• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One and Samsung 40in 1080p Smart HDTV for $500 (Best Buy 8/9)

traded the Xbox One in for the Target PS4 deal this week. Only paid the 50 buck difference. Good deal all around for those wanting to keep the Xbox One or get a PS4 with the TV.

DSC_0008.jpg

AGITΩ

So if a best buy I can drive to has the tv in stock but not the XB1, is there someway for me to get this deal still?
Best buy associate here. They've changed the Xbox offering from just The MC collection to the AC 500GB and just the 500GB Xbox one if still around.
Now if there is a free xbox at another Best Buy store, we can bypass the out of stock by ordering an Xbox that qualifies from the promo and scanning the serial number that store gives us. But that's if the store is kind enough to ship to that store. I have ran into some stores unwilling to part with the stock.

LowSignal

Picked up my smasung tv from in store pick up today, looks like a pretty good TV for $250. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it for something, gift it, do a giveaway or something fun

AGITΩ;175311660 said:
Best buy associate here. They've changed the Xbox offering from just The MC collection to the AC 500GB and just the 500GB Xbox one if still around.
Now if there is a free xbox at another Best Buy store, we can bypass the out of stock by ordering an Xbox that qualifies from the promo and scanning the serial number that store gives us. But that's if the store is kind enough to ship to that store. I have ran into some stores unwilling to part with the stock.

Thanks for the input

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any of the 500GB XB1 models at that specific store so unless I want to try getting another store to give up a XB1 which seems like a lot of hassle

TKR92

finally sold Xbox One for $300. Mission accomplished.

BTW, as many people already said, the TV is pretty good for the price. I'm really satisfied with it.
But I haven't really played games a lot to test.

Einbroch

Banned
It's really not that bad. I mean, yeah, it's kinda shady, but Target/Best Buy aren't out anything really. Maybe 2 minutes of a couple of employees' time, but that Xbox is just gonna go back to Microsoft or sold on the floor, neither of which will have any real consequences.

But you probably shouldn't brag about it.

Maximus.

You know man, I have a feeling it will and come the holidays the 1tb Sku will be $349.99 with the MCC games. I don't see them not having a $349.99 system because it gives them a price differential between them and the PS4. So I think you are onto something. All the special bundles, Forza 6, Halo 5, Madden are all 1TB Sku's.

1TB needs to be standard on both One and PS4. 500gb is not enough space and it sucks having to clear out space or having to replace the harddrive on the PS4 specifically and reinstall everything on the new drive.

It's really not that bad. I mean, yeah, it's kinda shady, but Target/Best Buy aren't out anything really. Maybe 2 minutes of a couple of employees' time, but that Xbox is just gonna go back to Microsoft or sold on the floor, neither of which will have any real consequences.

The crap he did is the reason it's just getting harder and harder to return things. Aside from affecting the stores inventory, it's just a shit thing to do.

Ascenion

traded the Xbox One in for the Target PS4 deal this week. Only paid the 50 buck difference. Good deal all around for those wanting to keep the Xbox One or get a PS4 with the TV.

DSC_0008.jpg

Surprised Target actually did this. I'd usually do it to Walmart mostly because they'll take stuff like that and fuck them for screwing me on so many defective new items.

orochi91

DSC_0008.jpg

Brilliant, I imagine more people would do this if they were aware of the Target deal.

sensui-tomo

DSC_0008.jpg

Return fruad... thanks for being part of the problem for returns. Hope nobody lost their job due to this negligence.

spannicus

In all honesty if Sony would offer better deals on the PS4 people wouldn't have to do shady shit like that to get a system. Sony got dudes thirsty, and they aint givin out no free water.

Welfare

In all honesty if Sony would offer better deals on the PS4 people wouldn't have to do shady shit like that to get a system. Sony got dudes thirsty, and they aint givin out no free water.

Lol the system is bundled with the Last of Us or Batman for $399 and the systems are readily available. People doing shady shit are asses.

Sony doesn't have to. The PS4 is already selling well. They don't have to deep discount their system to get it to sell.

LOLCats

Banned

DSC_0008.jpg

thats some scamming shit and wouldnt they be able to tell if they sold that serial number...

I like how "trading in"=returning without receipt. Might as well "trade-in" that TV at its full MSRP of $430 and make a $300 profit, too!

Now that I think about it, SlickDeals and CAG are probably already trying to do that...

Maximus.

thats some scamming shit and wouldnt they be able to tell if they sold that serial number...

Yea I am surprised they accepted a return for a serialized item because they should be able to see if they sold it. Pretty shitty thing to do, as others have said.

Xamdou

DSC_0008.jpg

Lol you call that "Trading in" and expect gaf to not find out the truth right there on the receipt?

Sure, but you are all overestimating how much they give a shit about this sort of thing.

exactly. It costs Target NOTHING.

Love all the faux outrage.

News flash for some of you not knowing how this works. All they will do is return the unit to the distributor/company for a credit. Nothing was wrong with the unit at all. And their customer service at the store were the ones that opened it for the first time.

No one is losing their job. Relax and chill with the outrage.

JaggedSac

You see they returned $21 in tax to him.

Arttemis

You see they returned $21 in tax to him.

Many retailers have a no-receipt return policy. These retailers will take items from people who openly admit they don't know their unopened item was purchased at their store or not, and it has zero effect on the return process. This happens frequently every holiday season. If the store sells that ISBN, then the clerks are offered to do a no-receipt return policy. Repeat, clerks for many different retailers are authorized to take returns for unopened items without a receipt, even if it isn't purchased at that store.

The cost of the return is the same cost of a regular sale. Their inventory numbers go up one item, while their COH goes down the cost of one item.

exactly. It costs Target NOTHING.

Love all the faux outrage.

News flash for some of you not knowing how this works. All they will do is return the unit to the distributor/company for a credit. Nothing was wrong with the unit at all. And their customer service at the store were the ones that opened it for the first time.

No one is losing their job. Relax and chill with the outrage.
You may want to go back to school, if you think it doesn't cost target anything. They create these deals to SELL items not to exchange them with items purchased from other stores. It costs money to process returned merchandise and Target is not netting anything on it.

Kerm 1

You may want to go back to school, if you think it doesn't cost target anything. They create these deals to SELL items not to exchange them with items purchased from other stores. It costs money to process returned merchandise and Target is not netting anything on it.

They're actually losing money on it because they issued a refund at retail while the only receive credit from the distributor at cost. They refunded the margin that they never collected in the first place. Even if they return it to stock as an unopened item, they will be selling at no margin. Despicable.

Hawk269

DSC_0008.jpg

I detest people like you that do shit like this. This is so scummy and really says a lot about you and the type of person you are.

Top Bottom