• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna have to get a points card this week. Definitely in for Trouble Witches, KoF 98 UM and/or 02 UM. Considering Metal Slug XX. Is that one decent?

Went back and saw that rad post on the previous page. Definitely in for XX.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is there a mute voice option in Trouble Witches? I don't think I could handle the horrors I'm seeing in youtube.

Vert boil

Is there a mute voice option in Trouble Witches? I don't think I could handle the horrors I'm seeing in youtube.

If you are referring to the english voices, the original Japanese voices can be selected.
If you dislike the JPN voices as well there is a separate voice volume slider in the menu.

Gonna have to get a points card this week. Definitely in for Trouble Witches, KoF 98 UM and/or 02 UM. Considering Metal Slug XX. Is that one decent?

Went back and saw that rad post on the previous page. Definitely in for XX.

JackNicholsonNodding.gif

Can anyone recommend which Dishwasher game to start with? Picked up Metal Slug 3 so me an my kid can coop that.

Vampire Smile. It's the newer of the 2 and you have 2 different characters to choose from that offer very diverse playstyles. However, the 1st game is no slouch and you should add that to your collection as well whenever you get a chance to.

Yeah, you can turn the voices down. However, there is an option for English and Japanese Voice Overs so check them both out before hitting the mute button.

Decado

Vampire Smile. It's the newer of the 2 and you have 2 different characters to choose from that offer very diverse playstyles. However, the 1st game is no slouch and you should add that to your collection as well whenever you get a chance to.
This man speaks the truth. Also, the 2nd one is easier. Definitely play the 1st game after you've finished the 2nd.

Kerub

Banned
Hi GAF!

What platformers would you recommend on XBLA?

I have Splosion man and the old sonic games already. Thanks in advance.

Hi GAF!

What platformers would you recommend on XBLA?

I have Splosion man and the old sonic games already. Thanks in advance.

Ms. Splosion Man of course.
Braid, Limbo, Cloning Clyde, Ancients of Ooga OH and I gotta put Adventures of Shuggy in there too.

Kerub

Banned
Cool, thanks everybody. I'm going to try trials for the games you posted.

Didn't know Splosion man had a sequel actually! :)

see5harp

Cool, thanks everybody. I'm going to try trials for the games you posted.

Didn't know Splosion man had a sequel actually! :)

Splosion Man is much better than the sequel IMO but the sequel does have a big improvement in terms of production value. I never could get the hang of N+ controls but if I had to chose a single platformer, Super Meat Boy is unbeatable. I also thing Joe Danger warrants a mention because it's as much platformer as it is racer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'd say that since he's posted twice since and still not bothered to say what the list is, he's just taking the piss.

Maybe, but I'm sticking with dude bought a second hand debug unit or is involved with Xbox hacking or something, and was just reading stuff off Partnernet.

Crub

Then Milkybar's list from a day ago might actually hold some truth:

Aero Cross
Alien Spidy
Anomoly Warzone Earth
Awesomenauts
Babel Rising
Bang Bang Racing
Battleblock Theatre
Behemoth Builder
Bellator
Black Knight Sword
Bloodforge
Bonk: Brink of Extinction
Capsized
Caveland
Crimson Dragon (Kinect)
Deadlight
Deep Black Episode 1
Deep Black Episode 2
Diabolical Pitch (Kinect)
Doodles
Double Dragon 2
Double Fine Extra Happy Action Theatre
Dragons Crown
Dragons Lair (Kinect)
Dreamland Tennis
Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall Of Hendon Myre
Dungeon Twister
Dust
Fantasy Life: Mabinogi
Fez
Fire Pro Wrestling
Fireburst
Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Girl Fight
Gottlieb Pinball
Hearts of Iron: Road to War
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Jam
Jam Live Music Arcade
Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
Jewels Beat
Jigoku
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD
Joyride Arcade (Kinect)
Kinect Rush: Snapshot (Kinect)
Kinectopia (Kinect)
King of Campus
Kingdom
Lips Live
Magic 2013
Magical Drop V
Mertalocalypse
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Monster Battle
MX Vs. ATV Alive: Tournament
Ninja Arcade
Penny Arcade Episode 3
Purple Giraffe
Quantum Conundrum
Red Johnson's Chronicles: One Against All
Retro City Rampage
Rock Band Blitz
S (Double Fine)
Saints Row Moneyshot
Scourge: Outbreak
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Skullgirls
Skulls of the Shogun
Skykid
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2
Spelunky
Spongebob Gravjet Racing
Sword of Legend
Tetris Splash
The Mystery of Whiterock Castle
The Pinball Arcade
The Splatters
The Walking Dead
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Topgun
Transcend
Trials Evolution
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Warlords (Kinect)
Wild Rush
Wildlife: Forest Survival
Woman's Flat Track Derby Association: Rollerjam
World Gone Sour
Wreckateer
WWE Wrestlefest
Zombie Driver HD
Zuma's Revenge

