• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown Sale starting December 22 - "Biggest sale ever"

Chris1

Have you seriously not bought MCC as of yet? They were like giving it away last year..

What do you mean by "giving it away"? Because I can only remember it being on sale for $35 last countdown sale when it was still broken and about a month ago for $30. I wouldn't really consider that giving it away.

malfcn

Try it for free adds the game to your played game list / achievement feed? That's a cute way to make people want to buy it. :p

Is Shovel Knight's difficulty hard? I don't mind a challenge, but my backlog is getting bigger and bigger. So, I don't want to waste time trying to beat a certain boss for hours.

Is Shovel Knight's difficulty hard? I don't mind a challenge, but my backlog is getting bigger and bigger. So, I don't want to waste time trying to beat a certain boss for hours.

I am playing it now and it is relatively easy to play through so far.

If you want to do more than just 'beat the game', I can see how Shovel Knight can pose a real challenge.

Warablo

My haul so far.

Dying Light (I've played it, but I want The Following Expansion)
Monopoly Plus
Portal: Still Alive
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
The Crew: Complete Edition (maybe price mistake)

EDIT:

Does anyone have a link to that site that shows video game population peaks and such? I need to bookmark a site so I can check game populations.

cuilan

Aw, the price on Life Is Strange went back up. =(

I've only gotten the Alien Isolation Collection and Shovel Knight from this sale. Everything else I would have wanted I either already had or wasn't discounted enough.

jesu

What's the deal with the Gears of War Ultimate Edition? Do I have to play online by today to get other stuff?

Thanks in advance

You don't have to play multiplayer just boot the game while you're connected to XBL.
And then at some point you'll get XBL messages with the codes for the 4 games.

krang

I just want to say a massive FUCK YOU to all the people who recommended Alien.

I'm only an hour into it, and it's as faithful a recreation of the Alien universe as I could ever have hoped for. The terminals' UI, the texture palette, the audio (especially the grating metal access hatches are, for some reason to me, especially faithful). The VOs are pretty good, and it's utterly gorgeous - seriously, the art direction is exceptional.

But I am shitting myself at every noise and shadow, and I don't know if my nerves can take it! And what makes it worse is that I know it's a long game. Fuck all of you!

NuKERxyz

I'm only an hour into it, and it's as faithful a recreation of the Alien universe as I could ever have hoped for. The terminals' UI, the texture palette, the audio (especially the grating metal access hatches are, for some reason to me, especially faithful). The VOs are pretty good, and it's utterly gorgeous - seriously, the art direction is exceptional.

But I am shitting myself at every noise and shadow, and I don't know if my nerves can take it! And what makes it worse is that I know it's a long game. Fuck all of you!

Gaf loves You!

How were you going to get the Enhanced Edition for so cheap?

Well, I'd be buying the season pass too, which the EE includes.

So $25 + $30 would be $5 less than the $60 EE.

Edit: It's actually cheaper. Amazon has the season pass for $20, which made it $45, which is a no brainer for me!

AlexMogil

... You're not even close yet bud. I'm not proud of this but I had to turn the game off once and just sit for a little bit.

krang

Oh believe me, I know the worst is to come.

What makes it 100 times worse is that the only time I get to play is when my lad is in bed or napping, which means I have to use headphones...

Flux

I know someone asked earlier about GTA V. It looks like the sale price is back. Possible encore deals for the first week and dailies too.

schlew

Picked up plenty of deals with this sale. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Need for Speed, Diablo, Forza 6, Rare Replay...and I'm back and forth on Shovel Knight (played it on 3DS, but Battletoads have me thinking I'd play it again...)

But I have a question regarding Xbox MyRewards. Purchases I've made that related to a current promotion for bonus credits (Rise of the TR, Rare Replay, and Forza 6) have all popped up on my transaction list and I've received the bonus credit. However, NFS, which I purchased on Dec. 22, has not provided any points. Anyone know why this is?

Chris1

Picked up plenty of deals with this sale. Rise of the Tomb Raider, Need for Speed, Diablo, Forza 6, Rare Replay...and I'm back and forth on Shovel Knight (played it on 3DS, but Battletoads have me thinking I'd play it again...)

But I have a question regarding Xbox MyRewards. Purchases I've made that related to a current promotion for bonus credits (Rise of the TR, Rare Replay, and Forza 6) have all popped up on my transaction list and I've received the bonus credit. However, NFS, which I purchased on Dec. 22, has not provided any points. Anyone know why this is?

Isn't that promo only related to xbox one exclusives (RR, TR, H5, F6, Gears UE)?

schlew

Isn't that promo only related to xbox one exclusives (RR, TR, H5, F6, Gears UE)?

I find the program's info to be lacking, but if that's the case and I overlooked it then I'm a goof.

I believed the bonus points to be the promo, but if MS published is the stipulation than I'm dead wrong.

Chris1

I find the program's info to be lacking, but if that's the case and I overlooked it then I'm a goof.

I believed the bonus points to be the promo, but if MS published is the stipulation than I'm dead wrong.
DGro2Ma.png

Is this the one you're trying to qualify for? Because that's exclusives only. The only other one is buying titles at full price, which you aren't.

Edit: Here's more information on the exclusive deal: https://rewards.xbox.com/exclusive-games/

I just bought it last night.

It's fun, looks great, has an involved story, and the premium version has a nice range of DLC content added into it to make it a worthwhile investment. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you want an alternate fighting game outside of KI.

If you enjoy single player or local go for it. If you prefer online it's net code is complete ass.

The PC version doesn't have much of a community with mkx being the third netherrealms's online turd on the platform. But if what you want is a decent local and single player game then it has that

Thanks, guys, much appreciated.

schlew

DGro2Ma.png

Is this the one you're trying to qualify for? Because that's exclusives only. The only other one is buying titles at full price, which you aren't.

Edit: Here's more information on the exclusive deal: https://rewards.xbox.com/exclusive-games/

Ah, I see. I wrongly assumed it functioned like the Wii U's DDP program, where I accrued points based off of everything I bought. So, after this promo, the proper way to earn points is buying full price digital releases, I imagine. Cool. Thanks for your help.

Ushay

So glad I picked this one up, looking forward to playing it.

Top Bottom