• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

Lazaro

If using CDKeys

use coupon code: CDKEYSBLACK10

for another 10% discount! EDIT: Might only apply to Black Friday items?

What I bought:

Dance Central Spotlight Xbox One - Digital Code
Download - AU$ 1.69
Tom Clancy's The Division Xbox One - Digital Code
Download- AU$ 18.69

Subtotal AU$ 20.38
Discount (CDKEYSBLACK10) -AU$ 2.04
Grand Total AU$ 18.34

Novocaine

If using CDKeys

use coupon code: CDKEYSBLACK10

for another 10% discount! EDIT: Might only apply to Black Friday items?

What I bought:

Dance Central Spotlight Xbox One - Digital Code
Download - AU$ 1.69
Tom Clancy's The Division Xbox One - Digital Code
Download- AU$ 18.69

Subtotal AU$ 20.38
Discount (CDKEYSBLACK10) -AU$ 2.04
Grand Total AU$ 18.34

Thanks waiting in the queue now.

Do you need to switch the systems region to enter the codes if you're in AU?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So nothing for Firewatch or The Witness? Maybe its easiet to look for cheap gift cards that I can use towards them instead.

£4 for the Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass is ridiculous. I've just purchased it.

On an unrelated note, where's the cheapest place to buy Rise of the Tomb Raider?

Yeah grabbed that earlier, game has been in my backlog since it launched. Bargain.

Montresor

So looks like plenty of members are getting Inside on sale. Good.

But guys, if you like puzzle games, don't sleep on The Turing Test. It's also on sale and it's phenomenal. Here are my thoughts from a thread I made:

The Turing Test was just released on XB1 and Steam. It will probably come out on PS4 at some point (don't know for sure). Anyway, it is quite possibly one of the best puzzle games I've ever played. It is an indie first-person puzzle game made by Bulkhead Interactive. This appears to be a new studio but under a different studio name, these same talented individuals made Pneuma Breath Of Life, another really good first-person puzzle game. This is a trailer for the game in case you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b6EE0V8NPM

+The game has the graphics, presentation, and visual eye candy of a AAA big budget, blockbuster game. The game is absolutely beautiful.

+ The game is a first-person puzzle game and the controls are sublime. When you don't have your energy/puzzle gun, running around sometimes causes your gloved-spacesuit hands to wave around, as if to brace the main character, which is a nice touch. When you do have your energy/puzzle gun, anything to do with aiming, jumping, running, etc... feels very responsive.

+The game is dripping in attention to detail. Whenever you finish a block of 10 puzzles, you take a "breather" so to speak, and enter a narrative-focused room/area that often has neat story-related documents, audio logs, and objects to investigate. And later on, you perform some "non-first-person-perspective" puzzles in which you can observe the main character - and she is intricately designed. Despite being an FPS game, in these latter parts of the game you can see that the main character's astronaut suit looks impressive and really detailed.

+Wonderful puzzles that treat the player with respect - you are never told what to do. When you enter a puzzle room, it's up to you to carefully examine your surroundings and find the most intelligent way to resolve the room.

+Clever puzzle design for any mechanic the player has never seen before. When the game wants to introduce a new mechanic, it presents it to the player (with no dialogue, hints, or on-screen instructions) in a very, very simplistic, short, easy-to-solve puzzle room. That initial puzzle room teaches the player the new mechanic, and then that new mechanic gets incorporated into much more difficult and sophisticated puzzles later on.

+ Intriguing and interesting storyline and dialogue that touches upon some fascinating subjects, with respect to biology and AI. I loved entering a new puzzle room because every new puzzle room has a few lines of dialogue between Tom (AI running the facility) and Ava Turing (main character) with meaningful discussion about AI/biology subjects, like The Chinese Room, The Turing Test, etc... And a lot of the audio logs and documents touch upon those subjects (and the idea of The Imitation Game). I've done extra reading into the subject thanks to this game.

+Great voice acting from everyone in the cast, from the main character Ava Turing, to Tom (the AI that controls the facility in-game), to the side characters (Ava Turing's colleagues/astronauts).

+ Fantastic soundtrack reminiscent of the movie Moon. This game takes place on an installation on the moon Europa (and Europa orbits the gigantic planet Jupiter). You're (nearly) alone on a cold, lonely, desolate, quiet, snowy landscape. And the soundtrack elicits the same kind of desolate loneliness that the movie Moon had. Awesome, soothing music with just the right amount of bass and tranquility during puzzle solving.

