• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | March 2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot

SegaShack

I am really struggling right now.. my X1 died.. off to repair and based on the update via Xbox.com I will not get it back till after TItanfall...

How accurate are their dates on there? Anyone have any experience with the repair process of X1? I was really hoping this would not be like last gen where I had a backup xbox but I may break down and buy a backup if the track record of their site is accurate.

Should be a good month with Titanfall and still have to play PvsZ and Thief.

That really sucks :(. How did the system die? Have you considered going to an MS store to ask for a replacement?

U2NUMB

That really sucks :(. How did the system die? Have you considered going to an MS store to ask for a replacement?

Since I picked it up on launch night every once in a while it would fail to recognize a game... then it got more often until this week as I got home with PvsZ and Thief it read about 1 out of every 10 discs. Went through their online support and they spent and hour with me testing things and in the end they said it needed repair.

So off it went.. it was a bad blu ray drive.

m23

Since I picked it up on launch night every once in a while it would fail to recognize a game... then it got more often until this week as I got home with PvsZ and Thief it read about 1 out of every 10 discs. Went through their online support and they spent and hour with me testing things and in the end they said it needed repair.

So off it went.. it was a bad blu ray drive.

Are they covering the cost?

malfcn

Those achievement backgrounds are amazing. Hope they stay stored online for future wallpaper use. Thinking about updating the Titanfall tile.

Anymore news about the Polk audio accessories lately?

malfcn

I was thinking about the controller updates and such.
Any chance they could charge $9.99 for example, to unlock surround through the port versus stereo. Not that I am suggesting that, but is it possible? Similar to before how the remotes would unlock DVD functions in the past.

Can you buy codes for content on Xbox Live for gifting purposes?

I'd like to get a friend of mine a couple pieces of Borderlands 2 add on content, and would like to just be able to send him the codes to redeem.

SegaShack

I was thinking about the controller updates and such.
Any chance they could charge $9.99 for example, to unlock surround through the port versus stereo. Not that I am suggesting that, but is it possible? Similar to before how the remotes would unlock DVD functions in the past.
Of course it is possible they could have paid controller firmware, but they won't do that. Besides, one person could pay for it and update all their friend's controllers with it as well.

The reason the remotes unlocked DVD features on the original is because MS didn't want to pay 5 bucks a box to use the DVD logo, so they sold it seperately.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I'd like to get a friend of mine a couple pieces of Borderlands 2 add on content, and would like to just be able to send him the codes to redeem.

A couple of years ago gifting was possible but they removed it and it hasn't come back, sadly.

Though you could buy a point card and give him the code from that if you want.

malfcn

Don't think so. Not officially at least. Not sure if those codes are available for reselling either.

A couple of years ago gifting was possible but they removed it and it hasn't come back, sadly.

Was it exploited? I always wondered why they brought it in, and then got rid of it.

Of course it is possible they could have paid controller firmware, but they won't do that. Besides, one person could pay for it and update all their friend's controllers with it as well. I assumed the surround

The reason the remotes unlocked DVD features on the original is because MS didn't want to pay 5 bucks a box to use the DVD logo, so they sold it seperately.

It wasn't a serious thought. Hopefully they do release surround through the controller. Won't they incur a fee of some sort for surround, like a decoder license?
The adapter is a good first step, but the $25 feels a little bit high. A mono headset with similar adapter is $25.

What headsets?

edit: Nevermind I see some on gamestop.com Do these come with the adapter too or are they built in?

IIRC they come with the adapter in the box.

Was it exploited? I always wondered why they brought it in, and then got rid of it.

During Major's PAX East podcast last year he stated that it was being abused. People were using it to sell/trade services. Think of it like the UNO issue, except more widespread.

"Gift me a game and I'll send you a pic"
"Gift me points and I'll get you to 10th prestige in COD"
ect.

B4D1E

I was checking my console info and noticed that it didn't get the last 2 updates. I never heard about those 2 until I saw them in the OP. Anyone else has the same issue? I don't worry because we're getting the march update in the coming hours or days. But I'm just curious.

malfcn

The latest build is out now. Updating currently, now 03.04.14 | OS version 6.2.10698.0 (xb_rel_1403.140301.2200) fre preview.

malfcn

Project Spark sounds like it could be fun. May have to check it out. Have no idea what I'd want to create.

malfcn

I think I saw $39.99 for me.
Hope to keep contributing. But today I opened up my lap top and the screen is messed up. Also it didn't want to start. Smacked it and it started working. Then it did it had to restore it repair itself, but kept cycling. Canceled and it booted. But the screen flickers, looks like static or doesn't work. When I open and close it and smack it sometimes it works. Maybe a cable is bad.

gossi

Question - if I buy games from Xbox.com, do they auto download if my Xbox One is in standby mode at home?

malfcn

Hopefully favorite friends will toast, and digital downloads will complete in power-saving. Next patch!

malfcn

Computer is letting me get some work done again, until it breaks again. Updated a few things. Still looking for alot of solid information though. Details are still so slim and hard to find.

even MS knows it.
nr4Qgcv.png

Lima

It was a touted feature. So I hope they implement it with future updates. It would be so cool, being at work, buying game via your mobile device and get home to start playing your new game...

Yeah this is how it works on PS4 if it is in standby. Really hope they can get this feature out soon or at least restore the 360 functionality that it starts downloading if it is turned on once something is in the queue.

Southside Jim

Neo Member
Sometimes it seems prices are more psychological than anything (e.g., $499.99 vs. $500); what price would "feel" the best? $449.99 would be my guess, but that might be too steep a cut so early.

malfcn

even MS knows it.
nr4Qgcv.png

I think it's a standard question for surveys like this. Our they were able to sneak that in for feedback.

Sometimes it seems prices are more psychological than anything (e.g., $499.99 vs. $500); what price would "feel" the best? $449.99 would be my guess, but that might be too steep a cut so early.

Prices totally are psychological. Sticker shock is real.
I am pretty sure there is reading material about it. Even though we call it $500 it looks better at $499.

The webstore is still half-assed and clunky to navigate I see.

It could use improvement. Only games, and not DLC on the webstore for One. Also, let us use our stored currency.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Someone stop me from buying the media remote. I don't need it. I have voice, gestures, a controller, a harmony remote and a smart glass dedicated phone.

but I want it because it is soft and it lights up.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Someone stop me from buying the media remote. I don't need it. I have voice, gestures, a controller, a harmony remote and a smart glass dedicated phone.

Ask for one from a friends at MS for free?

I think you need it, options are a good thing...!

stn

Anyone else have issue trying to place Civilization: Revolution into their queue through xbox.com? Its not working for me and its the only way I can claim the game (I'm away from my console the rest of the month). Is it just me?

Top Bottom