• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | March 2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot

malfcn

Uh oh. I think my Xbox One is broken.

Been playing Titanfall a ton. And the usual Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video.
Decided, hey I should go back to some Black Flag. Unreadable Disc. That isn't right.

We are aware of an issue where some consoles may experience an issue where the Blu Ray drive does not power on, resulting in an error stating that the disc is not recognized when trying to play games that are disc based, play movies, etc.

A workaround is to either eject and re-insert the disc, or if this fails to resolve, do a complete shutdown and power up (press and hold the power button for 5 seconds until you hear the console power down, then start back up). We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on a fix.

Seriously?

Still an odd bug to introduce.
What code would they be tinkering with that changes the drive power?

A big crappy one. This has been happening to me for the past few days. I'm scared to take Titanfall out of the drive but I'm jonesin for some Garden warfare.

Shoulda went all digital!

malfcn

A big crappy one. This has been happening to me for the past few days. I'm scared to take Titanfall out of the drive but I'm jonesin for some Garden warfare.

Shoulda went all digital!

What happens to me: If I eject a game it pops out, and gets sucked back in.
Then the next game after successful ejected does not work. I have to reboot for the disc to be recognized.

Also, more management failure.
Uninstalled Ryse and half accidentally/half curiosity I un-installed but left the add-ons installed. The game disappears and you cannot manage downloadable content. So if you have 50B of DLC for a game and un-install they are stuck on your HDD.
Luckily, the tile was still there so I could hit menu and "manage game" to uninstall the add-ons.

The strange part was it gave me the options to install Ryse, without the disc.
The management is still half baked and external options should be on the horizon.

malfcn

Call of Duty: Ghosts has a free Onslaught multiplayer weekend to demo. Partially this is cool, but also feels like a way to combat Titanfall.

What happens to me: If I eject a game it pops out, and gets sucked back in.
Then the next game after successful ejected does not work. I have to reboot for the disc to be recognized.

Also, more management failure.
Uninstalled Ryse and half accidentally/half curiosity I un-installed but left the add-ons installed. The game disappears and you cannot manage downloadable content. So if you have 50B of DLC for a game and un-install they are stuck on your HDD.
Luckily, the tile was still there so I could hit menu and "manage game" to uninstall the add-ons.

The strange part was it gave me the options to install Ryse, without the disc.
The management is still half baked and external options should be on the horizon.

That is what happens to me exactly!

I need that external too. I'm at 83% after Titanfall.

So since I got my Xbone the day Titanfall came out I haven't been able to load the Live parts of the dashboard and party chat hasn't been functioning. Any suggestions?

Dare I ask have you tried a hard restart?
Hold down power button for 10 seconds, switch console back on after 30.
Should boot green screen.

malfcn

So since I got my Xbone the day Titanfall came out I haven't been able to load the Live parts of the dashboard and party chat hasn't been functioning. Any suggestions?

Could try a hard reset by holding power down until it offs itself. Or restore to factory. That's what support will tell you.

Additionally, can you go to settings? Test the network connectivity. There are a few options and then you can see the error.

malfcn

I'm fine with both.

Controller feels cheap and stiff? Thats how it feels to me when I go back, such a shame :( Its perfectly usable but Xbox One controller feels so much better

It is perfectly usable. But the curvaceous shape feels so different from the more flat and refined One. Every generation is a change. But maybe because they are so similar. Are PS4 users having a similar adjustment? Or just using the DS4 for both?

Trevelyon

Um, some Ruskie's trying my Microsoft live login/Xbox account(?) hasn't been active since 2007. No card attached that I can see (it'd be long, long out of date if it were) but sensitive info is still on there. Should I just scuttle the account? Did they even breach it? Recent activity isn't showing any successful login, but it isn't showing it for me either.

Seems a lot like some FIFA ultimate team bullshit.

C Jones

Try this:

Settings, Network, Advanced settings, Alternate MAC Address, Clear (System will ask to Restart)

Got that from the MS forums. Happened to me once and never happened since after doing the above.

SpacLock

Try this:

Settings, Network, Advanced settings, Alternate MAC Address, Clear (System will ask to Restart)

Got that from the MS forums. Happened to me once and never happened since after doing the above.

