• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | June 2014 | Something to do with EEEs

m23

So if Microsoft can't figure out the expiring find then I need to buy stuff. About $62 buy July 9th. Was thinking of Super Time Force, and open to 360 suggestions too.

Super Time Force and Child of light are both great options.

bidguy

Banned
got exactly 40$ left from that gamestop giveaway

ill probably pick up guacamelee and last light redux once they are released

KI, Spartan Assault, Max, Strider.
Is the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass worthy? Ep 1 + 2 looked interesting.

The season pass for Dead Rising 3 was a bust.
Got the Watch Dogs pass because it looked cool.

Sixty Second Shooter Prime, Super Time Force and Powerstar Golf. Theres a trial of PG the other two you won't regret though, great games

malfcn

Child of light looks good for the fiancee. But she enjoys playing on Playstation more.

STF is pretty much a given. Just hoping they can fix it so I don't *have* to buy things for the sake of using the funds.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
anyone else having an issue downloading/playing the thief demo? every time i try to launch it i get an error message saying there was a problem downloading an update. it gives me the option to try again (which does the same thing), check my connection (which is fine), or cancel (which cancels out of the game). i've uninstalled and re-downloaded and installed 3 separate times....

according to reddit
"Br1zzygarnetblack67 3 points 23 hours ago
this happened to me too. I got it to work by going to the xbox home screen, then back into the game. Somehow that worked."

malfcn

anyone else having an issue downloading/playing the thief demo? every time i try to launch it i get an error message saying there was a problem downloading an update. it gives me the option to try again (which does the same thing), check my connection (which is fine), or cancel (which cancels out of the game). i've uninstalled and re-downloaded and installed 3 separate times....

according to reddit
this happened to me too. I got it to work by going to the xbox home screen, then back into the game. Somehow that worked."

I saw this problem reported elsewhere. Think they are researching it. Such an odd thing to happen.

So it's too late to download Dark Souls, right? My 360 is dying and it would be better to just download the game instead of playing it off my disc.

And how does a games on demand version of Max Payne 3 work? Or any multi disc game for that matter?

according to reddit

Are you downloading it to an external drive?

So it's too late to download Dark Souls, right? My 360 is dying and it would be better to just download the game instead of playing it off my disc.

And how does a games on demand version of Max Payne 3 work? Or any multi disc game for that matter?

Yes it's too late for Dark Souls. The free games are Street Fighter and Charlie Murder

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think Banjo Kazooie / Tooie will ever go on sale...? I sold my N64 versions knowing the XBLA versions would have better image quality / framerate, but $15 each is pretty steep...

Do you think Banjo Kazooie / Tooie will ever go on sale...? I sold my N64 versions knowing the XBLA versions would have better image quality / framerate, but $15 each is pretty steep...

A banjo bundle pack with Kazooie & Tooie in it leaked on the marketplace a couple months ago, but nothing ever came of it yet. I don't think I've seen Kazooie/Tooie on sale since they came out to be honest.

EBE

doubt it. they were on sale once way back when. its not happening anytime soon.
$15 would be pretty steep if they werent two of the best games on the n64 and by extension, xbla. the remasters are very well done and i dont feel as though you should have any problems at that price point. its more than reasonable.

B4D1E

It's been so long that I've waited for Vanquish to go on sale. I'll pick u p Viking as well, I have so good memories of this game. Summer is going to be interesting!!!

Micerider

To hell with "DEALS" of a 8 months old game only dropped to 49.99 (RYSE). Short game with average reception. I was willing to try it at less than 30 but this a deal only in name. I've seen it cheaper in stores already...

Deception

went down in price again?? lol it was 25 last week.

i would have bought Ryse for 30... come on MS get your shit together..
At $30 it's actually worth it because the game is actually pretty good. Might jump on the season pass though.

Thanks for the tip. I'm Euro based though but I'm sure I will find nice deals over here eventually. I'm just baffled by what they call "deals"
Yeah or wait until this eventually becomes free on GwG.