-You have to push the button X on the XB1 controller to climb up any ladder (minor nitpick)
-Load times in the game are horrendous
-There are some minor frame rate drops but for the most part the game ran perfectly fine for me
-Some audio logs were difficult to hear and had no subtitles

Bumhead

Banned
Think I have one more deal left in me.

Undecided on;

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition

or;

Forza Horizon 3 + Inside + Metro Last Light

or;

Forza Horizon 3 + DOOM

All 3 options are about $60.

I generally like Call of Duty and really want to play Modern Warfare Remastered. That said, I still expect that to release standalone. I also really like racing games and Horizon 3 looks neat. I enjoyed Limbo so figure I should check out Inside, and Last Light is ridiculously cheap for something I've considered pulling the trigger on every time its ever been on sale. But then again, DOOM is my GOTY and I feel like I want to play it again (no longer own the PS4 version I originally played)

Decisions, decisions..

So looks like plenty of members are getting Inside on sale. Good.

But guys, if you like puzzle games, don't sleep on The Turing Test. It's also on sale and it's phenomenal. Here are my thoughts from a thread I made:

I have to agree with this, I finished it last week and thoroughly enjoyed. It's clearly inspidred by Portal but it has its own personality.

Would anyone like to swap me something for a UK code of Gears of War 4?

Also, I got my first Xbox today, so is there any must have games I should get from the sale?

What the fuck is MS doing with Arkham Knight?

It's 10 USD in the US and 20.000 CLP here in Chile (around 30 USD). I was planning to get it but not like this :(

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Think I have one more deal left in me.

Undecided on;

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition

or;

Forza Horizon 3 + Inside + Metro Last Light

or;

Forza Horizon 3 + DOOM

All 3 options are about $60.

I generally like Call of Duty and really want to play Modern Warfare Remastered. That said, I still expect that to release standalone. I also really like racing games and Horizon 3 looks neat. I enjoyed Limbo so figure I should check out Inside, and Last Light is ridiculously cheap for something I've considered pulling the trigger on every time its ever been on sale. But then again, DOOM is my GOTY and I feel like I want to play it again (no longer own the PS4 version I originally played)

Decisions, decisions..

Fuck activision, go with either option 2 or 3 :)

Dominator

Before I go ahead and buy it, to purchase 360 games directly on the One, can I use those prepaid Visa cards? I'm about to load one up with $100 but don't want to waste it if those don't work on the console. I don't want to charge my card 15 times seperately.

Novocaine

Does anybody know of any sales on Dark Souls 3 digital codes? Can't find anything anywhere and I was hoping there would be a deal. About to pay full price at this point.

sam777

Does anybody know of any sales on Dark Souls 3 digital codes? Can't find anything anywhere and I was hoping there would be a deal. About to pay full price at this point.

Don't think there are any, wait 3 weeks for the christmas sales, as some stuff is probably being held back for that.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is this the cheapest one for GEARS4 Ultimate Edition ?

gears-4-ultimate-edition.png

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01EX1C2A2/

It's around $61 without tax...And there is no shipping

Yes but you're absolutely crazy I will say again absolutely crazy to pay the extra to get the ultimate edition.

All of the maps will eventually come to the regular edition.

Save the $$ and get the regular edition

Norse

Ori definitive edition (reg version is free with it)
Recore
Skyrim
The evil within
Titanfall 2
Divinity original sin
Brothers
King quest
DmC definitive edition

That's my haul for now. All digital

Jakabok

What the fuck is MS doing with Arkham Knight?

It's 10 USD in the US and 20.000 CLP here in Chile (around 30 USD). I was planning to get it but not like this :(
It's not in the sale in the UK either. Doesn't matter though cause I managed to snag it for 9 quid from Gamestop!

Dominator

Before I go ahead and buy it, to purchase 360 games directly on the One, can I use those prepaid Visa cards? I'm about to load one up with $100 but don't want to waste it if those don't work on the console. I don't want to charge my card 15 times seperately.
Anyone know? Heading out soon.

Bessy67

No clue, but you can simply buy $100 xbox gift card and forget the problem :)

You can't actually. If you buy 360 games on Xbox One or on the Xbox website it won't use your credit, it'll charge the attached credit card. The only way to buy 360 games with MS credit is on the 360.

Top Bottom