• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

PaulLFC

Really hope RDR makes it for official launch or soon after. It's the top voted (edit: second top voted) game on the site after all.

With the Gold sales this week I've picked up the Undead Nightmare Pack to go with the base game I got digitally a few weeks ago. Already own it on disc but it was cheap enough that if it does make it to BC the convenience of being able to launch it anytime was worth it.

Just thought of a few things you could add.

Menu+View brings up the 360 guide while playing a BC title.

You can party chat with 360 users while using a BC title.

Xbox One features such as screenshots, clip recording, Snap and twitch streaming can be used with BC games.

I figure these would be good things to add as they are always asked about in the other thread.

Added!

Lord.. My wish is that all my XBLA games hit the BC list. All 100 of them. lol <sigh>

I noticed I have two Banjo-Kazooie's thanks to my old xbla version and the Rare Replay one. How does that happen? I guess it should be safe to delete one.

My copy of Shadow Complex just got update and now the framerate is a stable 30fps in the beginning intro! (^___^)

still looked Vsynced too!

My copy of Shadow Complex just got update and now the framerate is a stable 30fps in the beginning intro! (^___^)

still looked Vsynced too!

Yep!

Gears got an update last week to add the DLC maps too. They can update games to fix issues related to the emulation, but not actually alter the game itself, that's up to the publisher. I would expect we might see publishers re-visiting titles though and fixing issues also if this becomes popular

jesu

Lord.. My wish is that all my XBLA games hit the BC list. All 100 of them. lol <sigh>

I noticed I have two Banjo-Kazooie's thanks to my old xbla version and the Rare Replay one. How does that happen? I guess it should be safe to delete one.

Yeah it's to do with Rare Replay, you can delete one but I'm not sure how to work out which one.
You need the correct one so you can boot it from inside Rare Replay.

arhra

The Rare Replay games have some extra hooks in order to enable the unified menu functionality (ie, starting them up from Rare Replay, and going back to that when you quit out), whereas the regular back-compat versions are just the plain 360 versions as they came on the original system.

gossi

My Shadow Complex patch gets to 100%, and then says installation stopped.

Any way to fix this?

Two options - uninstall and reinstall (it reinstalls instantly, it doesn't download again for whatever reason) or restart your console (Settings -> Power -> Reboot).

drotahorror

Thanks to the both of ya.

Is a restart from the power menu a full shutdown? Meaning if a game is running it won't boot back up and have that game ready like instant-on right?

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Thanks to the both of ya.

Is a restart from the power menu a full shutdown? Meaning if a game is running it won't boot back up and have that game ready like instant-on right?

Yes, it's a full restart (with the green Xbox boot screen), even if the console is set to Instant On.

The two Ghost Recon games' sub titles are Advanced Warfighter, not Advanced Warfare, that is another game lol.

I just got them downloaded to my Xbox 360 and boy those are still so great after all these years.

The two Ghost Recon games' sub titles are Advanced Warfighter, not Advanced Warfare, that is another game lol.

I just got them downloaded to my Xbox 360 and boy those are still so great after all these years.
Oh wow haha, took someone this long to notice I had a brain fart :p. Updated

CNQ01uDWEAEALpF.png:large

Crysis 3 go to BC. :)

muzzymate

Crysis 3 go to BC. :)

Sadly, not quite (or not guaranteed):

https://twitter.com/xboxqwik/status/636237194269618176 & https://twitter.com/xboxqwik/status/636237518124355584
@XboxQwik said:
Lot of questions about Games with Gold and Xbox One Backward Compatibility. To reiterate what I announced at Gamescom. Starting with the launch of Backward Compatibility, in November, GwG games going forward will be backward compatible on Xbox One.

And: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
Xbox.com said:
When backward compatibility launches in November, all future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be playable on Xbox One.

Anyone else got the problem where Shadow Complex failed to install at 100% but it won't uninstall? Mines stuck in my games and apps now, listed as failed but won't uninstall so there is no way for me to try and install again :/

jond76

Banned
Anyone else got the problem where Shadow Complex failed to install at 100% but it won't uninstall? Mines stuck in my games and apps now, listed as failed but won't uninstall so there is no way for me to try and install again :/

I have that problem too. A reboot of the Xbox did nothing.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

Does it show up in "Ready to install" too ?
If it does, install it, you should have two Shadow Complex (with maybo both failing), and now uninstall both or the one that can uninstall, then reinstall it.

I don't remember how I did this, but I tryed to install/uninstall several times both versions until I get only one that worked.

Sadly no. It appears as a blank space in the installed section, with an exclamation mark. If you choose to uninstall it, nothing happens, not even an error message. If you click on it, it asks if you want to try reinstalling it, but then gives an error message. But it isn't there at all i the ready to install section. No idea how it could be fixed as there is no other way of accessing the HDD and removing it.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
No change after a full restart of the console too ?
Try also by accessing its store page if it's available (by pressing the menu button on it).

I deleted the game completely, powercycled my console, unplugged it for 30 seconds, then started it from a fresh state. Went into my game page, downloaded it from scratch, and it fixed the issue.

Added Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds which was confirmed on twitter

edit: Not sure if anyone ever noticed this(?), but right on the Compatibility page on xbox.com you can see Alan Wake, Halo Reach and Halo Wars in the banner. Added them to the list (even though both should have been a non-brainer, it's pretty decent un-official confirmation)

And I mean, they did say the whole 1st party catalogue would come over (minus Kinect and peripheral games) so not really any news but still

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anyway, is N+ just as fucked for everyone else? It stutters bad and being a twitch platformer it is pretty much unplayable as a result on my XBO.

^
Plays bad for me too. Unplayable. I used the Backwards Compatibility quest in the preview app to fill out the survey for N+.

Went back trying out N+ again. I was prompted with an update. It plays now exactly like on the 360. Nice.
Any news on Mass Effect performing better?

Chris1

I think all GWG are/will be backwards compatible though. Or maybe it's only future ones.

Starting in November all 360 GWG's will be guaranteed backwards compatibility because BC it will be a requirement to go GWG. From the start, up till November, It's up to the publishers to make it BC as it wasn't a requirement to go GWG.

They did say previous GWG's were a priority to get working with BC though, so even if it's not officially announced or a requirement I wouldn't be surprised if all of them do go BC.

Syriel

Maybe because VG Station made that list up? It has no basis in reality.

Hexic already works.

Hexic got an update this week.

The Rare Replay games have some extra hooks in order to enable the unified menu functionality (ie, starting them up from Rare Replay, and going back to that when you quit out), whereas the regular back-compat versions are just the plain 360 versions as they came on the original system.

Oddly, when I installed Kameo (via disc authentication) before I got Rare Replay, it installed the Rare Replay version (which includes all DLC) and not just the bare disc version.

Kameo also got an update this week.

Top Bottom