Archpath1

I don't know what they are thinking that's pretty lame deal, if they sold it at $30 that would leave room for possible dlc purchases, that was my plan but nope will have to wait for something else.

Making it real shitty for those that want digital only.

wrog

Is that a joke? Ryse was already on sale for 40 back in February (for everyone, not Gold only). I was hoping for 30 this time.

PERFECTxMISTAKE

Neo Member
anybody heard of any upcoming Indie games coming soon ? I'm annoyed that they just release these games out of nowhere. sometimes they just announce the dates a couple of days before they release. I know these games aren't much so far but I still have a gaming budget to stick too lol

malfcn

Valiant Hearts is supposed to drop sometime today. The stealth releases with no notice is odd. I'm used to pubs pimping their games.
It probably has to do with them being indie and can't afford having ign blitz the title. Likely you have to be connected to them on Facebook or Twitter to hear something. Aldi word of mouth from indie centric sites delivering hype.

PERFECTxMISTAKE

Neo Member
Valiant Hearts is supposed to drop sometime today. The stealth releases with no notice is odd. I'm used to pubs pimping their games.
It probably has to do with them being indie and can't afford having ign blitz the title. Likely you have to be connected to them on Facebook or Twitter to hear something. Aldi word of mouth from indie centric sites delivering hype.

true but I thought that indie had more control over the release dates and I assumed they would go out on advertising the game oh well I suppose I'm sure it'll get better soon. its still in it's infancy

anybody heard of any upcoming Indie games coming soon ? I'm annoyed that they just release these games out of nowhere. sometimes they just announce the dates a couple of days before they release. I know these games aren't much so far but I still have a gaming budget to stick too lol

Tomorrow we have Contrast (June 26th) $14.99/£11.99

Guacamelee Super Hyper Turbo Edition
(July 2nd) $14.99/£11.99

The following games have been rated, which technically means they are going through the certification process.

Castlestorm
Pure Pool
Pinball FX2
Pinball Arcade
Kickbeat
Divekick
Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers 2015

Lima

Lol wit? Valiant Hearts is not a stealth release.

wrog

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition is available in the Xbox One store.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...-Edition/b1a1148c-0cd0-4505-9c7b-0f3e0d80808d

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

They are indie games, it's up to the devs to do that stuff surely.

Ape

Banned
Id settle for two days. The ps versions got confirmed on ps blog but nothing by Xbox, weird

Noticed that too. I hope that doesn't frustrate the ID@Xbox devs. Especially the ones without the resources to advertise. A blog post or anything really would go a long way and the attitude of "it's your problem" really won't attract the smaller devs to the platform.

manual4

Banned
Noticed that too. I hope that doesn't frustrate the ID@Xbox devs. Especially the ones without the resources to advertise. A blog post or anything really would go a long way and the attitude of "it's your problem" really won't attract the smaller devs to the platform.

i think that has more to do with the devs than ms, since the devs can release whenever they want alot of them seem to release as soon as they pass certification. But you still see the games getting promoted on major nelsons site, that is pretty equivalent to the ps blog

Games do get blog posts, SSz, stf, sssp did, id need to check others but I did tweet Chris charla about it

PERFECTxMISTAKE

Neo Member
Games do get blog posts, SSz, stf, sssp did, id need to check others but I did tweet Chris charla about it

yeah some Release dates announcements would be welcomed. the ID@Xbox is still in it's infancy and it's pretty good now with time and feedback from gamers and developers it could be great

blazeuk

Only just seen the discount on Ryse, ha! Are these "deals" just going to get progressively worse with each offering? The fact that Phil Spencer himself even highlighted this game as part of the deals and they have it on their dedicated DwG page with just 17% off makes it all the more hilarious (and sad). No thanks, MS.

aries_71

And to think that many at GAF were speculating about Ryse being a free game with Live Gold next month... yeah, right.

Top Bottom