• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Summer Sale Jun 30 - July 10 - XB1,360,W10 - 300+ items

It's a brand new game. You can't carry your save over from the Witcher 3 (non-complete)

Ah, okay. I'm getting the vanilla game + season pass for $17, was thinking go that route instead of GOTY which is $20 I think.

Don't make any difference to me right, guessing you get all the content with the season pass.

Xbox Rewards is offering 6000 credits ($6) with a purchase of Civilization Revolution today only.
The game is currently on sale for $7.50 for Gold members, so it would only be $1.50 when the rewards credits are received.

https://rewards.xbox.com/throwback-thursday/
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/...-9115-d802545407e5?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

It was a free Game with Gold not long ago, so most folks probably have it already. But for those that don't, it's a good deal.

Ah, okay. I'm getting the vanilla game + season pass for $17, was thinking go that route instead of GOTY which is $20 I think.

Don't make any difference to me right, guessing you get all the content with the season pass.

Ther wouldn't be a difference if you would be starting from scratch either way.

Oh god, that's like really really bad that I now know this.

LOL I look forward to your return in a couple months!

Gorki247

It's a brand new game. You can't carry your save over from the Witcher 3 (non-complete)

I don't get why they did this and not make it a game + season pass bundle instead. Other games do this when it comes to their ultimate and deluxe editions. It's not like the GOTY edition has any extra content

Ther wouldn't be a difference if you would be starting from scratch either way.

I guess it makes it easier to compare achievements with your friends if they are own the original. If that's something you like doing. And you get a cleaner logo in your library.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid question.....

I'm looking at the $28.00 gold member price tag for Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 bundle but I have no interest in Motorsport whatsoever. Are these games downloaded together or is it by some miracle, can be downloaded separately via a code?

Noobcraft

Stupid question.....

I'm looking at the $28.00 gold member price tag for Forza Horizon 2 and Forza Motorsport 5 bundle but I have no interest in Motorsport whatsoever. Are these games downloaded together or is it by some miracle, can be downloaded separately via a code?
I'm pretty confident that they download separately (both are added to your library). You could pause/cancel the download for FM5 and just download FH2. I doubt you get a code though (if you're interested in trying to resell it).

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty confident that they download separately (both are added to your library). You could pause/cancel the download for FM5 and just download FH2. I doubt you get a code though (if you're interested in trying to resell it).

Yeah, that's what I thought and what I was hoping to do in order to lower the cost. I hate bundles. UGH. Thanks.

what time exactly does this sale end? can't even use microsoft bucks to pay for things from the webstore for 360 what the fuuuuuuck

Stupid question.....

Huh? Where did you find this? I searched the store up and down and could only find H2 for full price (new Xbox user here).

I got halo 5, sunset, ori, gears 4, ki:de, state of decay.. anything else noteworthy for Xbox (besides forza)?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Two questions?

Recore: Is it worth $20, I played the trial and it seemed fun, i remember GB having mixed feelings about it.

Ori: Is it good for somehow who doesn't really play a lot of platformers? People say such good things but I'm bad at and don't play many platformers

Novocaine

Two questions?

Recore: Is it worth $20, I played the trial and it seemed fun, i remember GB having mixed feelings about it.

Ori: Is it good for somehow who doesn't really play a lot of platformers? People say such good things but I'm bad at and don't play many platformers

ReCore is cool but it's unfinished. Wait for a few months and see what they do with the big patch in the works.

Ori Definitive Edition has an easy mode so get that version over the standard edition. Ori is a must play.

Syrus

Banned
Buy Gears 4 if you want a great showcase for HDR. Although it will get a 4k patch so wait if your buying an X

Kill3r7

What's people opinions on mass effect or fallout 4, Tokyo 42 and doom, worth a buy?

Yes on Doom. Maybe on FO4 and MEA. It depends on how much you like the previous games in the series and your tolerance for jank. I enjoyed my time with FO4. Yes it was not as great as it should have been but I liked it. I have yet to finish MEA.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Yes on Doom. Maybe on FO4 and MEA. It depends on how much you like the previous games in the series and your tolerance for jank. I enjoyed my time with FO4. Yes it was not as great as it should have been but I liked it. I have yet to finish MEA.

Loved FO3, never played a mass effect but this one does look good

I could get doom and fallout 4 for the price of mass effect but I do love space stuff 😕 And mass effect could be cheaper in the future, I dunno

Kill3r7

Loved FO3, never played a mass effect but this one does look good

I could get doom and fallout 4 for the price of mass effect but I do love space stuff 😕 And mass effect could be cheaper in the future, I dunno

MEA will absolutely be cheaper in the future. At the very least it will be on EA Access by the end of the year (my best guess).

Looks like the Design Labs controllers have a sale also with free rubberized grips. My question is I have heard different opinions on this and just wanna make sure. I've heard you can't use your M$ balance online to purchase physical goods. But when I get to the end of designing my controller I have the option of using my available credit online and using my CC to pay the balance.

Would that work or would something to go wrong if I tried to proceed like that?

Night.Ninja

Banned
MEA will absolutely be cheaper in the future. At the very least it will be on EA Access by the end of the year (my best guess).

giphy.gif

Didn't even think of EA access at all

Just bought fallout 4

Zenner

Any opinions on Riptide GP Renegade?

It's fun, but also pretty simple. Very arcade-style.

• Unlock the next track by placing in the Top 3 finishers
  • Earn money to upgrade your bike by placing anywhere
  • Unlock the next bike (and rider) by winning a series of races.
  • Earn Skills by gaining XP through racing & doing Stunts

The tracks themselves are decent, but there's only 8 or so that I've seen, I think. Maybe more unlock further along? I don't know. Also, there's some additional race modes, such as Elimination - where every 10 seconds, the last-place rider gets eliminated and second-to-last becomes the new last-place. Great for multiplayer.

I've only played local multiplayer - it's good. There's online, as well, but I've no idea how easy it is to match up.

Definitely got my money's worth from it, mind you.

NullMoon

Neo Member
It's fun, but also pretty simple. Very arcade-style.

• Unlock the next track by placing in the Top 3 finishers
  • Earn money to upgrade your bike by placing anywhere
  • Unlock the next bike (and rider) by winning a series of races.
  • Earn Skills by gaining XP through racing & doing Stunts

The tracks themselves are decent, but there's only 8 or so that I've seen, I think. Maybe more unlock further along? I don't know. Also, there's some additional race modes, such as Elimination - where every 10 seconds, the last-place rider gets eliminated and second-to-last becomes the new last-place. Great for multiplayer.

I've only played local multiplayer - it's good. There's online, as well, but I've no idea how easy it is to match up.

Definitely got my money's worth from it, mind you.
Wow, thanks for the detailed info. Sounds pretty cool I'm gonna pick it up. I need something to just pick up and race a few race here and there. Sort of akin to my days with Outrun Online.

I was able to pick up a few games.

NBA playground
This War of mine
Snake Pass
Tropico 5
Witness
Dead Light
FH3 Porsche pack.

Also Shadow of Modor Game of the Year edition was on sale for $4. I picked that up too. I may purchase ghost of a tale. I know it's in preview but I'm enjoying the 1hr trial.

Top Bottom