• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigoro

cant wait for Spelunky and TRIALS. i hope Trials 2 lives up to the divine first game.

hope those 2 zombie games come out well too. the concept for them sounds great. there are supposed to be 2 of them right? one MMO and, something else...?

Any word on Trials Evolution? I thought it was going to be a 2011 release. I have a point card just waiting for it...

it was never coming out in 2011. id guess spring, probably summer at the earliest.

We've seen OutRun and AfterBurner; is 2012 the year we finally get a port Planet Harriers?

that would be awesome! i never did get to play that game.

Gaspode_T

Burnout Crash is fun, I heard it was simple but I was surprised it's as simple as it is..there must be some depth because my scores suck compared to friends' scores.

You literally just drive car for 5 secs, hit one other car in intersection, then press "splode!!!" sort of button every 5 or 6 seconds to push any additional cars off at angles and causer further accidents or mayhem.

I actually intend to play through Dragon Age II so I wonder if Legacy is worth getting (might as well improve the game if I'm going to suffer through it?) I'm a BioWare fanboy masochistic enough to take the worst they can throw at me.

The_Monk

I wonder if Mass Effect 2 will be one Games on Demand one day... I wanted to replay it but this time with more time. I can download the PS3 version with all the DLC the only reason I haven't yet is because I want to start with my ME1 save (oh, the price)

I always thought it was because it was 2 discs but now with LA Noire in GoD I don't see any reason why not to.

Gaspode_T

What game? NFL Blitz?

Pretty sure multi disc Games on Demand must be some sort of technical challenge otherwise they would have already released tons of games (I can't wait for Lost Odyssey to be released there...it's a shame more gamers don't play it)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I think Atari's new Warlords remake is coming on the 18th. It's surprisingly good but there is next to no coverage on it. Can anyone confirm that date?

hitoshi

Well, this next weeks looks awesome: AMY is coming!

A RELEASE DATE AND PRICE: COURTESY OF AMY'S ENEMIES
It's time to make an appointment with your prosecutors ...

Champs-sur-Marne, France - Lexis Numérique announces AMY's release on PlayStation®Network and Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA in partnership with NAMCO BANDAI Partners).

Lexis Numérique, one of Europe's biggest independent videogame studios, have also released images of some of the horrors that confront Lana and Amy during their journey.

The story takes place in December 2034. Global warming has taken effect, causing widespread disease and an upsurge in natural disasters around the globe. The small town of Silver City (Midwest, USA) is directly affected - mostly by a comet that has crashed into town. As Lana, one of Silver's stricken citizens, regains consciousness - she witnesses the onset of a new kind of mayhem. Violent outbursts, fury, rage, wreckage and death: the world she knew seems to have gone to hell.

Apparently consumed by a mysterious illness, people she once knew are now part of a wild, ravenous horde. In spite of her wounds, she runs - she must escape this nightmare. Lana can tell that, deep within her, the viral process has begun but refuses to become one of them. Later, an autistic eight-year-old girl with strange powers will force her to make choices that change both their lives. Her name is Amy.

Infected humans, grisly creatures, special forces and even other survivors: they will have to trust and help each other to escape their pursuers in a desperate attempt to survive.

Amy, Paul Cuisset's new videogame, is a survival-horror based on a rich, fascinating and disturbing story. It's available on January 11th, 2012 on PlayStation®Network for 9.99€ / £7.99 and on Xbox LIVE for 800 MS points.

Developed by VectorCell Studios, supervised by Paul Cuisset, the French creator of legendary games such as Flashback and the Moto Racer series.
To obtain all the last news directly from the studio, visit the official Facebook page.

acm2000

well every video ive seen of AMY so far looks god awful, piss poor framerate, janky controls etc, so 800pts might be overpriced, will try the demo and see for myself

Falt

http://www.xblafans.com/more-xbla-sales-you-might-not-know-about-35096.html

Unannounced sale is live!

Aces of the Galaxy – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Commanders: Attack of the Genos – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Switchball – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Uno – Was 400MSP – Is now 200MSP (Deal of the Week)
Vigilante 8: Arcade – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Vigilante 8: Arcade “High Octane Pack” – Was 320MSP – Is now 160MSP
Golf: Tee It Up! – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Golf: Tee It Up! “Desert Course” – Was 320MSP – Is now 160MSP
Sealife Safari – Was 800MSp – Is now 400MSP
Shrek-n-Roll – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP

Hello, Switchball...

No current info on whether these are permanent or temporary prices.

