• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspode_T

Sounds to me more like "We want to give a bunch of dashboard promotion to Alan Wake, let's make up a promotion and add some other games at random" ... but I Am Alive and Warp do have chance to sell well, the only one in there I am scratching my head at is Nexiuz and in general the spread of games is kind of strange, I would think they usually throw some lighter games in for casual crowd...these are all hardcore

Deal of the Week Jan 1oth:

South Park Tower Defense - 400 MS points (50% off);
Orcs Must Die - 600 MS points (50% off);
Dungeon Defenders - 800 MS points (33% off);
DefenseGrid - 400 MS points (50% off)

Is Orcs Must Die fun to play?

legbone

i have only played the demo mind you but it was great fun in my opinion. that is a hell of a deal on it also. i am really tempted to grab it at this price. bear in mind i am a newbie when it comes to tower defense so it may be the worst tower defense game in the world for all i know. all i know is i had a lot of fun with the demo just didn't have the cash to pick it up at time of launch. think i may grab it now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Deal of the Week Jan 1oth:

South Park Tower Defense - 400 MS points (50% off);
Orcs Must Die - 600 MS points (50% off);
Dungeon Defenders - 800 MS points (33% off);
DefenseGrid - 400 MS points (50% off)

Orcs and Dungeon Defenders are both extremly fun games. Orcs might be one of my favorite score-rush games in recent memory, it's got great personality, all of it's traps are engaging and fun to use, and the map designs are beautiful and varied. The game expanded to being SO MUCH BIGGER after the demo was over, that I was plesantly suprised.

I play DD with my brother, and we keep a focused team, and haven't over-grinded or sat back and let people semi-leech us exp or anything like that. Making something of a Co-Op action rpg / tower defense, I've enjoyed it a-lot.

They're both great games, definitely worth trying out the demos for each, and pretty solid deals at these sales prices, also.

Gowans

Finally! A Sale on Orcs must Die, not as good as the two or three they have already had on steam but I've been holding out for xbox.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I was hoping for a sale on Orcs Must Die during the holiday, but two weeks later is fine too!

Dungeon Defenders looks like it isn't getting updated anywhere near as much as the PC version, which goes on sale for 4$ pretty often.

xbhaskarx

I don't know anything about Haunt aside from those pics, but they couldn't get that out in time for Halloween, like they did with Costume Quest the previous year?

Rlan

screenlg6.jpg

Wait, What?

Choplifter HD - 1200MSP - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Choplifter-HD/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411232

AMY - 800MSP - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/AMY/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411220

Ronian

Neo Member
How many levels are in Orcs must die? The demon was okay, but too easy. Is the game on the standard difficulty getting harder? I enjoyed the Defense Grid demo more, but yeah, I dont know which one to pick :p

Gaspode_T

How many levels are in Orcs must die? The demon was okay, but too easy. Is the game on the standard difficulty getting harder? I enjoyed the Defense Grid demo more, but yeah, I dont know which one to pick :p

Orcs Must Die gets wayyyy harder than that, it started to get tricky for me when the levels start throwing flying things at you (yes...flying things)

Some people seem to have easier time with it, but I've lost quite a few rounds so far.

Diff topic: Out of the games in "Recently Reduced" section, does anyone have recommendations? I didn't know the golf game was made by Housemarque, I certainly enjoy their games so I nearly made impulse buy of it. I have vague memory of playing Vigilante 8 on PSX, but I don't really have people to play multiplayer with. Switchball I already downloaded trial, Sealife Safari seems like it might be fun for relaxing..how about Shrek and Roll?

PopfulMail

Diff topic: Out of the games in "Recently Reduced" section, does anyone have recommendations? I didn't know the golf game was made by Housemarque, I certainly enjoy their games so I nearly made impulse buy of it. I have vague memory of playing Vigilante 8 on PSX, but I don't really have people to play multiplayer with. Switchball I already downloaded trial, Sealife Safari seems like it might be fun for relaxing..how about Shrek and Roll?

