• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Gamertags for Windows 8 Community Thread

I've been playing games on the enterprise evaluation version, anyway, I find it a bit strange after using GFWL. Is there a way to see your friends from within the game? Send messages to them etc? Or must you go back to the Xbox Live app?

*Since I have nothing to do at the moment, here is everyone's cards at a glance.

Jzero

I've been playing games on the enterprise evaluation version, anyway, I find it a bit strange after using GFWL. Is there a way to see your friends from within the game? Send messages to them etc? Or must you go back to the Xbox Live app?

*Since I have nothing to do at the moment, here is everyone's cards at a glance.
What do the little stars mean? that i suck? haha

What do the little stars mean? that i suck? haha
Lol, well, they were meant to be an indication of how you were seen by others. You start on 3 by default IIRC and as you play online they go up. Or something like that. If people avoid you, they go down, but honestly, they are next to useless. No-one pays attention to them.

I would love to join in but is this still held back by the 100 Friend limit, because I'm already at like 90.

Although I guess I could do some spring cleaning there.

sith ewok

Sorry to highjack a thread, but I don't have posting privileges yet and this thread seemed to be one of the only windows 8 threads I found in search...

I just purchased a windows 8 laptop, downloaded 8.1. I can connect to my xbox live account through xbox.com or through the smartglass app on the laptop. However, if I download *any* games from the windows store, none of them will allow me to connect to my live account. I get stuck in an endless cannot connect to xbox loop. I've been in chat with MS for over an hour with no luck whatsoever. Anyone had this issue? Thanks for any help at all.

Top Bottom