• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

hOu7Yig.jpg

Raiden IV we never got in Europe. Thanks for twisting the knife.
BC is region free (for discs). You can grab a disc and play it if you want. It's hard to find for a reasonable price though

nope

360 games are still region bound like they were last gen. still want SotN to this day but i can't. and i can only buy two DLCs for New Vegas (and one is in spanish)
Digital sure, but disc is fine! Raiden IV has a disc version

EvB

nope

360 games are still region bound like they were last gen. still want SotN to this day but i can't. and i can only buy two DLCs for New Vegas (and one is in spanish)

Easiest thing to do nowadays is to migrate your 360 Live account to a region that has the things you want (you can do this once every 3 months)
https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

then you can purchase from that region's store without it having any affect on your Xbox one profile.

Wow, Gyruss! I've got that on NES, but have never been able to beat it. Kinda makes me want to pick it up, I didn't even know there was an XBLA port.

Easiest thing to do nowadays is to migrate your 360 Live account to a region that has the things you want (you can do this once every 3 months)

then you can purchase from that region's store without it having any affect on your Xbox one profile.

I tried this once on the recommendation from the Xbox support team. It did not go well and I think the location of your payment method still has issues. This was for 360 and buying 360 games still has to access the 360 store even on the Xbox One.

Synth

I just created a new account for that region, and just set my console to be its home Xbox. Then I just play with my normal gamertag.

I tried this once on the recommendation from the Xbox support team. It did not go well and I think the location of your payment method still has issues. This was for 360 and buying 360 games still has to access the 360 store even on the Xbox One.

In regards to purchases, I just pick up XBL points cards for whatever region the account needs.

amdb00mer

Yeah! New games. I think I bought Red Faction: Armageddon in a publisher sale a few months back for like $3.49 or $4.99. If not, I'll be getting it soon enough with GwG.

Keinning

if i keep juggling accounts and feeding other stores with money, microsoft will never bother fixing the one i use daily

i'd rather endure and pressure them to do something decent with my local store instead but thanks for helping anyway

Thores

Here's my list of 360 games that aren't backwards compatible.

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Battle Fantasia
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Brütal Legend
Darkstalkers Resurrection
Dead Rising
Doritos: Dash of Destruction
Enchanted Arms
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIII
Gotham City Impostors
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Legend of Korra
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Mortal Kombat vs D.C. Universe
Nier
Resonance of Fate
Samurai Shodown Sen
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Soulcalibur IV
Soulcalibur V
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Time Force
Tales of Vesperia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Worms

The bold ones on the list are the ones I would play if they had BC, but instead am leaving alone because my 360 sounds like it's having a heart attack whenever I play a game on it. This list also excludes Xbox Indies I have like Protect Me Knight and Cthulhu Saves the World, since they'll never be compatible anyway, which is a shame.

A good half of the other games I own are backwards compatible though. That's nothing to sneeze at.

EDIT: oh, turns out I was looking at the first page, where everyone was talking about their collections, and now I'm talking over actual recent news. My bad.

Justinh

I don't know about you guys, but Raiden IV makes me pretty happy. We need Raiden Fighters Aces now.

edit: I just noticed that Raiden V is on sale for 75% off for the next 5-6 days. Thought I'd say something since it's not a "deal of the week" but it looks like part of their "anime month is back" salw

kevin1025

Banned
:O

I'm grabbing the Xbox One X in November, and finally looked at the updated list.

Never realized Civ Rev made it.

Best news.

I don't know about you guys, but Raiden IV makes me pretty happy. We need Raiden Fighters Aces now.

I was looking in my old 360 games trying to find stuff I forgot I had that may have been BC, then I forgot I had RFA! and I'm wanting it BC because I want to play it again.

And I'm still waiting for my Cave games to be BC.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Apparently I own Street Fighter 4 Arcade edition digitally. I had no idea. Was a nice surprise when I checked the ready to install list.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
It was a games with gold back in June 2014. You must have done what I did and "claim" it then forget you had it :p

That makes perfect sense.

Anyway, After I saw it, I played a few matches with my 5 year old son. He took to it with an enthusiasm that kind of frightened me.

Justinh

I was looking in my old 360 games trying to find stuff I forgot I had that may have been BC, then I forgot I had RFA! and I'm wanting it BC because I want to play it again.

And I'm still waiting for my Cave games to be BC.

Man all the shooters on 360 would be really nice, especially the ones that weren't region-free so I could get those too.

EvB

if i keep juggling accounts and feeding other stores with money, microsoft will never bother fixing the one i use daily

i'd rather endure and pressure them to do something decent with my local store instead but thanks for helping anyway

they aren't going to fix the old Xbox Live

They are running 2 versions of Live side by side, all the improvements will happen with the new one.

All I want is Phantom Dust. It's one of the few games I purchased last gen and never beat. I would love to play it now and beat it.

I'm an idiot meant: Dust: An Elysian Tail

Top Bottom