• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale (Feb 18th - 24th)

cakely

$9 for Lords of the Fallen? I can't argue with that.

I still can't reward Microsoft by buying a broken Halo:MCC, even for $23.

Varg

Banned
Halo MCC multiplayer is still broken.

I don't understand. I'm watching halo mcc streams on twitch basically all day today and people are finding games within seconds and playing some nice games with minimal lag. What is broken atm? Parties? Dedicated servers ?

I don't understand. I'm watching halo mcc streams on twitch basically all day today and people are finding games within seconds and playing some nice games with minimal lag. What is broken atm? Parties? Dedicated servers ?

Solo matchmaking is alright, when you queue up for a match with a group it's not so great.

mike4001_

For some the matching times are quiet long (also sometimes better, sometimes worse), some uneven teams, some crashes, ....

You can very much play it by now but it´s not a smooth experience.

Groups are still pretty broken. Playing solo, you're mostly fine, though H2C and HCE have netcode issues something fierce.

The matchmaking is very spotty and it makes me wonder if it's a lot worse outside of the US because it really struggles for me, in all modes and gametypes. I also feel that it uses oversea servers because more often then not I have a delay on everything I do online, just like the halo 5 beta.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
343's big patch will probably release this week based on the game going on sale next weekend.

RowdyReverb

Finding a big battle MP session is still impossible. At least when I tried a few days ago.
I have good days and bad days with BTB. For a couple evenings I was finding full matches in under a minute, but yesterday morning I waited 10 minutes with nothing. In any case, if the next content update is as extensive as they're saying, $24 is a steal.

Remark

Banned
This is only accounting for the Gold discounts, not regular/silver:

Alien Isolation: $24.00
Shadow of Mordor: $29.99
Shadow of Mordor Season Pass: $14.99
COD:Advanced Warfare: $40.19
Trials Fusion Deluxe Edition: $16.00
Lords of the Fallen: $9.00
Sniper Elite III: $10.00
Halo: Master Chief Collection: $24.00
Killer Instinct Komplete Kollection: $47.99
The Crew: $40.19
Forza Motorsport 5: $29.99
Telltale Games Collection: $54.99
Costume Quest 2: $4.95

Varg

Banned
Looks like I'll be delaying my xbox one purchase until the 18th then. Was gonna go out and buy one now but those are skme pretty good savings

Spades

bad-boys-car5.jpg

Now that's how you do a sale, MS. From now on, that's how you do a sale.

Ominym

Banned
I have good days and bad days with BTB. For a couple evenings I was finding full matches in under a minute, but yesterday morning I waited 10 minutes with nothing. In any case, if the next content update is as extensive as they're saying, $24 is a steal.

Personally, I wouldn't trust 343i's word. If the patch comes out and doesn't work as intended it's $24 wasted. Buying something now because of how it might be one day is not a smart purchasing decision.

I do agree, things seem a bit better as of late. But I'm never going to advise anyone purchase the game at any price before I know it's fixed. Besides, you can likely find it at Gamestop for the same price.

TriGen

This is only accounting for the Gold discounts, not regular/silver:

Alien Isolation: $24.00
Shadow of Mordor: $29.99
Shadow of Mordor Season Pass: $14.99
COD:Advanced Warfare: $40.19
Trials Fusion Deluxe Edition: $16.00
Lords of the Fallen: $9.00
Sniper Elite III: $10.00
Halo: Master Chief Collection: $24.00
Killer Instinct Komplete Kollection: $47.99
The Crew: $40.19
Forza Motorsport 5: $29.99
Telltale Games Collection: $54.99
Costume Quest 2: $4.95

I think I'll go for LotF and maybe CQ2.

For those prices I'm definitely buying MCC (for singleplayer) and Alien Isolation. I should really buy an external hard drive at this point lol. I would also love to see a sale on Far Cry 4, storm island, and sunset overdrive dlc.

Top Bottom