Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

There are many xbox fanboys here unfortunately. When I have also posted my honest opinion in regards to Xbox X and BC (basically saying it's a mixed bag) I have seen the same funny responses from the same guys LOL. "You dont know what you are talking about" (alhough I have provided evidence), "you dont have Xbox X" (although I have provided many screenshots from Xbox X games).

I also think BC is very great feature but some xbox fanboys are really extreme and you basically cant say ANYTHING bad in regards to xbox.
Tbh, all fanboys tend to be extreme. They're always ready to jump to the defense of their passions, whether that's xbox, Ps4, sports teams, etc. It can be annoying. That said, it's also pretty low class to go into threads where people are discussing the things they like and then shitpost an "honest opinion" about it where honesty is actually negativity. If a lot of people are talking about how much they like something in a thread dedicated to that topic and someone comes in and tries to derail the discussion with complaining about the topic it's a dick move.
 
Most people aren't reading manuals, but is there an easy way to see in game manuals (from your XBOX One) for BC games that I am missing? A web based xbox.com search for Tomb Raider Underworld gives search results for the "old" store and the new. Luckily I can view the game manual on the old store, but is it missing from the One store? To illustrate what I mean:



 
Last edited:
So I was playing Kane & Lynch 2 on my Xbox One (via BC) and decided to look at my Xbox 360 saves on said console. I noticed that even though I had all my cloud saves from my 360 synced to the cloud and able to be loaded on my One, nothing was syncing back, everything is saying "pending upload" but is stuff that I haven't played for a year (shortly after I got my One) up to recently. I'm pretty sure my Xbox One saves are syncing (or at least I hope they are...anyone know how to check?...do saves erase when you delete the game?), but not the 360. I will also say that I have trouble signing in on the 360 from time to time, but it usually eventually works. I do have gold and have tried pressing the button for syncing, but no luck. Anyone know how to fix it? A quick google search does nothing.
 
Tbh, all fanboys tend to be extreme. They're always ready to jump to the defense of their passions, whether that's xbox, Ps4, sports teams, etc. It can be annoying. That said, it's also pretty low class to go into threads where people are discussing the things they like and then shitpost an "honest opinion" about it where honesty is actually negativity. If a lot of people are talking about how much they like something in a thread dedicated to that topic and someone comes in and tries to derail the discussion with complaining about the topic it's a dick move.
There are poleople like that. Yes some people (internet trolls) dont even have the real hardware and will post complains just for hating reasons, meaning without taking into account the whole picture, but these are extreme scenarios and I think here on neogaf someone like that would quickly earn a ban.

Yes, people are discussing the things they like, but fanboys opinions are biased and arnt detailed enough and that's also "a dick move" because based on that other people later on buy real games and hardware just to find out problems no one have mentioned. Also companies like microsoft can improve their producs when enough people will talk about problems and issues, and the thing is, when no people talks about problems they will do nothing about it.

Personally I had all xbox consoles and I like what guys from MS have done, so I'm not xbox hater, just the opossite. When I bought xbox X I was very enthusiastic to see my favorite BC games in a new light and stuff like that, but unfortunately not everything worked so well as I hoped and I have posted my detailed impression. I have talked about problems as well, because I really hoped MS can fix all of that (I wasnt hating for hate reasons if you know what I mean), yet I was still attacked. It's sad to see the same guys now attacking other xbox owner in the same way "you dont have xbox", "you dont know what you are talking about", basically doing everything to ridicule someone else opinion even when it comes from real xbox owner :).

MS made a fantastic decision with BC feature, it's nearly perfectly implemented so I hope they will continue improving it even more. Personally I like to play old games because very rarely new games interest me, and there are still many old classics that I would like to see on xbox X. For example
Splinter cell 1-4 (OG xbox double agent, not 360 version)
Ralli Sport challenge 1-2
Burnout 2-4
Bruteforce
Forza 1
Enclave
Riddick
Yager
Colin Mc 3-5
RTCW (xbox version is unique)
GTA 3 and VC (the same as RTCW)

Gears of war 1 4K enchanced
Alan Wake 4K enchanced
Fable 2 4K enchanced
Forza 2-4 4K enchanced
GTA 4 4K enchanced
GTA 5 xbox one version 4K patch
Forza horizon 2 4K patch

And many more... so I hope MS will continue their great work.
 
