• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Estocolmo

Really? That's a great news, didn't know that.

What was the reason for its delisting though?

I think it was delisted because Midway released a game collection with Gauntlet included.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n10712/warner-bros-announces-midway-arcade-origins.htm

I dont own that game collection I only own the digital version of Gauntlet, and that particular game was delisted from the Marketplace yet its available as BC on the Xbox One.

I still think the chances of delisted games appearing again on BC is low, but hopefully we will see more exceptions being BC just like Gauntlet.

EvB

Why Hello

https://twitter.com/EvilBoris/status/694445113242685440
CaMqJm5WcAAaF-R.jpg:large

EvB

In other news, I've also now seen all of the COD games, as far back as COD2. Also, Monster Hunter Frontier G9 and I've seen the first L4D game too

Bizzquik

In other news, I've also now seen all of the COD games, as far back as COD2

EvB - your opinion:
Is the long wait between rumored BC games to their actual BC release more an issue of tech problems? (getting the emulation right)
Or are publishers waiting around to release the games on their own schedule?

EvB - your opinion:
Is the long wait between rumored BC games to their actual BC release more an issue of tech problems? (getting the emulation right)

it's likely both. There are tech hurdles to get over still and publishers are likely holding back until 360 games can be sold on the xbox one store.

shanafan

In other news, I've also now seen all of the COD games, as far back as COD2. Also, Monster Hunter Frontier G9 and I've seen the first L4D game too

Make this happen. I really want to play MW3 soon!

I would consider PS Now if they added a COD collection, but I doubt that will happen.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Nice. I reckon they'll release the CODs periodically instead all at once.

EvB - your opinion:

A lot of publishers will wait until a sequel or similar game is released and use BC as a pre-order incentive.

LUXURY

I've heard they patched the method to get Left 4 Dead 2 from someone on Xbox Live (their gamertag.) When does this become available to the public? This is really the only title I've cared about since this project launched. If anyone has played it, what is it like in terms of connection? Does it still crash uncontrollably (Valve screen) or has that been addressed?

Hawk269

Really hoping that Halo Wars is a March GwG title, or at least gets a nice sale. I never ended up playing it on 360.

That or they will make it a free giveaway with the pre-order of Halo Wars 2. It is a fantastic game, one of the best on console for the genre. It is one of the games I have been wanting on BC the most and looks like it may be happening soon. Hopefully it is not too far off, I think many that missed it on the 360 will enjoy it.

Chris1

2 weeks tomorrow since they said they would release when ready and we've gotten 0 games added.

I've got a bad feeling we're gonna end up with like 2 games a month now.. If we somehow get ~10-20 games in the next 2 weeks then I don't really see the point in changing it since it's still basically still monthly anyway..

Drastic

Have you bought the game when on the Xbox 360 when it wasn't delisted? Its visible on my install list and I bought Gauntlet before it was removed.

Yes, I double checked my memory and have some achievements on it.

One issue is I'm not on my "home" set console. Is there a way to find it from non-home console?

After playing it more and with an arcade stick, there is definitely noticeable lag :(

i wonder if they can ever really eliminate the input lag issues with BC. they've made strides in improving it, but even still it's noticeable.

the input lag pretty much breaks GeoWars, they might as well not bother releasing it if they can't eliminate it. And it definitely made Super Meat Boy more challenging when i finished it recently, and that's a game that doesn't need help in regards to challenge lol

Top Bottom