About to try this as I've been experiencing similar problems. Thanks!

Burial at Sea Episode 2 is up on LIVE atm, via Season Pass store in-game for free(if you have the season pass obv), and also available on general marketplace. It is split into 2 downloads.

Title Update 1.5 is also available for World Series of Poker: Full House Pro. It adds 3 new achievements.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
They have been good at putting XB1 stuff on sale. 50% off after a few weeks for Thief would be tempting but I haven't heard good things about it.

Klocker

can someone remind me what the little notification icons are on games (in games and apps)?

I have one with a controller icon and two with asterisks in corner

thx

sangreal

can someone remind me what the little notification icons are on games (in games and apps)?

I have one with a controller icon and two with asterisks in corner

thx

iirc, controller means you have addons installed and asterisks means the game was updated since the last time you played

malfcn

Hopefully they can officially describe the star and controller icons. Users having to speculate and spread the word isn't efficient or friendly design.

malfcn

New problem with the One. It crashed while shutting of via voice command? The screen went black, the TV says there is still only. The consumer light won't go off, and the Kinect orb is going on and off. Been a few minutes.

I actually crashed both the One and the 360 simultaneously. Turning one on and the other off at the same time. I guess logging out and signing in at the same time is bad.

Once I turned off the frozen 360 the One finished powering down. The odd part then was the 360 sending video for about ten seconds after being off.

Anyone else think the tiles are too big now in the games library section? I preferred it before,maybe they should let us have different sizes for the tiles.

Was there another patch on One? Walked in and it's on standby.

I just got home after a 5 day vacation, I unplug everything when I'm away for that long, and when I fired everything back up, my X1 said there's a 1.6gb update but I can't find any info. Its downloading now, i can't proceed without updating.

EDIT: it looks like mine could be installing update 1404 originally deployed on 3/21

Instead of creating a new thread for this I thought I'd just post it in here.

While waiting for 5hizzle to stream DayZ I was bouncing around other DayZ streams and saw some indie devs stream ApocZ. It was released 2 days ago for the 360 and it's a very basic version of DayZ but with a lot more zombies. The best part is it's only $1. For a buck it's definitely worth a download. It's your basic open world, online zombie game with finding weapons, ammo, food, vehicles but I like the fact that darkness/night plays a LOT bigger role. According to the devs there are 2000 zombie spawns in each world.

Official Site and Forums
http://www.apocz.com

Xbox.com Page
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/ApocZ/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550e32

IMO, it's definitely the best XBLIG game I've tried so far.

malfcn

Another tile gets pushed to next month with the Killer Instinct news..
At least Cabela's ended up coming out on time.
Who buys that?

Also time to start speculating what next month's Games with Gold will be, and if any One games will be included.

statham

Instead of creating a new thread for this I thought I'd just post it in here.

While waiting for 5hizzle to stream DayZ I was bouncing around other DayZ streams and saw some indie devs stream ApocZ. It was released 2 days ago for the 360 and it's a very basic version of DayZ but with a lot more zombies. The best part is it's only $1. For a buck it's definitely worth a download. It's your basic open world, online zombie game with finding weapons, ammo, food, vehicles but I like the fact that darkness/night plays a LOT bigger role. According to the devs there are 2000 zombie spawns in each world.

Official Site and Forums
http://www.apocz.com

Xbox.com Page
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/ApocZ/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258550e32

IMO, it's definitely the best XBLIG game I've tried so far.
I haven't checked out the indie section for months, let me go take a stroll.

malfcn

So tired of Amazon Instant video right now. The last 2-3 days it runs 15fps. The video keeps stopping and studdering. Unisntalled and reinstalled and the shit doesn't work.

malfcn

Thanks to The Flash I learned that you get a toast when friends start broadcasting. Sitting here watching Hulu and it pops up. Cool.

B4D1E

Unfortunately malfcn has been banned (hopefully temporarily?).

Does anyone know if there is a similar thread for April? All I know Kinect Sports Adventure will be out the 7th. But are there any other titles coming out?

Top Bottom