• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | March 2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot

Doffen

even MS knows it.
nr4Qgcv.png

More games! DAMN IT! MORE GAMES!!

Why do they never ask me? Oh, I'm Norwegian...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Just checked it out and you are right. So strange that they have it set up that way. I wonder why they haven't set it up to let you use stored on both the One and 360 marketplace / web stores.

Probably a legacy-code issue. XB1's store was made with all this stuff in mind, 360's store was designed as MS points only primarily.

Lima

Probably a legacy-code issue. XB1's store was made with all this stuff in mind, 360's store was designed as MS points only primarily.

They added the ability to pay with Paypal and credit cards after the switch from MS points so I highly doubt that it would be too hard for them to implement something like that.

malfcn

The only thing I can think of is they are treating the two platforms as different experiences. There is little to no integration of One on the website, like achievments. Payments should be payments regardless of platform though. Hopefully it gets addressed.

m23

Is that Phil Spencer interview with Geoff Keighley tomorrow being streamed from SXSW? Wonder if we'll hear about some of the releases for this month.

Is that Phil Spencer interview with Geoff Keighley tomorrow being streamed from SXSW? Wonder if we'll hear about some of the releases for this month.

I would have high expectations for it, its a public discussion thing but I think someone said a voice recording would be put up after

isnt it time to announce some id@xbox games now ? phil spencer said some of them are hitting this month

We'll see quite a few announced at GDC, Vector Unit (Hydro Thunder Hurricane/Riptide GP) said they're announcing at GDC, I think quite a few others will be announced there based on what MS said.

Please be a sequel to HT:Hurricane. PLEASE!!!!

It (most likely) won't be. Microsoft licensed the IP from Warner and since that game they've been making iOS/Android games with IP they own. Riptide GP2 just came out on Steam w/6 player online multi. I'd expect a port of that

GoDLiKe

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but I was browsing the game store (Xbox One) yesterday and there's a new tab in the Tomb Raider product page where you can watch streamings of the game on Twitch. I didn't find this in any other product page so I assume somebody from Microsoft or Twitch was testing the feature.

malfcn

Adding a watch stream button is a cool way to "demo" the game without the devs having to branch a demo out. But some one could also be spoiled.

B4D1E

THIS DROUGHT

It should end this week, with Titanfall tomorrow and MGS next week. I'm not interested in neither of those titles, but it's great to have new titles coming.

The next big thing for me will be Watch_Dogs. Even if it's getting a lot of bashing, I'm still interested in diving into the world and cTOS.

Are any big titles coming in April?

Strike Suit Zero Director's Cut is heading before end of March as part of ID@Xbox.

April has Kinect Sports Rivals as main exclusive, maybe couple of more id@xbox games. Lego hobbit, trials fusion and child of light all 3rd parties.

malfcn

At this point it looks like Titanfall and Metal Gear only for the One this month. Still silent on the other potential games.

I'm looking at my credit card account and noticed a "$1" pending charge from Xbox Live on March 8th. The only thing I did that day was update the Xbox One, updated my CC info and added a $3 gc from bing rewards. Anyone else with a $1 pending charge?

Maybe it won't go through but its strange that its there. I did check MS' commerce page on my account and there are no purchases outside the $3 gc added.

flkraven

I'm looking at my credit card account and noticed a "$1" pending charge from Xbox Live on March 8th. The only thing I did that day was update the Xbox One, updated my CC info and added a $3 gc from bing rewards. Anyone else with a $1 pending charge?

Maybe it won't go through but its strange that its there. I did check MS' commerce page on my account and there are no purchases outside the $3 gc added.

Could that $1 be a confirmation charge? Is there a place on the website where you can put in that value to make your account confirmed?

Redshirt

Banned

Yeah, that pending charge will disappear in a day or two.

Also, (I know you didn't ask but...) you should get $5 Amazon card from Bing and use them to buy $5 Xbox gift cards. It's more efficient than getting the $3 Xbox gift cards straight from BIng.

malfcn

Updated the image for some crackling.
And nobody noticed Snake's patch.

The Twitch streaming is pretty good. But it really feels like it drags down my competitiveness in Titanfall. For sngle player games it is fine, but giving up some upload juice felt laggy for an fps game.

malfcn

Checking out another regular chat headset. Isn't the mono piece adjustable? One set I have rotates around, the other one won't budge.

And maybe I am doing something wrong..I can record voice over videos in Game DVR, but cannot talk in games or parties.

is there any place i can buy $5 xbox credit or do i have to buy like a $25 card?

(i have 25 in ms money but want to complete the 30 for Ground zeroes)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
is there any place i can buy $5 xbox credit or do i have to buy like a $25 card?

(i have 25 in ms money but want to complete the 30 for Ground zeroes)

Gamestop and Amazon both sell Xbox gift cards in a wide variety of denominations, as Digital Instant Delivery codes. Or you can use Bing rewards to get $3 increments, or get $5 back after so much spent with the Xbox Live Rewards program.

Any news on Minecraft? I'm guessing it's not coming in March afterall.

EDIT: Also PvZ has FREE DLC coming out March 18. New map, new game mode, 100 new customizations, and even new unlockable power ups for all classes. If you haven't tried this game yet, DO IT.

Redshirt

Banned
Yeah, Amazon has $5 cards. I get $5 Amazon gift cards from Bing and convert those into Xbox gift cards, which is a better deal than those $3 cards.

Ever since I updated my controller with the headset attached I am no longer able to speak through the mic. Anybody know why this might be or how to fix it?

TheLaw

Banned
From Major Nelson blog

Xbox One’s Next Wave of Features

We announced last month that we’ve invited select Xbox Live members to preview system updates early. Today we’re excited to share the next wave of Xbox One features that we will begin to roll out. These features will become available to members getting the early previews in the coming days and weeks and will be available to the full Xbox Live community in April:
Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.

We’re also extending invitations to more Xbox Live members in our current Xbox One markets. New invitees will be sent an Xbox Live message to register, so keep an eye out.

We value all of the feedback we are getting from you. We know external hard drive storage is still a big one and we’ve promised before it’s on our list – I assure you that it still is. We’ll continue regular updates to Xbox One.

Thanks for your support.

Link

malfcn

The last DLC for Dead Rising 3, Secret Agent, is available as of today. Also, the PVZ free DLC released today.

See my post a few up?
"Hey it's out now. "
The PvZ stuff had a little announcement. The Dead Rising hadn't had hype since the first DLC. Each since is mentioned the day of our day after it's released. Why?

See my post a few up?
"Hey it's out now. "
The PvZ stuff had a little announcement. The Dead Rising hadn't had hype since the first DLC. Each since is mentioned the day of our day after it's released. Why?

Not sure, doesn't make much sense, but I just don't think they are that happy with the DLC they did, I hear from people who buy it that it isn't very good.

Top Bottom