I had a blast with Golf: Tee it Up when it came out. It's the closest thing you'll get to hot shots on the 360.. and if you enjoy a round of golf.. for the price it's well worth it. Switchball was also a great game. I snagged Vigilante 8 when it first came out but I never spent much time with it as I probably got sidetracked with something else. I never bothered with Sealife or Shrek.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Noogy

I had a blast with Golf: Tee it Up when it came out. It's the closest thing you'll get to hot shots on the 360.. and if you enjoy a round of golf.. for the price it's well worth it. Switchball was also a great game. I snagged Vigilante 8 when it first came out but I never spent much time with it as I probably got sidetracked with something else. I never bothered with Sealife or Shrek.

I second Golf: Tee it Up. I think it's one of the best modern gen '3-click' golf games. It's very relaxing and looks nice.

Sealife Safari is fun with my children. I'm not sure how much I could recommend it to an older gamer, but there's a certain thrill finding every hidden object.

Gaspode_T

Yeah i actually am playing minna no golf 6 on Vita and it is great but waaaaaay too hard, the other golf game I tried on xbla didn't impress me. I have never been into sports games but these golf games seem more like Peggle in disguise or something, not really going for realism

Gaspode_T

Can anyone read French? http://xbox-mag.net/le-kung-fu-n-a-pas-fini-de-briser-des-machoires-sur-le-xbla__24447.html

There is some sort of voting on playxbla.com as to which theme will be done for the next Keflings DLC:

http://playxbla.com/pirates-for-keflings/
http://playxbla.com/candy-for-keflings/
http://playxbla.com/a-graveyard-for-keflings/

I want all three...but probably Pirates is clear winner based upon that art.

While it’s no secret that the announcement is about a new Keflings DLC, there’s been quite the confusion as to what it is… That’s where we tricked ya! The awesome team at Ninjabee had THREE great ideas for the next Keflings Add-on, but they can’t decide which one to do!

That’s where you awesome PlayXBLA kids come in, because you’ll get the chance to decide! The three different themes will be unveiled next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then the following week, starting Monday the 16th – Friday 20th, we will open up the voting on PlayXBLA.com . Only one vote per person per day so make you sure come back each day that week to get in as many votes possible for your preferred theme!

Gaspode_T

Kung Fu beat em up is alright with me if it has the fluidity of kung fu going on

Oh I just looked at the video in your link, the style looks way more over the top than I expected LOL, could be a fun sleeper hit if the gameplay balance doesn't suck like certain other themed beat em ups

The font style is straight out of Street Fighter 4...

Quarrel has been dated for January 25th priced at a nice 400msp, know what I will be buying next week.
That means Puddle and Simpsons can't be far off either.

Quarrel has been dated for January 25th priced at a nice 400msp, know what I will be buying next week.
That means Puddle and Simpsons can't be far off either.

Actually, no, it doesn't mean that. Haunt was posted on Xbox360Achievements.org in September of last year, and we are just now getting it this week.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I thought you were French for some reason.

Oh well, I'm bilingual. My translation:
Amateur martial artists are always saying, Kung Fu is making a comeback in 2012. After Kung Fu Pant 2 and Kung Fu High Impact, Siliconera tells us about a new title releasing this year on XBLA.

Based on our sources, the title is in development at Chinese studio Qooc Soft, and will be published by 7Sixty. Titled Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Tale, it will put you in the shoes of a master martial artist who [breaks opponents mouths? This is some sort of idiom or something that I'm not understanding]. An improbable mix of Ken the Survivor and Bruce Lee, our heroes will take part in many beat em up levels, interspersed with 2D fighting segments.

Cherry on the cake: We have some exclusive images of the game that look very promising.

Nothing like keeping positive eh?
Well we know Happy Action Theatre is Feb 1st, past few weeks have been 2 game slots, so 25th Jan and Feb 1st still needs another game beside them, also Feb 8th is currently empty before House Party kicks off. Seems anything can happen with the xbla schedules, so we shall see. If not there's always March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom