• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | June 2014 | Something to do with EEEs

Rosur

Posting to confirm you don't actually need an XB1 to 'purchase' these. I just bought both through the web store (for when I actually get an XB1 this fall).

That's nice might sign up to gold just for the free xbox one games (as getting one when Sunset Overdrive is out)

B4D1E

Anyone here bought Murdered: Soul Suspect? Any thoughts?

I'm playing Watch_Dogs right now, and love it. But Murdered really intrigues me? It gives me kind of a good B-movie vibe? I don't wanna watch Let's Play of it to not get spoiled. I don't trust reviewers anymore since I'm on GAF, I rely more on the community's feedback.

Yup. Love and learn. Or in my case hype and time management. Bought Spartan Assault day one and probably played it for an hour.

I played it for about that last night. It really is a mobile game. There's almost no substance there whatsoever. I went in with the lowest of the low expectations and was still disappointed. Oh well, at least there's Max.

malfcn

I can now see the "Members Area" from the dashboard.
There is a tile that says "Get more with Gold" and sows you Games with, Deals with and other exclusives.

I can now see the "Members Area" from the dashboard.
There is a tile that says "Get more with Gold" and sows you Games with, Deals with and other exclusives.

Not really what I was expecting to be honest.

They need to hammer home "FREE GAMES WITH GOLD" I think. This is why the new storefront is lame imo

malfcn

Not really what I was expecting to be honest.

They need to hammer home "FREE GAMES WITH GOLD" I think. This is why the new storefront is lame imo

The new store front does look a bit lame to me. Before I thought it looked nice, but it did need a change. And it still needs a change.

Love your avatar, LOL.

The new store front does look a bit lame to me. Before I thought it looked nice, but it did need a change. And it still needs a change.

Love your avatar, LOL.

The problem with the storefront is there is plenty of space to use to promote many more games/products. You don't need tiny squares, but the biggest one, cut it into 3 and have two smaller boxes? It seems like a lot of wasted space. The Gold hub isn't even listed well imo, they need to show the whole "FREE GAMES" thing. Just all seems covered up to me, they could do more.

And thanks :D

Bought CD, playing the tutorials, not sure I'm going to like it, loool

The video I watched said there will be a new Deals with Gold every week, so next week I expect it to either be Forza or Ryse since they mentioned those back in the original press release.

malfcn

The video I watched said there will be a new Deals with Gold every week, so next week I expect it to either be Forza or Ryse since they mentioned those back in the original press release.

Yup. That sounds like a good guys. Forza to go with another Forza announcement at E3 perhaps? Or the Ryse sequel? They could try to tie them together.

And played the first level of Max. Very fun game. It does have some of that frustrating platforming difficulty, but not too much. And the feedback is cute, like bumping your head on things you should duck under.
Noticed that Spartan Assault is free for a month, and Max until August.

The Flash

Banned
0-A-RESUMI-DARK.gif

Razdek

Banned

Looks like Forza is going on sale soon as it's showing up in the Gold's member section beside Crimson Dragon. Price is still the same though.

Redshirt

Banned
On one of the Gold benefits videos available through the console shows the Deals with Gold price for Forza as $39.99.

Redshirt

Banned
Best Buy is selling $30 Xbox credit for $20 today.

It is a $25 physical gift card shipped (or store pickup) and a $5 digital gift card by email.

EDIT: I spent $100, which is $150 in credit. Can't beat that.

malfcn

Anyone that hasn't played Halo?
Gamestop has a bundle of: Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach and 4 at $17.99 here. May be able to get in store?

Pug

With regards with the new update, Kinect can now turn my Pani Plasma on. Before this update it appeared the blast was never long enough to wake the TV. Nice little update this, its the small details!

It's also worth noting that there was an update yesterday to Upload Studio so that the app will now work whether you have Kinect plugged in or not. Before the update, if Kinect was not plugged in you could not access the app :).

malfcn

I may have missed.
For E3,are they releasing a Live Event Player, or is it going to be a native video player?

def sim

It's also worth noting that there was an update yesterday to Upload Studio so that the app will now work whether you have Kinect plugged in or not. Before the update, if Kinect was not plugged in you could not access the app :).

Ah it was just the other day I was complaining about that requirement. It's good to see it fixed, especially since I've been going Kinectless for a bit.

I may have missed.
For E3,are they releasing a Live Event Player, or is it going to be a native video player?

While there's already a live event app available in the store, it seems like E3 will be streamed directly through XBL. At least for the XBO.

There's a tile in the games store that leads straight to the stream.

malfcn

Its already up. 12mb I think, search for Xbox Live Event, pretty sure thats where the event will be streamed

Gotcha. I think it was the tile that directly played a Game On ad that threw me off. The 360 always went to LEP.

Here's hoping everything streams fine. Something you could snap would be cool. Perfect chance to have a wingman app or social interaction. Even if it didn't direct the show, just for fans.

blazeuk

I have to say, the gold discount thing is disappointing, Forza 5 is £26.79 on the store now, I really thought they might go with 50% off given it's the start of their discount perk for gold subscribers and there's a new edition coming out which contains a bunch more content. Not expecting Ryse to be much better of an offer either now and that has been as low as £25 new.

rokkerkory

Best Buy is selling $30 Xbox credit for $20 today.

It is a $25 physical gift card shipped (or store pickup) and a $5 digital gift card by email.

EDIT: I spent $100, which is $150 in credit. Can't beat that.

damn this is great... you can use this only on software right?

malfcn

Something that I have been doing for awhile, if those didn't know.
Just turning on my Xbox One turns on my TV via controller. Kinect is obviously connected, but no Xbox On command needed.

Also, 360 had a patch to remove some of the gold barriers for apps.

malfcn

Opinions on Revelaitons?

And I just traded in GTAV.
Got tired of the game and didn't have the will to play it.
Even dropped it before I gained a few easy gamerscore, 370..

And just checked..

Xbox One Deals with Gold 06.10- 06.16
$05.99 | Peggle 2

Guessing on the dates.

Top Bottom