• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspode_T

Maybe we will finally we Firepro Wrestling released this year too! (...and Retro City Rampage)

Looking forward to playing Skullgirls too.

I keep bugging random Telltale employees to release their adventure games on XBLA. They literally ignore me and don't return my e-mails LOL. I was so tempted to pick up Tales of Monkey Island collection on PSN for $5, but since I went out of my way to 200/200 almost all the Telltale games that have been released on XBLA I figure I will stay strong a little longer and hope they mend relationship in 2012. I don't think their games have sold very well so they must not see much opportunity for return on probably big investment of porting them. Maybe if they added Kinect gesture support or something people would buy them...

To give you an idea how much I like Monkey Island I have the old PC boxes on my desk at work. I have also written gushing fan letters to Ron Gilbert and Tim Schaefer long ago.

I could break down and play them on PC or iPad too, just want to play on 360 if I can...

Gaspode_T

Telltale Pass that is 2400 points for all the Monkey Island, Back to the Future and Jurassic Park games would probably sell like crazy...they would never make it that low though.

They have it set up like $20 each on PSN anyway right (Tales of Monkey Island collection is normally $20?) I agree that the games were painfully expensive for me to buy, I could have sworn some of them were 1200

TxdoHawk

Fire Pro Wrestling, unless they've quietly canned it. Wouldn't be surprised if they had, wasn't looking too hot the last time they showed it off.

Feels bad man. :( I hope this isn't true. While it was left to die by the hardcore fanbase, it looked like the gameplay itself was shaping up to be good.

MCD

What happens to Dust and the rest of that old DREAM BUILD (I think that was the name) winners?

TheOddOne

Might as well post these here:

0VOa2.png

ttK2x.png

XrOnG.png

uOq5p.png

BzsHS.png

Looking forward to playing Skullgirls too.
I forgot all about Skullgirls too. That should be this month or the next. Remember it was supposed to be Q4?
FirePro looks fun, but I don't consider it to be a fighting game. Only wrestling game I would say is fighting is DJFFNY

TxdoHawk

Those dates are all 2011.....
Yeah, they all look placeholder (like the 12-30 dates) or estimates that never panned out for whatever reason (Fire Pro was supposed to come out last summer, so a fall release would've made sense if say, it was delayed due to certs and/or SoA.) I'm just happy there's now more evidence FPW wasn't canned, it literally dropped off the face of the Earth after it was demoed at PAX.

Heh, a little surprised to see that FPW is still coming. Hopefully they've reworked the hell out of it as it looked godawful the last time they showed it off.

On a slightly different note, I have to say I'm more than a little surprised that there aren't any games based around horde mode coming out. Seems the perfect template to rip for a XBLA release. Leaderboards, etc.

moonbeam

Has Blow confirmed the platforms for The Witness? I'm guessing that's a lock for XBLA GotY assuming it's coming to XBLA.

As of Dec 2011, it should be coming out on XBLA at some stage:

... Blow said he was now targeting a true multiplatform release.

"My current idea is to launch on PC and iOS, and then maybe one of the consoles which has not been decided, and later to bring the game to all other platforms," he said. "We can only do a certain number of platforms at launch, because we're small."

Source:

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/jonathan-blows-witness-could-reach-consoles

Atomski

Any word on Trials Evolution? I thought it was going to be a 2011 release. I have a point card just waiting for it...

Decado

We'll see how it shapes up. I doubt it will live up to 2011, for me, anyway.

Mostly looking forward to Charlie's Murder, Bloodforge and Spelunky.

Little heads up, we are currently working on an extensive list of expected 2012 releases over at XBLAFans. Should be up within the next week or so.

I thought Dennis said it's not a matter of if we get it, but when we get it.

Chair literally started working on it and then threw it away halfway done to work on infinite iOS games instead.

Braid sold the best on 360, I doubt he's going to throw away that audience.

I'm not even sure that's still true anymore, and regardless, Blow had very negative things to say about working with Microsoft on Braid that suggested he might not be willing to deal with them again.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm not even sure that's still true anymore, and regardless, Blow had very negative things to say about working with Microsoft on Braid that suggested he might not be willing to deal with them again.

That's what I remember reading too. I'm sure some devs have negative experiences with all console manufacturers and their hoops.

TheOddOne

I still find it funny, after all that he proposed a Kinect game to Microsoft. He backed out of it though, still I find it all...amusing.

The Witness has always looked like an ideal fit for a kinect title, then one day Blow says it was PC/iOS only.
Will still buy it on pc if its not xbla bound.

Has Blow confirmed the platforms for The Witness? I'm guessing that's a lock for XBLA GotY assuming it's coming to XBLA.

He said iPad and PC in the november issue of Edge I think it was. He's very much against putting it on the 360, since he has started to hate how MS does their stuff. Oddly enough, I could see him go PSN only on it for consoles, since Sony doesn't have the same restriction in their structure.

But then again, Blow has also said, that he doubts it will come to any of the current consoles, since he believes they simple won't be able to handle The Witness.

StuBurns

Banned
He said iPad and PC in the november issue of Edge I think it was. He's very much against putting it on the 360, since he has started to hate how MS does their stuff. Oddly enough, I could see him go PSN only on it for consoles, since Sony doesn't have the same restriction in their structure.

But then again, Blow has also said, that he doubts it will come to any of the current consoles, since he believes they simple won't be able to handle The Witness.

I know he has some philosophical differences with how the XBLA people run things, but I didn't think it'd really stop him putting games on there, I still don't think it will either.

I think Braid is still XBLA's finest hour, it'd be a shame not to see his next game go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom