• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Multiplayer All-Access Oct. 27-30 (Free Gold and Borderlands 2/TPS)

Borderlands 2 + The Pre-Sequel just showed up in my Ready to Install list and Smartglass shows them as Free Play Days. I assume it lasts until Monday. Gold membership is required.
JaDiAYY.png

I was just about to make a thread asking why they showed up in my library. But, uh, it isn't the weekend. Don't care. Gonna submerge myself for yet more hours in my GotG and its really very good follow up.

Should I play 2 first or The Pre-Sequel? I know that Pre-Sequel explains things that are in the second one but I already have a general idea about 2's story.

Jeff6851

Should I play 2 first or The Pre-Sequel? I know that Pre-Sequel explains things that are in the second one but I already have a general idea about 2's story.

I played through 2 about 4 or 5 times, I barely got into TPS before getting bored if that helps.

The Pre-Sequel has lower gravity and a double jump mechanic which, in my opinion, makes the combat far more engaging, so don't be surprised if you find it hard to go back to Borderlands 2. You might not have that issue playing the other way.

Otherwise, you should be fine story wise for TPS. I think it stands well enough on its own.

Borderlands 2 is a much larger game, and that's not even counting the copious DLC, but don't skip out on TPS. If you're playing for the story, go ahead and start it up. It ties a lot of stuff together neatly (and even ties to Tales from the Borderlands).

Some people don't like it, and that's their loss, but don't skip it just because they don't. I had a great time with it, though I didn't come close to sinking the same amount of time into it as I did Borderlands 2.

Borderlands 2 is a much larger game, and that's not even counting the copious DLC, but don't skip out on TPS. If you're playing for the story, go ahead and start it up. It ties a lot of stuff together neatly (and even ties to Tales from the Borderlands).

Some people don't like it, and that's their loss, but don't skip it just because they don't. I had a great time with it, though I didn't come close to sinking the same amount of time into it as I did Borderlands 2.
Don't worry. I plan to play it for sure. The only one I'm hesitant to play is Borderlands 1. Don't have a desire to. So I can play TPS first and then 2 and not get thrown off too much with the gameplay?

It seems like this may actually be a price glitch. The game is showing up as free on the marketplace. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...andsome-collection-unlock-bundle/bvrk77xxgbwb
Whoa you're right! Weird.

Don't worry. I plan to play it for sure. The only one I'm hesitant to play is Borderlands 1. Don't have a desire to. So I can play TPS first and then 2 and not get thrown off too much with the gameplay?

Whoa you're right! Weird.

You might be reflexively trying to butt slam everything in Borderlands 2.

Catman

Banned
If it's a price glitch, I'm sure it'll get revoked. Microsoft doesn't seem to hesitate when it comes to that shit these days.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
if this is free i am going to be very happy.
bought bl2 on pc ps3 360 ps4 and vita
so i kinda deserve this :p

ryan299

If it's a price glitch, I'm sure it'll get revoked. Microsoft doesn't seem to hesitate when it comes to that shit these days.

Yeah, but last time when there was a glitch with Fallout 4 they gave everybody 10 bucks. worth the download.

Hugstable

Banned
Wait this is only for a free weekend? Was hoping it was a price glitch lol. Played BL2 ages ago, but never got to play Pre-Sequel, doubt I could power through it in one weekend though, I'm really slow at these loot type games since I tend to burn out fast on them -___-

BstnRich

If I played Borderland 1 when it came out in 2009 and played Borderlands 2, but have no actual memory of doing so and have never played TPS - where should I begin?

I'm currently played Tales From The Borderlands and I fucking love it. I need more Borderlands.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If I played Borderland 1 when it came out in 2009 and played Borderlands 2, but have no actual memory of doing so and have never played TPS - where should I begin?

I'm currently played Tales From The Borderlands and I fucking love it. I need more Borderlands.

It doesnt matter. Play whichever one you feel like.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The fuck, I was able to get it from the web store even though I don't have Gold. Free play days is for Gold only, right?

Carpo

Neo Member
Probably a pricing error on the marketplace but added anyway in case another fallout 4 issue happens :)

EdgeXL

It could be a free weekend trial. Doesn't make sense to give it away while the game is on sale.

On the other hand, I have read that people who do not subscribe to Gold are able to download it too.

I've owned the Handsome Collection for about a year and have yet to start TPS just because I can't decide which character to play as. They just all seem so boring, even Claptrap somehow seems boring. I looked at all the talent trees and none seem that interesting.

If there's no Krieg or siren in BL3 I don't know what I'm gonna do.

I've owned the Handsome Collection for about a year and have yet to start TPS just because I can't decide which character to play as. They just all seem so boring, even Claptrap somehow seems boring. I looked at all the talent trees and none seem that interesting.

If there's no Krieg or siren in BL3 I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Shame. I thought Athena, Wilhelm, Aurelia, and Jack Timothy were all really fun to play as.

mace999

Neo Member
Thanks for the heads up , I never did finish The Pre-quel on the 360, so nice to get to try again but this time it's free :)

danowat

Banned
I was just about to make a thread asking why they showed up in my library. But, uh, it isn't the weekend. Don't care. Gonna submerge myself for yet more hours in my GotG and its really very good follow up.

I was thinking the same, I started it, but as it's just the weekend, I won't bother with it anymore.

Edit : so is it a free weekend or a free price glitch??

jesu

I already own the disc and have both games installed.
I went to xbox.com and download 'Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Unlock Bundle'
Would be handy if it's a glitch, I could get rid of the disc.

I seem to remember when Rocket League had a free weekend it coincided with a free gold weekend and as a silver member I had to purchase a similar unlock to play it as it wouldn't appear in my ready to install as I wasn't a real gold member. So purchasing free unlocks isn't unheard of, silver members being eligible may be a screwup but it'll disappear for all of us when the weekend is over.

Footos22

There's 2 bundles on xbox one. One for free called unlock bundle and one for £18 which is the actual game. Not sure if it's just a trial or not but downloading now

if only they sell the games separately... I have close to 0 interest in playing the Pre-Sequel, but I wouldn't mind a new run on Borderlands 2

Mission Complete: Confuse people whether it's a glitch or f2p weekend, get those preemptive downloads in there for those who think it's a glitch, then take away access in the future by saying "Hope you enjoyed your time! Please purchase the full game." Because hey, every download is a potential new purchase ;]

You've all been deceived!
fingers crossed for pricing glitch
brb downloading now

Top Bottom