• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

etta

my hard graphic balls
GTA IV definitely feels much smoother. The frame pacing is still there, but there's a whole fuckload less of it.

Synth

Make that 3, I'm happy for whatever game that ISN'T Daytona.

No, you actually count as a -1... so it's back to 1 person.

You're a disgrace.

You didn't know how to drift until the XBLA version so...

Don't be lying.

Was drifting fine as far back as CCE on the Saturn (the first version of the game we got at home). Was using automatic back then... but whatever.

I was near great with manual on Daytona USA 2001 on Dreamcast with the wheel. On the XBLA release I just learnt to be more efficient (4-2-4 instead of 4-1-3-4 on the final corner of Dinosaur Canyon for example), and learnt tricks like running by the pit lane on Three Seven Speedway to save time.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's semantics only because people have overused an incorrect phrasing. It's like football announcers who say that a team plays with tempo....when they really mean high or fast tempo.
... but did you understand what I meant or were you confuzzled?

Who cares about the accuracy, I'm not writing no goddamn thesis paper here. Spend energy on more important shit. Such as making a petition for Daytona back compat to never see the light of day.

Izuna

Banned
Don't be lying.

Was drifting fine as far back as CCE on the Saturn (the first version of the game we got at home). Was using automatic back then... but whatever.

I was near great with manual on Daytona USA 2001 on Dreamcast with the wheel. On the XBLA release I just learnt to be more efficient (4-2-4 instead of 4-1-3-4 on the final corner of Dinosaur Canyon for example), and learnt tricks like running by the pit lane on Three Seven Speedway to save time.

Yeah, but you can't curl your tongue so there!

Who cares about the accuracy, I'm not writing no goddamn thesis paper here. Spend energy on more important shit. Such as making a petition for Daytona back compat to never see the light of day.

Hey etta

click this link: http://gram.ly/t5vF

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hey etta

click this link: http://gram.ly/t5vF

giphy.gif

ganaconda

I think in general, people's concern about using accurate grammar is something we've lost over time, but isn't something we should be content with. A thesis paper, article, or published work is where you're going to be judged harshly for having bad grammar, yes, but the idea that you should just not care otherwise is nonsense. Using proper grammar really isn't that difficult, but it's not something you can typically just flip on and off. If you're not using proper grammar most of the time, typically you're going to have trouble using it when you actually need to. That's what I've seen at least.

Yes, I'm a grammar nazi even though I'm an engineer.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think in general, people's concern about using accurate grammar is something we've lost over time, but isn't something we should be content with. A thesis paper, article, or published work is where you're going to be judged harshly for having bad grammar, yes, but the idea that you should just not care otherwise is nonsense. Using proper grammar really isn't that difficult, but it's not something you can typically just flip on and off. If you're not using proper grammar most of the time, typically you're going to have trouble using it when you actually need to. That's what I've seen at least.

I agree regarding its importance under certain circumstances, but give the human brain some credit, it doesn't need information spoon-fed, it loves mapping out patterns and creating order all by itself. As long as there exists a preliminary understanding between the ones communcating with each other which I believed was the case regarding the subject of my post, perfect linguistic communication no longer takes precedence. I believe there's more important things to spend thoughts on. Diminishing returns and all that.
I've got a co-worker whose English is about 80% great, but I don't give a rats ass because I still understand what she's saying to me. That's what's more important to me, in fact I would argue even further that there are mechanisms of subtlety and exaggeration where using proper grammar simply fails to convey the point a person is trying to deliver, leading to misunderstanding because the other person is listening but not hearing the point.
Though I'll agree that this approach will be more fruitful in person rather than in an online conversation due to the limitations imposed by the nature of it, but I don't think it made a difference in the particular case we are discussing.

eastx

You are my hero. This is all very true. People should say what they mean and mean what they say.

breakfuss

Not to drag that little exchange out any further but I appreciate both their perspectives. Hate when people just straight up butcher words/grammar but pedants are obnoxious. Thankfully don't see too much of either on GAF.

OT: MGR pls and thank you.

Ade

Mavis Beacon Teaches Grammar?

Anyways, I'm wondering if once the Game Pass hits we'll see a glut of MS published titles showing up. While MCC exists, padding the sub with Halo CEA, 3, ODST and 4 wouldn't hurt.

CRAIG667

Just come to say that Street Fighter 4 runs amazingly well, I'm super sensitive to input lag and it feels every bit as tight as the 360 version... I really hope they get Ultra on XB1 +SF3 and every other version of Street fighter that's on the 360, including HD Remix!

Synth

There's basically no chance in Sonic '06 ever being BC.

It was available digitally, and was delisted by Sega out of shame.

Top Bottom