• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Summer Sale Jun 30 - July 10 - XB1,360,W10 - 300+ items

I'm thinking about getting:

• The Destiny Collection
  • Vermintide
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Assassin's Creed Rogue
I would appreciate anyone's opinions on these games :)

Destiny -genuine q- have you read any threads about it? You *can* have a great time with it, for several hundred hours, including the best FPS co-op missions ever (raids). You *can* also do 2 story missions, think they're crap, and shit post in every Destiny thread for the next 3 years.

The story missions don't have big bombastic cut scenes (or much story) like other FPS campaigns. But the gunplay is widely considered the best, PvP can be fun, and it had the best PvE co-op of any FPS.

It is a 3 year old game and the community is at its smallest now,in the lull before D2. You can still get into raids on the100.io or LFG sites.

Kiraly

Windows 10 Store is the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the displeasure of using.

That is all.

fenners

Store really needs a cart feature

Indeed. I tried to refund purchases made on my account instead of my son's (hi, Roblox) & support would only do one "as a favour" because I'd bought them separate. There's no way to purchase them together in one transaction, thanks MS.

Finally opened the sale ad on the dashboard. Had a nice look at the titles and bought The Witness for R$32,00, something like 10 USD.

Thinking about getting Bastion too, but I'm sure this game will become a GwG eventually.

Raide

Nothing really grabbing me. Played a load of DS2, so not sure about getting it again. Maybe just nab DS3 and see how it goes. Looking for a good loot game to tide me over for a bit.

flkraven

My haul so far

The Witcher 3: Complete Edition
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Riptide GP Renegade
Superhot
Oxenfree
Overcooked

Not bad for $75. No idea how people out there buy every game day 1. I understand buying your 1 or 2 favorite franchises a year, but most people have massive backlogs and look at all the games + content I just got for the price of 1 brand new game. Heck, Deus Ex and Overcooked are less than a year old!

Rodhull

Gave up waiting on watch dogs 2 season pass going on sale so used the credit I had to buy Thimbleweed Park and Stick of Truth only to see the season pass added to the sale today. FFS!

Theorry

A friend of mine wants to buy Dark Souls 3. But never played a Souls games before or one from its genre. Is DS3 possible to jump in for the first time? I said its possible. But i played more before. People who jumped in with DS3 and managed?

A friend of mine wants to buy Dark Souls 3. But never played a Souls games before or one from its genre. Is DS3 possible to jump in for the first time? I said its possible. But i played more before. People who jumped in with DS3 and managed?

Dark Souls 3 was my brother's first experience with the Souls series and he absolutely loved it.

Novocaine

No matter what game you jump in you'll be confused at what's going on so yes DS3 will be fine. Also that's where the community is so it will be better to play.

Admodieus

My haul so far

The Witcher 3: Complete Edition
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Riptide GP Renegade
Superhot
Oxenfree
Overcooked

Not bad for $75. No idea how people out there buy every game day 1. I understand buying your 1 or 2 favorite franchises a year, but most people have massive backlogs and look at all the games + content I just got for the price of 1 brand new game. Heck, Deus Ex and Overcooked are less than a year old!

I think people are slowly starting to wake up to this. Look at the terrible AAA game sales from last fall for certain titles (Dishonored 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Titanfall 2). People buy their one big tentpole multiplayer title (Destiny, Overwatch, CoD, whatever) and wait for sales for the rest. It's why Microsoft is experimenting with Game Pass.

Windows 10 Store is the biggest piece of shit I have ever had the displeasure of using.

That is all.

There was a time when I didn't feel this way...Halo Wars 2 overall and the latest Gears of War 4 update (30 GB Horde update) has completely changed my mind on it as it has been an utter nightmare trying to update these games.

I have a great new gaming PC and was very much looking forward to Play Anywhere titles but now I'm dreading the idea of not being able to download say Halo 6 or it's updates because of the the putrid Windows 10 Store and it's update/download system.

I have zero issues downloading games/updates on Xbox One, PS4, Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc.

If it stays this way then I guess I'll be forced to buy an Xbox One X to experience the Halo franchise at it's best (performance/visual wise).

Allforce

It's been years since I tried to buy multiple things at once on XBL, can you not just add them all to a "cart" and then check out? I have to buy everything one at a time? This can't be right because there's a cart icon up next to my profile pic on the website.

Got Just Cause 3 out of impulse buying.

