• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale (Feb 18th - 24th)

VinFTW

60% off for a game that works 3% of the time.

As an avid Halo fan and an active member in the Halo OT, I can't and won't ever argue over how broken MCC is.

I WILL say that for that price you're getting a bargain for the campaigns. In fact, I'd pay that much just to experience the amazing Halo 2 Remastered. It was so damn well done.

Grain of salt: Game MIGHT work marginally better next week with a big overhaul of the MP system. I wouldn't expect perfect playlist settings and hit detection on H2C yet though.

I will say that for me and many others, the online works pretty well solo in every playlist but Big Team Battle, which still works for me but seems to have double the search time. Groups apparently still tend to be a little messed up.Halo 1 and Halo 4 perform very well online, Halo 2 Anniversary good enough, Halo 2 and 3 are rather shotty and can be 50/50 good/bad. Keep in mind that there is still plenty of people who don't have this luck and the game still doesn't like to do online well at all.

awp69

That reminds me, shouldn't Sniper Elite 2 be free on 360 tomorrow? Never played the series. Might use that to judge whether I want SE 3.

Toki767

Sucky thing about MCC going on sale is that I still can't get a refund 3 months after the game is still not working completely. Why? Because Microsoft thinks 1 month of Live has the same weight as spending $60 on a game that didn't work as promised.

TheYanger

Of course I've played the game. The framerate drops well beneath the teens to completely unplayable while driving a vehicle in Halo: CE.

Halo 4 is literally just a port. Why would I be talking about a port? I'm talking about the remasters.

And there's always been problems with online co-op in Halo games. I don't know why they keep trying with that feature. It's unplayable.

Bullshit, I played co-op through the first 3 games launch week and they were 100% fine.

New002

Maaaaan I really wish they would put KI: Season 2 Ultra on sale and not just the collection!

Maybe one day. Some good deals in here. I may pick up Costume Quest 2.

holy shit, some great sales. Interested in Sniper, mordor season pass, lords of the fallen, and Styx

still waiting for Tomb Raider DE to be less than 10 dollars

Kent

Bullshit, I played co-op through the first 3 games launch week and they were 100% fine.

I attempted to do this in MCC, and it was basically unplayable. When your inputs lag behind by a good half-second in the best-case scenario, it's unplayable - especially when you're under the same network conditions and same host as Reach and 4 on the 360, and had zero problems with either of them.

The most interesting part is the fact that look controls were not subject to input lag, just any other actions - but then the actual point at which guns fire does lag behind where you're looking.

Considering my experiences with trying to play co-op online in the game, under network conditions that haven't produced any meaningful problems with quite a wide variety of other games, including the other Halo games on the previous platform, I find the claim of them being 100% fine to be pretty hard to swallow.

awp69

Really wish that had been NHL 15 that had joined EA Access. Been wanting a hockey game but access is keeping me from buying one.

I borrowed The Walking Dead's two seasons and The Wolf Among Us, else those would be of interest to me. I'd already played them on last-gen, but wanted to see how they made the jump.

Question: Is Lords of the Fallen really as hard as people once said? Is it a bit like Dark Souls -- which I don't like -- in that regard? I love RPGs like Fable and Dragon Age, not to mention Fallout 3.

link is dad now

tumblr_inline_mijie7hOf71qz4rgp.png

Hyunkel6

Anyone curious about the Souls series should get Lords of the Fallen at that price. Great entry and introduction to the Souls games IMO.

Norse

Some great deals in there.

Think I'll go for;

Halo MCC
Mordor
Maybe 1 more.

So glad I held out on getting MCC as I have gone full digital this gen and wasnt going to pay 59 when its been on sale on disc for cheaper.

I was tempted to get Killer Instinct Complete over the past few days, since all I have is the Combo Breaker Pack for season 1, and I wanted all of the Ultra stuff for both seasons. I'm glad I waited.

I might get some other stuff if I have enough money. Maybe Halo: The Master Chief Collection (though I'd prefer a physical copy), Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, and/or Trials Fusion...

Pikma

Banned
If Nintendo doesn't bother to put more New 3DS systems in shelves by next week I know what I'm spending my money on.

Alchemy

Definitely in for Lords of the Fallen at 85% off. Really interested in seeing what goes on sale for the 360. Fingers crossed for some DBZ stuff to hold me over a few days until Xenoverse...

Really wish that had been NHL 15 that had joined EA Access. Been wanting a hockey game but access is keeping me from buying one.

Don't. I broke down when it dropped to $25 and have regretted the purchase since. I don't know what they did to the goalies in the game, but it is soft goals galore. More frustration than it is worth IMO.

Top Bottom