• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

MS has released Beta versions of Smartglass to test the new Guide/DVR integration into Smartglass.

Windows
Windows Phone
Android

No iOS beta at this time.

I don't have an Android device, but apparently you can rearrange your pins with the beta. Obviously that functionality will come to the other platforms. Much welcome feature.

Klocker

MS has released Beta versions of Smartglass to test the new Guide/DVR integration into Smartglass.

Windows
Windows Phone
Android

No iOS beta at this time.

I don't have an Android device, but apparently you can rearrange your pins with the beta. Obviously that functionality will come to the other platforms. Much welcome feature.

thanks

windows phone app has a dvr bug with DirecTv where dvr button brings up myDirectv screen instead of dvr screen

one guide and tv tuning works great...also swipe down to get dvr controls on wp8

edit... same dvr screen bug with the windows 8 beta

dvr control works well, pause skip rewind etc...

Rvaisse

A new 1404 system update starting to deploy tonight!

We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140331-2200). Consoles that are in standby mode will be able to install the update starting at 7:30PM PDT on 4/2. Consoles that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 4/4 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. The following changes are contained within this build:

Fixes

Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
Additional fixes to address audio crackling sound encountered when Dolby Digital is enabled.
Fixes for Blu-ray software issues that can result in 0x21 or 0x87de07d1 errors.
Update to address an issue where ejecting a Blu-ray disc after the drive is idle can result in the disc being pulled back in, requiring a second eject command.
Fix to address Kinect not responding to “yes” or “no” after issuing the “Xbox, turn off” command.
Updates to reduce or eliminate Blu-ray drive “seeking” sounds after drive is idle (experienced in the 1403 update.)
*NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE*
Update to help address controller disconnect issues.
Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.
Fix for LiveTV audio outputting in stereo instead of surround sound.
Update for the Blu-ray player to fix an issue where it can freeze if left idle or paused for an extended period of time.
Update to fix an issue where fast forwarding or rewinding an external video source results in screen freezing when surround sound is enabled.
Fix for video playback stuttering while audio plays back normally in several apps (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, etc.)
Features Enabled

Game save progress bar will now display when syncing cloud game saves.
50Hz Blu-ray player support for content recorded at 50Hz.
Improved GameDVR video quality.
Online friends notification, including the ability to filter notifications to all friends, favorites only, or disable friends online notifications altogether.
*NEW FEATURE* Requested by the update preview community: Manually install available updates. If a new system update is detected as available, a button will appear under Settings, System that will display “Apply Available System Update.” Note: this feature is being enabled after this current update completes installation. This feature will be available to preview when the next update is made available.
*NEW FEATURE* A new ability to automatically redeem a license code from console messages. For future console messages that include a 5x5 license code, a new option will appear to allow you to automatically redeem the license, versus having to copy and paste the license code.
Known Issues

Some preview participants may encounter an issue where the Blu-ray drive will not ingest a disc after the console has been idle for a period of time. The disc will need to be removed and re-inserted for the disc to be ingested. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
Some preview participants may encounter an issue where some non-Blu-ray disc media types are pulled back into the Blu-ray disc drive after being ejected, requiring a second eject command. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
In this version of the 1404 update, the startup process of a console doing a cold boot up (systems that are configured for power saving mode, versus instant on) will encounter a delay of approximately 30 seconds, during which a solid black screen is displayed. This issue is not present for consoles powering up from a standby state. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
During silent update installation some devices controlled by the Xbox One via IR (TVs, receivers) may power up in the middle of the update process and not power back down. The developers are investigating this issue.

Orca

Xbox OneGuide for our Telus satellite box is much faster than the satellite box guide itself. Going to switch things around this weekend to use it exclusively through the console and see how the family adapts to it.

Bsigg12

Pretty great update. I really like the manual install of the update feature and glad notifications are back. The controller update was solely needed because mine has been disconnecting like crazy

Xbox OneGuide for our Telus satellite box is much faster than the satellite box guide itself. Going to switch things around this weekend to use it exclusively through the console and see how the family adapts to it.

Telus got OneGuide?

Did Rogers finally get it?

Delryk

took a whole 2mins to setup OneGuide with BellTV last night... works flawlessly with the smartglass remote too...

It is indeed faster to load OneGuide TV Listings than use the Guide within bell's box.. pretty impressed so far!...

Can't wait to test more stuff out tonight especially with the new update.

Moa

RareGrippingKronosaurus.gif

For anyone interested.