Kinda regretting it now as I've played the beginning and didn't find the controls all that compelling.

Theorry

Dark Souls 3 was my brother's first experience with the Souls series and he absolutely loved it.

No matter what game you jump in you'll be confused at what's going on so yes DS3 will be fine. Also that's where the community is so it will be better to play.

What i thought. Thanks

Got Just Cause 3 out of impulse buying.

Kinda regretting it now as I've played the beginning and didn't find the controls all that compelling.

Ask for a refund with chat. If you didnt do that alot or at all yet they are most of the time pretty nice to give you a refund.

I was thinking about getting Crackdown and realized I already have it :lol

Too bad it's not backwards compatible, makes no sense. May get Eternal Sonata and Soul Calibur II (I know the first one is not BC, but I may take the risk).

I don't know what switched on in my mind, but this sale and the BC sale that just happened, coupled with how strongly Xbox is trying to keep compatibility across their entire history, has made me jump into the digital way of things. Typically I would get a great deal of physical like how ME:A is only $20 now, but I'm holding off in that because I'm loving the digital lifestyle.

Someone help me!

gamz

I don't know what switched on in my mind, but this sale and the BC sale that just happened, coupled with how strongly Xbox is trying to keep compatibility across their entire history, has made me jump into the digital way of things. Typically I would get a great deal of physical like how ME:A is only $20 now, but I'm holding off in that because I'm loving the digital lifestyle.

Someone help me!

I can't help you. I avoid physical.

Already picked up Doom and am eyeing Dishonored 2 and Titanfall 2, but beyond those more obvious picks, these are some games that have my interest piqued. Any feedback?

Abzu
Enter The Gungeon
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Kona
Song Of The Deep

Hawk269

So far for me I bought the following:

Titanfall 2 Deluxe
Battlefield 1 Deluxe (Bought the 2 in 1 bundle for a bit more savings)
Blitz Cards for Halo Wars 2 (the 20+3 decks).

Might still pick up another game or two, but not sure what else I want. Might get Ghost Recon WIldlands since I know it is getting a XBX patch.

Gorki247

So far for me I bought the following:

Titanfall 2 Deluxe
Battlefield 1 Deluxe (Bought the 2 in 1 bundle for a bit more savings)
Blitz Cards for Halo Wars 2 (the 20+3 decks).

Might still pick up another game or two, but not sure what else I want. Might get Ghost Recon WIldlands since I know it is getting a XBX patch.

Was looking at that 2 in 1 bundle. What's Titanfall 2's single player campaign like. Would it be worth getting the game for that alone?

Was looking at that 2 in 1 bundle. What's Titanfall 2's single player campaign like. Would it be worth getting the game for that alone?
Titanfall 2's campaign is one of the best FPS campaigns of the generation. Only liked Doom's more this gen. Definitely worth it solely for campaign.

Hawk269

Don't know...have not played it yet. I might just wait for the Xbox One X patch to play it. But I asked folks about it before buying it and it was a universal answer of praise for the SP portion of the game. I don't think not one person said that it was bad, just a lot of praise for it. The bundle price is really good and you get 2 games deluxe versions.

Absolutely! Probably my favourite FPS campaign this gen, I know a lot of people love Doom and I did enjoy it myself but Titanfall 2 has this thing called - variety.

Chris1

Titanfall 2 campaign is amazing

At the price it's going for it's well worth it. MP is okay too, worse than 1 but still a step above pretty much every other FPS this gen

Gorki247

Titanfall 2's campaign is one of the best FPS campaigns of the generation. Only liked Doom's more this gen. Definitely worth it solely for campaign.

Absolutely! Probably my favourite FPS campaign this gen, I know a lot of people love Doom and I did enjoy it myself but Titanfall 2 has this thing called - variety.

Titanfall 2 campaign is amazing

At the price it's going for it's well worth it. MP is okay too, worse than 1 but still a step above pretty much every other FPS this gen

I'm mid way into it now and it's pretty fucking awesome.

That's seems pretty conclusive; time to get TF2. Now I just need decide if I get that bundle with BF1 or stick with TF2 on its own

Fercho

If you love JRPGs you will love Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia. #Memories .... And Ori: a masterpiece. Have some tissues nearby!

Got it, thanks for the reassurance!!! , i will start with Ori and then with Tales, hope both are good.

A friend of mine who avoids rpgs like the plague beat it. It's awesome.

Top Bottom