• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

cuilan

The new BC SteinsGate games are only in Japanese language right? So Japanese voice and Japanese text?

That is correct, though perhaps this might encourage 5pb to release a digital 360 version of the first game outside of the Japanese marketplace. They already have the English script, so they may as well get a little more use out of it.

Black Ops 2 is the last reasonable CoD that came out. Ghosts was garbage. Afterwards, it became a cartoon, microtransaction-filled, DLC shooter.

morbius83

Neo Member
Phantom Dust is a UWP game, but it's really an app! You can launch both Phantom Dust an another game on Xbox One...you can play PD meanwhile Prey is loading a new level :p

But i readed this article and maybe UWP-games-apps it's somehow close to the original Xbox backwards compatibility. Phantom Dust is the first of them.... what do you think?

Source: http://generacionxbox.com/phantom-dust-retrocompatibilidad-xbox/ (spanish site, use google for english version)

There were a bunch of games I wanted from the BC sale but my credit card company is super weird, any time I try to buy anything xbox related it flags the sale. So my wife came up with the idea to go to walmart and use our walmart credit to buy xbox live points cards. That wound up being a disaster because they were not going to let me but eventually a manager got involved and put the sale through. So I add $100 in Xbox credit to my account and I try to buy some 360 games on my Xbox One. No dice it says I need to choose another payment method. Okay I figure I will just do it on xbox.com, nope again. Lucky for me I had an old 360 in the garage that I could hook up. It sucked that the sale wasnt showing up on 360 though so I had to scroll through 100's of games, and keep switching back and forth between arcade and retail to find everything. Man what a nightmare, but I got a ton of games so in the end it worked out.

Chris1

There were a bunch of games I wanted from the BC sale but my credit card company is super weird, any time I try to buy anything xbox related it flags the sale. So my wife came up with the idea to go to walmart and use our walmart credit to buy xbox live points cards. That wound up being a disaster because they were not going to let me but eventually a manager got involved and put the sale through. So I add $100 in Xbox credit to my account and I try to buy some 360 games on my Xbox One. No dice it says I need to choose another payment method. Okay I figure I will just do it on xbox.com, nope again. Lucky for me I had an old 360 in the garage that I could hook up. It sucked that the sale wasnt showing up on 360 though so I had to scroll through 100's of games, and keep switching back and forth between arcade and retail to find everything. Man what a nightmare, but I got a ton of games so in the end it worked out.
I know it'd be hard to make it so 360 games can be bought with currency with no real return but they really should work on that, the hoops you have to jump through just to buy a few games is kinda pathetic. While they're at it they can work on letting you buy XBL Gold, Game Pass and EA Access with your balance too.

People shit on the XB1 store and while it's not great I think they have rose tinted glasses on from the 360. Your experience sounds similar to mine whenever I try to buy games with credit, to the point where I just use Paypal nowadays to save the hassle.

There were a bunch of games I wanted from the BC sale but my credit card company is super weird, any time I try to buy anything xbox related it flags the sale.

Have you tried setting up your CC on a Paypal account and purchasing through that? That's what I do and I've never had any issues buying 360 games on X1.

spons

Gold Member
To anyone with credit card and/or PayPal woes, my advice is to get a prepaid credit card and put some money on it manually. No credit checks, no signups or whatever since it's all prepaid. Best of all my prepaid Visa works absolutely fine on Xbox.

DOWN

Banned
So to use my account credit, which has $11 Xbox Gift Card on it, on a 360 game, I literally need to go set up my 360, buy the game, then put it all back away to play it on Bone? There's no way on the web store or Xbox One to use my account credits instead of PayPal/credit card on the BC titles it seems

ron_bato

Hey guys, I hope you can help me out with an inquiry. I'm planning on buying a scorpio when it eventually releases, and was wondering if I'll be able to purchase Xbox 360 BC games even if I'm from a non-supported region.

There's no Xbox store in my country since we're not supported, but I do have a US account from my Xbox 360. Will I be able to download and purchase games from the US store and download it to the scorpio even though there are region restrictions?

Or am I screwed and basically have to rely on some sort of VPN to get this to work?

Thanks!

bananas

Banned
Hey guys, I hope you can help me out with an inquiry. I'm planning on buying a scorpio when it eventually releases, and was wondering if I'll be able to purchase Xbox 360 BC games even if I'm from a non-supported region.

There's no Xbox store in my country since we're not supported, but I do have a US account from my Xbox 360. Will I be able to download and purchase games from the US store and download it to the scorpio even though there are region restrictions?

Or am I screwed and basically have to rely on some sort of VPN to get this to work?

Thanks!

Pretty sure you can just use your US account and it should work.

Black Ops 2 is the last reasonable CoD that came out. Ghosts was garbage. Afterwards, it became a cartoon, microtransaction-filled, DLC shooter.

Black ops 2 had a load of cosmetic micro transactions and DLC has been a thing since Modern Warfare.

However, yes, Ghosts MP was garbage.

Susurrus

Thanks!

As long as you have an account set up, you can change your locale to whatever country you want on the same account. I abandoned my Japanese and German accounts from my 360 because on Xbox One I could access any country I wanted to, just requires a country change in the options and a reboot.

Can anyone tell me if you require Xbox Gold to access cloud saves for Xbox 360 games played via BC on Xbox One?