Last edited:
MGS HD, Nier, Binary Domain, Lollipop Chainsaw, Ninja Gaiden II, the OG Splinter Cell series, etc.

Now they have only one day of the week for BC games. This is it for this week. Let's hope next week, gamescom, they have some OG Xbox games.
 
Nice! I just ordered my copy of Anniversary then (I already have Legend).

I was actually in the mood to do a play through of Tomb Raider 1 on the PS1 earlier this week so this is a great addition to the BC library for me. I absolutely loved the slower pace of the originals and the sense of exploration that they inspire.

The soundtrack is really fantastic in Anniversary too:

 

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone know what percent of the 360's library is now BC?
With today's releases there are now 535 games that are backwards compatible, but 32 of them are for the original Xbox.

Wikipedia says there were 2100 games released on the Xbox 360, but that includes all regions as well as games released as part of their indie series etc.

So I guess it's 503/2100 or about 24%. The other 76% has a really big mix of super obscure stuff mixed with JP only releases and things that also released or re-released on the Xbox One.
 
With today's releases there are now 535 games that are backwards compatible, but 32 of them are for the original Xbox.

Wikipedia says there were 2100 games released on the Xbox 360, but that includes all regions as well as games released as part of their indie series etc.

So I guess it's 503/2100 or about 24%. The other 76% has a really big mix of super obscure stuff mixed with JP only releases and things that also released or re-released on the Xbox One.
Too add to that there are also countless yearly sports titles which have no chance of making it either.
 
Anniversary is easily the best Tomb Raider game of the entire series. If youve played and remember the original, its got so many nostalgic nods from the puzzles, to the textures, and music cues. Ive only played it on PS2 and 3. I remember the framerate being pretty shit on PS3. I'll have to get a digital XB1 copy to see how it compares.
 
Anniversary is easily the best Tomb Raider game of the entire series. If youve played and remember the original, its got so many nostalgic nods from the puzzles, to the textures, and music cues. Ive only played it on PS2 and 3. I remember the framerate being pretty shit on PS3. I'll have to get a digital XB1 copy to see how it compares.
The digital version is on sale at the moment for $2.00 (US):

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Tomb-Raider-Anniv/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802534307ea

Watching the first level being played in the video linked above brought back great memories of when I originally played the PS1 version back in the 90s. It's been years since I last played it but I could still recall the level layout as it was being played. The dev team seem to have done a great job with the remake. I can't wait for my copy to rock up in the post!
 
Last edited:
With today's releases there are now 535 games that are backwards compatible, but 32 of them are for the original Xbox.

Wikipedia says there were 2100 games released on the Xbox 360, but that includes all regions as well as games released as part of their indie series etc.

So I guess it's 503/2100 or about 24%. The other 76% has a really big mix of super obscure stuff mixed with JP only releases and things that also released or re-released on the Xbox One.
Thanks man, thought it'd be higher however having over 500 BC games that play better on xb1 is awesome!
 

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks man, thought it'd be higher however having over 500 BC games that play better on xb1 is awesome!
More than anything it just speaks to how incredibly large the Xbox 360's library was! There were around 1,100 retail releases in North America, which is bananas. Add on the digital-only games, indies (I Made A Game With Zombies In It, anyone?), multiple annual sports franchises, etc and you end up with a library that's roughly three times the size of something like the NES.

All that is to say that comparatively speaking, there aren't that many unique experiences that the 360 had to offer that either aren't already backwards compatible or have been remastered for the One.

Now where's my BC Final Fantasy XIII trilogy?