• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live : Games on Demand. August this year

MMaRsu

Banned
There is a special MS lunch going on, Majornelson is announcing more things. Like the following :

Confirmed by Garnett on his Twitter :

Games on Demand service coming to Live in August with 30 titles
sce3c5.jpg

Win avatar items as rewards in games coming soon
Also a marketplace to buy stuff for your avatar on the way

-coming more-

There you have it. Awesomesauce.

PR statements to follow.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WTF?
Like a rental service?
Onlive streaming?
Downloadable retail games?

please be number 3.

robut said:
why would this not be at the conferance?

Fucking seconded. This would have been massive.

Then again, maybe they want to keep it fairly amorphous until they prepare an official statement to keep the OnLive guys behind the curve.

jjasper

from Gizmodo:
Microsoft had too much news for the keynote, so they're taking care of the spillover now: First up, full Xbox Live games on demand. That's right, you can download Mass Effect, Bioshock and more. Using a real credit card—no Xbox Live points—with retail-like pricing. They're coming in August.

Not every game, but it is a mix of third-party stuff: Sonic, call of Duty 2, Crackdown, Bioshock Mass Effect and more. Dodged whether games will be downloadable the day they're released to retail.

Very cool. All depends on the pricing though. Nice to see there will finally be avatar parts attainable through games (hopefully tied to achievements).

Crisis

Banned
robut said:
why would this not be at the conferance?

Seriously. I had to watch all that bullshit waving and this could have been said in less than a minute? Fuck the conference - this is where the action is.

Very very interesting. I must be 100% sure that these games will be playable on their next console before I would buy one but I do like the idea of not dealing with disks or retailers.

Oh my god I can already see I will be buying Dirt, Assassins Creed and VP: Trouble In Paradise.

I am seriously screwed, wallet-wise....

angelfly

Secks4Food said:
Wtf, $19.99 as opposed to 1600 points? I better be able to use points...

I'm glad they don't use space bucks. Being able to directly purchase rather than purchasing points first is a better option.

Brinbe

Very nice, I prefer a physical copy but this'll definitely be nice in some situations. but yeah... I'll also need a bigger HD.

KingJ2002

whoa... i definitely will use the service... but honestly... why dont they just drop the whole point system altogether if they're going to go with retail pricing on games on demand?

Top Bottom