Bought some 360 games during the sale that I originally had on disc, have already transferred my saves from 360 local storage to cloud, and wondering if I can access those saves on Xbox One without Gold?

gamz

Can anyone tell me if you require Xbox Gold to access cloud saves for Xbox 360 games played via BC on Xbox One?

Bought some 360 games during the sale that I originally had on disc, have already transferred my saves from 360 local storage to cloud, and wondering if I can access those saves on Xbox One without Gold?

I think you can, but you can't play MP obviously.

I mean have you tried it, or are you on gold now?

I think you can, but you can't play MP obviously.

I mean have you tried it, or are you on gold now?

I don't have Gold at the moment. Was worried I might overwrite my cloud save with a newly created save.

Only game I tried was Bad Company 2 as a test and couldn't see any campaign progress. I don't care about single player progress in that game since i already finished it, but didn't want to risk it with other games.

gamz

I don't have Gold at the moment. Was worried I might overwrite my cloud save with a newly created save.

Only game I tried was Bad Company 2 as a test and couldn't see any campaign progress. I don't care about single player progress in that game since i already finished it, but didn't want to risk it with other games.

quick search on the MS site:

Do I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to use cloud storage?

No. Anyone who is signed up for the Xbox Live service can store their saved games in the cloud.

JoeLT

quick search on the MS site:

Do I need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to use cloud storage?

No. Anyone who is signed up for the Xbox Live service can store their saved games in the cloud.
Pretty sure that's just for Xbox One, not 360.

Ptaaty

Funny reading the thread title...in our family the backwards compatibility (including rare replay) is used way more than new games.

After buying an XBONE, I am not surprised that Nintendo continues to do well. Outside of lego there isn't much of anything on xbox one.

EmiPrime

Final haul from the sale:

GAROU MOW
Shotest Shogi
Comic Jumper
Geometry Wars Evolved
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes™
Metal Slug 3
GripShift
Assassin's Creed
Shadows of the Damned
Lode Runner™
RAGE
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
KOF98UM
Bomberman Battlefest
KOF2002UM
Castlevania: SOTN
R-Type Dimensions™
Geometry Wars Evolved²
NIN2-JUMP
Guwange
HALF-MINUTE HERO -Super Mega Neo Climax-
Ms. Splosion Man™
E4
Space Giraffe
Strania
The Maw
Triggerheart Exelica

Total spend of £55.

jayvo

Funny reading the thread title...in our family the backwards compatibility (including rare replay) is used way more than new games.

After buying an XBONE, I am not surprised that Nintendo continues to do well. Outside of lego there isn't much of anything on xbox one.

Don't understand this at all. Outside of "lego", as in Lego games? You're aware that lego games are on all platforms right?

On topic; Kind of thinking about picking up GTA 4 during this sale here before it ends. Never finished this when it released.

Chris1

I'm pretty sure you can use cloud saves on XB1 even for 360 games without Gold. If it required gold we would have heard more people kicking up fuss by now
Don't understand this at all. Outside of "lego", as in Lego games? You're aware that lego games are on all platforms right?

On topic; Kind of thinking about picking up GTA 4 during this sale here before it ends. Never finished this when it released.

I think he means kids/family games.

Yooka Laylee is another one tho. But honestly he's not wrong, outside of Lego there really isn't much for kids on next gen consoles. Most games these days target teenagers/adults it seems.

jaybe00

Neo Member
Thought this would be the best forum to ask this.

I had an Xbox one is nov/dec 2016 and got a fair number of Xbox 360 games such as the older Gears games and red dead redemption and a few others while I had a Live sub. I sold it though since Gears 4 and forza horizon worked well on PC. I am thinking of buying a 360 though for $40/$50 and playing the games that I already have on the account. Would the games simply be available to download for me on the 360? Thanks.

Chris1

I had an Xbox one is nov/dec 2016 and got a fair number of Xbox 360 games such as the older Gears games and red dead redemption and a few others while I had a Live sub. I sold it though since Gears 4 and forza horizon worked well on PC. I am thinking of buying a 360 though for $40/$50 and playing the games that I already have on the account. Would the games simply be available to download for me on the 360? Thanks.
Yep

Chitown B

I'm pretty sure you can use cloud saves on XB1 even for 360 games without Gold. If it required gold we would have heard more people kicking up fuss by now

Yeah I think they changed it awhile ago, so cloud saves are for everyone but you get more space with Gold.

bede-x

Cloudsaves on a 360 are not supported without gold
Cloudsaves on a 360 game with backward compatibility running on Xbox One supports only cloudsaves not internal HDD

Doesn't it still save internally in the last example just without telling you? I think it does (go to manage storage while in a 360 game by bringing up the 360 guide and selecting it).

im_dany

Same account? Everything's in your download history, but if you want to keep playing offline you'd need to restore the licenses before completing the downloads, or redownload them later (which takes a few seconds if you already have the games installed on your 360, because it basically just updates the owner's licenses).

If you sold the console keeping that as the home so the new owner could play them, then a 360 license transfer wouldn't touch the X1 ones.

Is there a reason why Injustice isn't BC yet?

Getting a craving to play Injustice 2, but would rather not pay $60 for it because I'm not a huge fighting game guy. Injustice would've scratched that itch so nicely.

Top Bottom