Hopefully the new Bonk is actually is comming out and it's not just something that has been stuck in the registry.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is dragons crown the vita/ps3 game?
Can't be much else. I'm tempted, but honestly, PSN cross platform play makes me more excited for that version.

Sorceress is my ambrosia.

Edit: Trouble Witches trial didn't do it for me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wanna believe that Magical Drop V is still in the minds of people, and hasn't disappeared off the face of the earth... especially since they said they were even thinking about pricing it < or = 5 bucks (-_-)

Oh yeah, and great to see an SNK sale, and agree with everything ReXXX said about them, generally. The only one I DON'T own of them on XBLA is MS3... Might have to correct that before the week is out!

It's cool that Golden Axe and Streets of Rage have ports on SEGA Vintage Collections listed in that List, but... with SoR2 and GA on XBLA already, plus on the Sega Genesis Collection disk, along with their sequels... eh. Now if the Golden Axe collections includes Revenge of Death=Adder, then SIGN ME UP! Throw in SOR-Remake with that collection, and you'll have my money all over again! (But how unlikely would THAT be?) That'd really be a dream come true, lol.

Rikkun

I see now TEtris Splash.. isn't that one already out in the US? Meaning that list is EU?

Anyway no Shenmue no party, I'm disappoint.

I wanna believe that Magical Drop V is still in the minds of people, and hasn't disappeared off the face of the earth... especially since they said they were even thinking about pricing it < or = 5 bucks (-_-)

I actually happened to check Golgoth's Facebook at random the other day and they apparently opened a Steam Community for Magical Drop V recently. Not quite sure what to make of that - maybe they're trying to self-publish there since Golgoth and Ignition have apparently cut ties?

Steam community opened March 21st.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/
So XBLA version may not be far off.

Damn beaten, still.

"it's still PC first, and unspecified consoles after."

Guess one of the consoles is now specified.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wohoo, glad to see some updates on Magical Drop V then, I check Joystiq all the time, but never the PC side. Thanks for the info, everyone :)

Could Golgoth actually have a COMPLETED PROJECT soon? Toki, Joe & Mac, Noitu Love 2 Wii, and Magical Drop V... 1 actually might reach completion!

mrgone

Do I spy sonic adventure 2... I fear for what saga has done to it :(

They couldn't make it any worse than it already is BOOOOOOM (not entirely serious)

Save your fears for Jet Set Radio HD, which is probably cancelled now along with everything else Sega had in the pipeline that was worth anything. :(

Did some Googling on some of the names and this Pastebin from Feb 9th popped up.
Similar type of list that is formatted the same. Removed all the games from the new list in this thread that are on both leaving only the new games. I guess someone else can double check my work
Games new in the last 2 months said:
Alien Spidy
Behemoth Builder
Bellator
Doodles
Double Fine Extra Happy Action Theatre
Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall Of Hendon Myre
Dust
Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Jam Live Music Arcade
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Joyride Arcade (Kinect)
Kinect Rush: Snapshot (Kinect)
Lips Live
Ninja Arcade
Penny Arcade Episode 3
Purple Giraffe
Red Johnson's Chronicles: One Against All
S (Double Fine)
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Sonic Adventure 2
Tetris Splash
The Walking Dead
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Warlords (Kinect)
Woman's Flat Track Derby Association: Rollerjam
Zuma's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.