• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

NeilH1982

Banned
Does this mean I can buy US BC games from Europe ? This was not possible on the 360 store but was possible on the xbox one store for xbox one games.

Should we do OT3 or wait for more info ?

Good question; personally, I'd wait for more info mate.

I'm more than happy to contribute or create a new thread as this seems to be the only Xbox-positive thread on NeoGAF. Personally, I'm platform agnostic (I own everything) and the Playstation moderated centralism of this forum dissuades me from generally posting here. But the back compat thread is a cool place to hangout and read for game lovers with no plastic allegiance :messenger_beermugs:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not for me. :(
Make sure you stay in the regions I linked. You'll have to go through the checkout process on those pages, they should be 100% off. Might be a Gold-only thing? Also, might be fixed by now!

Gideon_128

Someone on Reddit mentioned, that if you buy the games now on the Xbox O

Additionaly, what does this mean to the 360 itself? Will they shutdown XBL?
I really hope this isn't the case.
Make sure you stay in the regions I linked. You'll have to go through the checkout process on those pages, they should be 100% off. Might be a Gold-only thing? Also, might be fixed by now!
Still working.

Last edited:

Allandor

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I really hope this isn't the case.
Still working.

It really is looking like they are going to pull the plug on the entire 360 store. I wonder if they will still provide access to previous purchases on the 360, I'd think they would have to?

I wonder how many of those units are still functional.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We’ve also made it easier than ever to shop across four generations of great Xbox content by enabling customers to view pricing while browsing for new Xbox One games and backward compatible Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles, as well as add these games to your Wish List or shopping cart.

Yep that explains why these started popping up on the store proper.

Pantz

Gold Member
Don't recall these two games being on sale in recent times, could be wrong. (On US store)

$0.99
$4.99

ManaByte

Don't recall these two games being on sale in recent times, could be wrong. (On US store)

$0.99
$4.99

The Durandal listing is messed up. Showing End War screens I think.

nush

Gold Member
$4.99

be careful with this one if motion sickness is an issue,

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
be careful with this one if motion sickness is an issue,

This was the only game i played in my life that give me motion sickness playing the demo.

Pantz

Gold Member
On Xbox I've been going to Store>Browse games>Add ons>Top Free Add-ons (show all)
and claiming the rights to all the free dlc from 360 games that have been popping up. Most are probably free normally, just been grabbing them in case any of them are an error or relisted. There were a couple that had a price on them with 100% discount.
Just select "Get" and then hit the X before it finishes downloading so you don't have to clean it up later.

zcaa0g

Banned
Got refunded for Dirt 3, Motocross Madness and Pure. Oh well, already had 2 of the 3 on PC and that version of MM was never on PC and not missing much.

jshackles

Got an email saying they refunded the purchase for Silent Hill: Downpour. Digital rights revoked and all.
You?
Sadly, yeah

jshackles

Well, it's been a few weeks since they refunded / removed Silent Hill Downpour from my account, but this popped up today

laCOldv.png

So that's kinda cool, I guess.

Esppiral

Is anyone else getting updates to their Xbox and Xbox 360 games?

I thought the program was on hold until next gen releases.

Banned
Is anyone else getting updates to their Xbox and Xbox 360 games?

I thought the program was on hold until next gen releases.

no, it seems they're slowly starting it up again, they even take suggestions again I think.

most of these updates are performance optimisations usually.
the emulator gets better and better and over time basically all games get updated one after the other.

I remember one day like 1 to 2 years ago or so, where I literally had 40 back compat patches at once. (I have 2 2TB external drives hooked up, so plenty of stuff is always installed)

lucius

So downloaded the Gold free Xbox game Armed and Dangerous but it’s not showing up that I own it like other past BC games, it is showing a Gold symbol on it and giving me option to buy for $10 to own it. Did they change the 360 and Xbox originals policy where u only now can play them only if you have Gold or Ultimate ?

Banned
So downloaded the Gold free Xbox game Armed and Dangerous but it’s not showing up that I own it like other past BC games, it is showing a Gold symbol on it and giving me option to buy for $10 to own it. Did they change the 360 and Xbox originals policy where u only now can play them only if you have Gold or Ultimate ?

this might be a side effect of them natively integrating back compat games into the current Microsoft store. before they had a weird system where the Microsoft store talked to the 360 store or some shit.

Esppiral

Is MS patching Original Xbox games to display in wide-screen? last time I tried Indiana Jones and the emperor's tomb on my OG Xbox it didn't support wide-screen but it does run in wide-screen on Xbox Series X.

Xbox Series X screenshot
5455f773-90fa-4160-a571-e4a7e48c1d02_Thumbnail.PNG

OG Xbox game running under emulation on PC with the eeprom set to widescreen, see how the game stil displays in 4:·3 (same on original hardware)

unknown.png

That's the reason I created a widescreen hack for the game a while back since I wanted to play it in Widescreen on my original xbox.

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (PAL/EUR) TitleID=4c410007

Code:
FIND D8 0D 34 1E 52 00 75 0B

REPLACE D8 0D E0 CD 50 00 75 0B

FIND 00 00 F0 3F 46 3A 5C 53

REPLACE 8F C2 F5 3F 46 3A 5C 53

This is the result on original hardware after aplying my patch.

QQlQ6gw.png

So basically it looks the same on Xbox Series X, so I assume they created a patch for the game.

The question is. has anyone elese noticed more games with widescreen support added that didn't support it originally?

Last edited:

Allandor

Is MS patching Original Xbox games to display in wide-screen? last time I tried Indiana Jones and the emperor's tomb on my OG Xbox it didn't support wide-screen but it does run in wide-screen on Xbox Series X.

Xbox Series X screenshot

OG Xbox game running under emulation on PC with the eeprom set to widescreen, see how the game stil displays in 4:·3 (same on original hardware)

unknown.png

That's the reason I created a widescreen hack for the game a while back since I wanted to play it in Widescreen on my original xbox.

Code:

QQlQ6gw.png

So basically it looks the same on Xbox Series X, so I assume they created a patch for the game.

The question is. has anyone elese noticed more games with widescreen support added that didn't support it originally?
It is a quake3 engine game. So widescreen support shouldn't be such an issue if you have the original "decompressed" file for the game. Should be not much more than an entry in a cfg file.
And yes, they once talked about stuff like that, as supporting 16:9 for games that can support it.

I retried the game a week ago and it is still a nice looking game (for it's age). But the controls didn't age that well.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Xbox Series X screenshot

unknown.png

Code:

QQlQ6gw.png

There is a new OT

Top Bottom