now that it's on sale. Well, I already had the first expansion downloaded, so I probably paid the full $5 for that one.

Brakara said:
Hybrid would be my guess (if they can get it ready): innovative third person shooter that is a timed exclusive by a studio with a great track record.

I could have sworn Hybrid was an all out Live Arcade exclusive. Have they since announced it's coming to other platforms?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.ska-studios.com/2011/03/08/vengeance-begins-april-6th/
Violent Vengeance Begins April 6th in Vampire Smile

Violent Vengeance Begins April 6th in “The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile”
Ska Studios’ “The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile” slashes its way onto Xbox LIVE® Arcade April 6th and will be fully playable March 11-13th during PAX East in Boston.

Schenectady, NY – March 8, 2011 – Today, indie developer Ska Studios announced that its highly anticipated sequel to “Dead Samurai”, “The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile” will be releasing April 6th exclusively on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for 800 Microsoft points. Fans of the series that can’t wait until April can play the completed version of “Vampire Smile” at Ska Studios’ PAX East booth later this week.

“The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile” is set to take the series’ stylistic action, deep game play and unique visual style and kicks it up a few blood soaked notches. Play as The Dishwasher or his sister Yuki, go solo or connect with a friend over Xbox LIVE® and slice your way through 13 campaign levels or climb the leaderboards in 50 arcade challenges. With nearly a dozen insane weapons including the giant Painkiller syringe, an all-new gruesome game engine and full stereoscopic 3D support, this is the Dishwasher sequel fans been yearning for.

For the first time ever, PAX East attendees will be able to play the completed version of “The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile”, including all campaign, arcade and co-op modes. In addition to “Vampire Smile” being fully playable, Ska Studios will be handing out free swag and holding an hourly raffle where attendees can win a pre-release code to download the game prior to its Xbox LIVE® Arcade debut.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, it is not often I have an inquiry of my own to ask about the status of a game, but conventional research methods have yielded nothing thus far. I am wondering about the fate of Bonk: Brink of Extinction, given everything that has happened to Hudson, I do not know if this game has been cancelled or not.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
On the other hand, I get this news from the Bonk Facebook Page: (which seems to have vanished)

Bonk
Hello, Hudson Facebook Fans! We appreciate your loyalty and your love of Hudson titles. And we want you to know that you’re not forgotten. So please join us on the Konami Facebook page [goo.gl/QNxDk] for future news on all your favorite titles. Welcome to the family! www.facebook.com/konami
Konami

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150199771264418
Lode Runner is delighted to be in the opening act of XBLA’s new ‘Sales & Specials’ promotion. Today, the price of our highly acclaimed action platformer has been permanently reduced from 1200 Microsoft points to 800 Microsoft points - only 133 points per game mode! That’s right, you’ll get it all; the massive single player Journey and the hilarious coop Journey as well as both Puzzle modes, endless Hang On and four player Last Man. The expansive Level Editor and LR Community level-sharing hub is just the cherry plopped on top.

But wait – adding to the hysteria; our first level expansion, the Skill Pack, is available today as well. It contains fifty new puzzles (35 1P & 15 Coop) and eight crazed Hang On levels, and at the cost of 160 MS points (about the price of a hardboiled egg at your local diner) is a no-brainer for any Runner who is addicted to solving puzzles or has mastered the art of eluding mad monks and frothing yetis. Solve just a handful of the twisted puzzles to attain the ‘Gold Luck’ achievement and pad your Gamerscore.

Oh yeah – there’s more; our Journey Pack will be released on April 13th for 240 MS points. It will contain eight new stages of both 1P Journey and Coop Journey and an achievement for the completion of each. Both start out reasonably enough, but get quite frenzied as you progress deeper… consider yourself warned.

We at Tozai Games are extremely grateful to all of the LR fans who have sent notes of praise and thanks - blast on!

The section on the dashboard also lists other recent-ish price drops like Hydrophobia, Penny Arcade Ep1, Ep2, The Lost And the Dammed all down to 800msp along with some other price cuts on game DLC and Games on Demand.

jgkspsx

So, given that I haven't gotten around to seriously playing GoL yet, is it safe to skip the discount level packs? Or are they essential somehow?

I'm kinda tempted on Kain and Raziel. Ah, back when I really liked Silicon Knights...

Kafel said:
Does this video work for you ? I get a Red River trailer.

Wow, yeah. Ghostbusters: SoS multiplayer looks just like a war shooter! How interesting, I wonder how they'll tie that in with the story

Top Bottom