Rlan

So a Sierra sale, eh?

Definitely recommend Switchball, one of my favourite early XBLA games, an one of the few ball rolling games left on the platform. A shame that Developer Atomic Elbow doesn't seem to exist anymore.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://www.xblafans.com/more-xbla-sales-you-might-not-know-about-35096.html

Unannounced sale is live!

Aces of the Galaxy – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Commanders: Attack of the Genos – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Switchball – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Uno – Was 400MSP – Is now 200MSP (Deal of the Week)
Vigilante 8: Arcade – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Vigilante 8: Arcade “High Octane Pack” – Was 320MSP – Is now 160MSP
Golf: Tee It Up! – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP
Golf: Tee It Up! “Desert Course” – Was 320MSP – Is now 160MSP
Sealife Safari – Was 800MSp – Is now 400MSP
Shrek-n-Roll – Was 800MSP – Is now 400MSP

Hello, Switchball...

No current info on whether these are permanent or temporary prices.

I would guess these are permanent price drops. They used to list them on the dash.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Completing Switchball XBL co-op levels with a randomer where neither of us had a mic is still one of my most memorable online gaming moments.

I dunno how we did it.

TheOddOne

Scarygirl Coming To XBLA, PSN This Month
Square Enix is bringing the world of Scarygirl to XBLA and the PSN this month, giving the Hot Topic set a chance to save the world one tentacle attack at a time.

The game, based on Nathan Jurevicius' graphic novel, is coming to Xbox Live Arcade on January 18, the PlayStation Network a week later on the 24th, and on PC sometime in early 2012. Take a look at the trailer below to see Scarygirl in action, as she hops on platforms and dispenses justice with her slightly odd arsenal.
Trailer @ link!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

TheOddOne

76b2ae62d32f720d37384bba2bbfc34ccdc12e2d.png

Quasi-self promotion as I write for XBLAFans, but we put together a list of games that we anticipate will hit XBLA in 2012. Several different writers worked on it. There are games on there that probably won't make it out but we'll see. Looks like there's a lot ahead for XBLA this year.

http://www.xblafans.com/xblafans-anticipated-2012-game-release-master-list-35185.html
Great list!

Quasi-self promotion as I write for XBLAFans, but we put together a list of games that we anticipate will hit XBLA in 2012. Several different writers worked on it. There are games on there that probably won't make it out but we'll see. Looks like there's a lot ahead for XBLA this year.

http://www.xblafans.com/xblafans-anticipated-2012-game-release-master-list-35185.html
Blade Kitten Episode 2, really?

By the way, if you're listing Monster World IV you could probably add Wonder Boy in Monster Land (plus Revenge of Shinobi, Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Wonder Boy in Monster World) as they are part of Sega Vintage Collection 3.

Blade Kitten Episode 2, really?

By the way, if you're listing Monster World IV you could probably add Wonder Boy in Monster Land (plus Revenge of Shinobi, Alex Kidd in Miracle World and Wonder Boy in Monster World) as they are part of Sega Vintage Collection 3.

When is this due? Holy shit!

Tomasooie

When is this due? Holy shit!

These haven't been confirmed for 360 yet though. They were supposed to start coming out late 2011, but I guess plans have changed.

There were also more titles: Super Hang-On and "the heritage of titles produced by legendary designer Yu Suzuki".

http://blogs.sega.com/2011/05/12/vintage-collection-3-announced/

I really hope this pans out for 360.

These haven't been confirmed for 360 yet though. They were supposed to start coming out late 2011, but I guess plans have changed.

There were also more titles: Super Hang-On and "the heritage of titles produced by legendary designer Yu Suzuki".

http://blogs.sega.com/2011/05/12/vintage-collection-3-announced/

I really hope this pans out for 360.

I wonder if these games are going to use the Retro Engine instead? This would be wonderful and explain the delay.

Adam J.

What happened to Aero Cross? I thought that game was ready for release like 6 months ago. To my knowledge Namco hasn't said a word about it in a really long time--hope it's not canceled.

hitoshi

If anyone interested, here is a brand new Anomaly Warzone Earth interview.

http://bit.ly/xXR8Ve

An interesting bit:

Can we expect an expanded experience from the XBLA version? Maybe a new campaign, a new game mode, something like that?

Yes, the game will have brand new mode called Tactical Trials. It’s a set of 6 new missions exclusive to Xbox360. Those are tactical challenges where player is tasked with funny puzzle-like goals. Each mission has unique twist on Anomaly formula and player needs to find out unique solution to complete the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom