• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galdelico

Time to do Orochi's work. Amen.

But SNK games very rarely go on sale. So if your fence sitting this may be a rare chance to get some games on the cheap. A shame not to see Neo Geo Battle Coliseum though. That game could use an online boost.
I would buy both MS3 and XX if only you could turn that shitty graphic filter off... Same for KoF98, if I remember correctly I read it had some issues related to english translation (or lack of?).

Do you guys know if there's any similar crap in Sky Stage? I tried the demo months ago, and even if it wasn't great, I thought it could have been way worse.

Aero Cross
Alien Spidy
Anomoly Warzone Earth
Awesomenauts
Babel Rising
Bang Bang Racing
Battleblock Theatre
Behemoth Builder
Bellator
Black Knight Sword
Bloodforge
Bonk: Brink of Extinction
Capsized
Caveland
Crimson Dragon (Kinect)
Deadlight
Deep Black Episode 1
Deep Black Episode 2
Diabolical Pitch (Kinect)
Doodles
Double Dragon 2
Double Fine Extra Happy Action Theatre
Dragons Crown
Dragons Lair (Kinect)
Dreamland Tennis
Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall Of Hendon Myre
Dungeon Twister
Dust
Fantasy Life: Mabinogi
Fez
Fire Pro Wrestling
Fireburst
Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Girl Fight
Gottlieb Pinball
Hearts of Iron: Road to War
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Jam
Jam Live Music Arcade
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
Jewels Beat
Jigoku
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD
Joyride Arcade (Kinect)
Kinect Rush: Snapshot (Kinect)
Kinectopia (Kinect)
King of Campus
Kingdom
Lips Live
Magic 2013
Magical Drop V
Mertalocalypse
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Monster Battle
MX Vs. ATV Alive: Tournament
Ninja Arcade
Penny Arcade Episode 3
Purple Giraffe
Quantum Conundrum
Red Johnson's Chronicles: One Against All
Retro City Rampage
Rock Band Blitz
S (Double Fine)
Saints Row Moneyshot
Scourge: Outbreak
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Skullgirls
Skulls of the Shogun
Skykid
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
Spelunky
Spongebob Gravjet Racing
Sword of Legend
Tetris Splash
The Mystery of Whiterock Castle
The Pinball Arcade
The Splatters
The Walking Dead
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Topgun
Transcend
Trials Evolution
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Warlords (Kinect)
Wild Rush
Wildlife: Forest Survival
Woman's Flat Track Derby Association: Rollerjam
World Gone Sour
Wreckateer
WWE Wrestlefest
Zombie Driver HD
Zuma's Revenge

I would buy both MS3 and XX if only you could turn that shitty graphic filter off... Same for KoF98, if I remember correctly I read it had some issues related to english translation (or lack of?).

Do you guys know if there's any similar crap in Sky Stage? I tried the demo months ago, and even if it wasn't great, I thought it could have been way worse.

If you still have a PS2 lying around I'd get 98UM on that. It's a better version of the game that's in English and you can get it now for about the same price you would buying the game on LIVE. But if those aren't deal breakers then 400 is a good entry price to get it.

I'd suggest 2002 UM for the fact this is the only way you can get the game in English. And it's based of the Tokugeki Editon sans NeoGeo Mode and the Color Edit so your playing the damn near latest update outside of Revenge in the arcades now.

I'd take XX over 3 just because of the deal. The game is worth 600 because it was worth 1200. And for an extra 80 you get Leona. 3 is still crack though so get that too if XX isn't enough of a fix for you. And in 3 I think you can adjust the filters. I don't have my XBOX around to check but somebody will chime in if I'm wrong.

Trouble Witches NEO is damn good. I picked it up last time it was on sale. So if you're looking for a decent horizontal SHMUP that happens to be on sale this week then get this one.

KOF SkyStage gets an OK from me. A lot of hardcore fans of the genre tend to disagree but for 400 its a steal. I'm spoiled on NeoGeo Heroes Ultimate Shooting which is a better version of SkyStage in my view. But I bought SkyStage Day 1 and I had fun with it though. So take that for what you will.

Hmm..tough call.
Do I go for KoF Sky Stage or Metal Slug XX?

EDIT: Ah just read the above post. Hmm.

Kinda drowning in 2D shooters right now anyway.

Galdelico

If you still have a PS2 lying around I'd get 98UM on that. It's a better version of the game that's in English and you can get it now for about the same price you would buying the game on LIVE. But if those aren't deal breakers then 400 is a good entry price to get it.

I'd suggest 2002 UM for the fact this is the only way you can get the game in English. And it's based of the Tokugeki Editon sans NeoGeo Mode and the Color Edit so your playing the damn near latest update outside of Revenge in the arcades now.

I'd take XX over 3 just because of the deal. The game is worth 600 because it was worth 1200. And for an extra 80 you get Leona. 3 is still crack though so get that too if XX isn't enough of a fix for you. And in 3 I think you can adjust the filters. I don't have my XBOX around to check but somebody will chime in if I'm wrong.

Trouble Witches NEO is damn good. I picked it up last time it was on sale. So if you're looking for a decent horizontal SHMUP that happens to be on sale this week then get this one.

KOF SkyStage gets an OK from me. A lot of hardcore fans of the genre tend to disagree but for 400 its a steal. I'm spoiled on NeoGeo Heroes Ultimate Shooting which is a better version of SkyStage in my view. But I bought SkyStage Day 1 and I had fun with it though. So take that for what you will.
Many thanks dude.
I forgot to say that I've already bought Trouble Witches and played the hell out of it. :)
Same about KoF2002UM.

I also got import NeoGeo Online Collection '98 for PS2, but mainly for collecting pleasure: my problem with the XBLA version is onlly the lazy nature of the port (I'm a weirdo, I know that).

I'm saving 2200MP for Skullgirls, when it comes out next week, so I may grab Sky Stage since the demo gave me your very same feelings. I'll give another spin to MS3, tho, just to see if I'm wrong about the screen filter. :)

aku:jiki

I agree with everything you posted except for this - SkyStage is just an awful, awful shmup in every possible regard. It's a ridiculously easy 200 if that's your thing, but it's not worth buying to actually enjoy.

Looking forward to giving Hydro Thunder a shot. Always liked that one, but not for 1200 pts... MSXX down from 1200 is a given too. I guess I'm just not comfortable paying the premium price for retro games, but I'll buy them all on sale!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, it's not a list of upcoming games, because Double Fine Happy Action Theatre is on it. It's not a list of announced games, because some of them aren't announced. It's not an exhaustive list of upcoming games, because there's some announced stuff that's missing. It's got stuff that I don't even remember being rumoured ("Rock Band Blitz", "Joyride Arcade"). It's also got at least one XBLIG game rather than an XBLA game. It's not a Partnernet listing.

So what is the list of?

Vert boil

KOF Sky Stage is fairly sharp, no excessive filtering.
It's a good B/C tier vert. As with most shmups the full game is better than the demo but not by a huge amount. It gets mocked/over looked due to the license, not the game itself.

Late at night when I just want to play a shmup I load up KOF, guwange or Triggerheart Exelica before RSG or Ikaruga.

latest coming content posted - http://majornelson.com/2012/04/03/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-6/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
sure, but what's the list exactly of? It has already released games, not confirmed games, indie games...

In light of the fact that I misread "Double Fine Extra Happy Action Theatre" as "Double Fine Happy Action Theatre", I change my guess to that he has a second hand debug X360 and it's a list of stuff off PartnerNet.

I can't explain why there's an XBLIG on there, though.

Santiako

In light of the fact that I misread "Double Fine Extra Happy Action Theatre" as "Double Fine Happy Action Theatre", I change my guess to that he has a second hand debug X360 and it's a list of stuff off PartnerNet.

I though Double Dragon was out, if that list is what you say, Dragon's Crown for xbla just made my day :D

Galdelico

KOF Sky Stage is fairly sharp, no excessive filtering.
It's a good B/C tier vert. As with most shmups the full game is better than the demo but not by a huge amount. It gets mocked/over looked due to the license, not the game itself.

Late at night when I just want to play a shmup I load up KOF, guwange or Triggerheart Exelica before RSG or Ikaruga.
Thank you mate!

Kafel

Banned
He should clarify quickly.

Not a good idea to post this list and keep his Gamertag "mlkybrs r on me" for everyone (and MS) to see.

I'd say that since he's posted twice since and still not bothered to say what the list is, he's just taking the piss.

KoF2002UM and MSXX half price?

This ain't exactly a 'money or the box?' situation. Bought and downloading.

JackNicholsonNodding.gif

Sonic Adventure 2, at least, isn't, I'm told, on the partnernet.

It makes sense as a release though - SA did well, and like with SADX they can take the SA2 Battle stuff from the GameCube release and offer it as DLC.

V_Ben

Banned
What a weird ass list. No fucking clue why Wildlife: Forest Survival would be on there... As that game was cancelled a while ago. Maybe he has some kind of list from a while back. Although, Harmonix is unveiling a new game today, so... We'll see if that is indeed "Rock Band Blitz".

Edit: Also, metalocalypse is on there. Also cancelled. Reads like some kind of vaguely plausible wish list.

kassatsu

Banned
What a weird ass list. No fucking clue why Wildlife: Forest Survival would be on there... As that game was cancelled a while ago. Maybe he has some kind of list from a while back. Although, Harmonix is unveiling a new game today, so... We'll see if that is indeed "Rock Band Blitz".

Edit: Also, metalocalypse is on there. Also cancelled. Reads like some kind of vaguely plausible wish list.
Wildlife Forest Survival wasn't cancelled, "development was suspended".

nasos_333

If only XBLA games existed, 360 would still be the best console ever.

Indeed, we have come to a point where i find myself planning to buy almost every single upcoming XBLA game

And i get 4 for the price of a retail game, which makes it even more amazing

BTW. Dragons Crown listed above is PSN/Vita only i think and not on XBLA

surly

Banned
I bought 8,400 MSP today because of the upcoming line-up. It's looking to be a great year for XBLA!

BTW, I saw this deal on HotUKDeals - If you're in the UK you can get a 4,200 MSP card from Tesco for £28.02 delivered when you use this code: -

EX-15OFF15-1

Misfits

Neo Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom