• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade - Announcements and News 2011 Edition

Kafel

Banned
5517111971_646ab92f89.jpg

5517702262_1b75d32c31.jpg

5517702220_c79eb0285c.jpg

5517112021_5713b02b86.jpg

GunStringer

5516963047_41292e150f.jpg

5517552808_43e95dfa68.jpg

5516963119_2e707a2eab.jpg

5516963079_45f7bef8e2.jpg

SapientWolf said:
I don't know how they keep the framerate that high with all that carnage and particle effects.
Looks pretty sweet. This seems to be part of a smaller retro wave of console DD games with Microbot being another older-feeling scroll and shoot game helped onto Arcade by EA along Zeit² with Ubisoft from a month or so ago. I welcome this trend of solid smaller games.

HadesGigas said:
It's also about an hour and fifteen minutes long with three difficulty settings and a few unlockables. Very barebones movie-tie-in game, but it is a pretty nice-looking gallery shooter that barely requires that you move to one or two cover 'n shoot spots before clearing every one of the encounters. Even at $10, it feels a bit overpriced for the value, IMO.

mollipen

xbhaskarx said:
That... just doesn't look very good or very interesting.

Considering there are fifty avatar Indie Games and the free Doritos XBLA game and Keflings, the novelty of avatars has really worn off.

It's FirePro, a line of what is arguably the best-playing wrestling titles in existence. Unless they screw that factor up, that's the reason people will be playing it and why it doesn't even deserve to be tossed into the same category as stuff like that Doritos game or Keflings.

besiktas1

shidoshi said:
It's FirePro, a line of what is arguably the best-playing wrestling titles in existence. Unless they screw that factor up, that's the reason people will be playing it and why it doesn't even deserve to be tossed into the same category as stuff like that Doritos game or Keflings.

My only fear is that they'll water it down. I hope they add to the series, not take stuff away in the name of making it more "accesible".

Battle LA? I never heard of it... i don't think. Looks like a team shooter? 800 points is a nice low price if the game is fun.

Feedback yet?

MightyHedgehog said:
It's also about an hour and fifteen minutes long with three difficulty settings and a few unlockables. Very barebones movie-tie-in game, but it is a pretty nice-looking gallery shooter that barely requires that you move to one or two cover 'n shoot spots before clearing every one of the encounters. Even at $10, it feels a bit overpriced for the value, IMO.
hm so it's a single player only affair tied to a movie? i'll give the demo a shot.

TxdoHawk

besiktas1 said:
My only fear is that they'll water it down. I hope they add to the series, not take stuff away in the name of making it more "accesible".

This. Seeing that "mash B" prompt in the screenshots doesn't comfort me, but on the other hand three separate meters does.

Wonder if that yellow meter in the middle with the flame means they're finally going to make you fill a bar for a finishing move...while I understand finishers aren't exactly trumpeted in the East the way they are in American wrestling, in a raw gameplay sense it makes more sense to give them a little more weight.

TheOddOne

So I won a Ilomilo code, but I though it was the code for the DLC. Already have the game, but if anybody wants it PM me (first come first serve ofcource).

xbhaskarx

shidoshi said:

Okay, I know nothing about wrestling games. I guess I'll at least give it a try...

Raide

Rad- said:
That looks pretty darn fun actually.

Looks great. Kinda reminds me of playing Monday Night Combat when you play Engineer. Running around, fixing up turrets and defending the base.

I love the mix of customisable mechs and tower defence. Cannot wait to co-op!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So far:
Swarm- March 22nd
Moon Diver- March 29th*
Red Faction: Battlegrounds April 6th*
Dishwasher: Vampire Smiles April 6th
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes- Mid April

*Assuming that they release the same time as PSN.

Rock of Ages, Bangai-O, Dungeon Defenders, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War are also pegged for the late Spring / early Summer timeframe. Bangai-O has cheves so it should be in the queue already.

ShapeGSX

I played Trenched yesterday at PAX East for an extended period in 3 player co-op with the art director standing next to me and Tim Schafer hanging out behind us. I got some details, too. It is 4 player online co-op. It uses the Brutal engine (from Brutal Legend). Whereas Toy Soldiers is a tower defense game where you control a cursor and lay defenses that in specific places, in Trenched, you can place defenses anywhere, and you are always in your "Trench".

The "tubes" or TVs that are in the monsters' mouths are the resources that you use to build new defenses. When you kill a monster, they come falling out. They are pooled between everyone. You have a magnet on your trench to draw the tubes in to your Trench from afar, and you can upgrade it to pull them in from farther away. All of the defenses can be upgraded, and he said it is slightly more beneficial to upgrade than to make a new one.

They didn't have a release date to announce, but when I asked him if they got anything from watching people play the games at these shows, he said that while they did, it was really too late to change anything. So it sounds as if it is just about done.

It played really well.

MS seems to be knocking it out of the park with XBLA this year.

mikespit1200 said:
Did anyone see the Sonic Adventure deal earlier? I caught it this morning but now it's gone.
no idea, I know that tomb raider should have been finished already but the deal on that was still going this afternoon, and now I think.

Shig said:
Pretty much confirms this'll be the Summer of Arcade lineup, imo. I can't imagine they'd promote a bunch of randomly-launching XBLA games under one coordinated campaign like this.
If so i'm only really fully interested in Section 8 and Shadow Planet this year.

mujun

Shig said:
Pretty much confirms this'll be the Summer of Arcade lineup, imo. I can't imagine they'd promote a bunch of randomly-launching XBLA games under one coordinated campaign like this.

That would be a pretty awesome lineup.

I'd probably grab 5 of those.

surly

Banned
Diablohead said:
there is an indie game in the DotW? first time?
Yeah, it's the first time I've seen one. I think they were just looking for anything remotely linked to Ireland, lol.

Diablohead said:
there is an indie game in the DotW? first time?
No, it's happened before. I couldn't remember specifics but I checked a site that has a history of Deals of the Week and found the following:

May 24, 2010 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight
September 13, 2010 - Globe Clicker (this is when I bought it), Arkedo Series - 02 Swap

And I thought it's happened once more since then but I could be wrong. Globe Clicker was the one that made me remember since I got it for $1 or something like that during that time. I think around Christmas time there was another or some other holiday themed promotion.

Edit: And this is the first time I can edit and say I was beaten. Or at least partially so.

Top Bottom