Prine

Banned
Thanks for posting that gif. What's impressive here is not only are these updates vast and swift, it's their pipeline when deploying, MS/Whitten done a great job here. Expecting the software to evolve much much faster then 360 did.

sangreal

*NEW FEATURE* Requested by the update preview community: Manually install available updates. If a new system update is detected as available, a button will appear under Settings, System that will display “Apply Available System Update.” Note: this feature is being enabled after this current update completes installation. This feature will be available to preview when the next update is made available.

Hallelujah... if only I could get it to install this update

muzzymate

*NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE*
Update to help address controller disconnect issues.
Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.

I actually shipped my Day One controller in because the disconnect issues have been so bad (very bad since launch). I've been controller-less for two weeks now. Also hoping the audio quality issue fix helps. Was getting a lot of crackling and poor quality audio from the adapter.

MCD

For anyone interested.

YES

Sanjuro

I actually shipped my Day One controller in because the disconnect issues have been so bad (very bad since launch). I've been controller-less for two weeks now. Also hoping the audio quality issue fix helps. Was getting a lot of crackling and poor quality audio from the adapter.

Hah. I almost did that, but MS told me to talk to Amazon. Amazon just gave me a $100 refund on the entire purchase.

Works for me! I was thinking of getting a new controller, everyone's issues seem largely related to firmware or software issues.

NEW FEATURE* Requested by the update preview community: Manually install available updates. If a new system update is detected as available, a button will appear under Settings, System that will display “Apply Available System Update.” Note: this feature is being enabled after this current update completes installation. This feature will be available to preview when the next update is made available.

They mean a May update?

sangreal

NEW FEATURE* Requested by the update preview community: Manually install available updates. If a new system update is detected as available, a button will appear under Settings, System that will display “Apply Available System Update.” Note: this feature is being enabled after this current update completes installation. This feature will be available to preview when the next update is made available.

They mean a May update?

No, they just mean you can't use it to install this update (since the update adds the feature). If there are any more april builds, you should be able to use it

level44

For anyone interested.

Great to see friend notifications. I hope the PS4 gets them back soon. Only problem I have with the xbones notifications is that they linger too long for example at the start of the notification you see the friends icon but you have to wait for it to show you which friends name is actually online.

flippeh

Telus Optik TV works great as well. For whatever reason my current postal code didn't work, had to use one near it.

Timu

This news makes me happy...

rrc1594

Nothing worse on the 360, when you going for a achievement then you hear that ding. Then you see it's your friend getting on. Thought you finally got that achievement but you didn't. Then you invite them to a party and curse them out .

Iacobellis

Great to see friend notifications. I hope the PS4 gets them back soon. Only problem I have with the xbones notifications is that they linger too long for example at the start of the notification you see the friends icon but you have to wait for it to show you which friends name is actually online.

I'm genuinely jealous of how many noteworthy updates the Xbox One is getting. PS4 has had one, and that was for headset support.

level44

I'm genuinely jealous of how many noteworthy updates the Xbox One is getting. PS4 has had one, and that was for headset support.

Haha I know but no doubt Sony will be bringing out the goods as well. Just look at the barebones that was the PS3 when it launched and what it is now. It's a completely different machine.

Iacobellis

Haha I know but no doubt Sony will be bringing out the goods as well. Just look at the barebones that was the PS3 when it launched and what it is now. It's a completely different machine.

I'm just surprised Microsoft is doing these so soon, whereas they used to do maybe a maximum of four major ones per year. Sony is the one known to always be pushing out updates.

I would like they to add an option to run the game on english but to keep my interface on other language because curently I'm forced to play games like Thief and Titanfall on spanish (with Spain dub) to keep my console interface on spanish since the kinect doesn't recognize my latin english accent. I'd preffer to play those games on english.

level44

I'm just surprised Microsoft is doing these so soon, whereas they used to do maybe a maximum of four major ones per year. Sony is the one known to always be pushing out updates.

Well I think it's because they want to make the console more appealing after all the bad PR. They need all the good rep they can get.
I think there was some rumor about the console being rushed so that's why all these feature have come later. I'm not sure.

Yeah, they've gotten a lot smarter about how they build an OS now.

The apps and services in the OS are very modularized, so they can change and update different aspects of the system with comparative ease. All if MS OS's sharing the same kernel and being under the same division is really good as well.

Even with that said though, the cadence of these updates the last few months is very impressive.

If that appears on bottom that's going to kill powerstar golf for me.
Awesome to see some toasting return.

On the 360, it was up to the developer to control where notifications appeared while the game is running (so not every game showed popups on the center bottom). I would hope it's the same for Xbox One, and that the developer took that into account, heh.

Top Bottom