• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Susurrus

I know this is obscure but I used to love playing marble blast ultra, it was one of the first Xbox Live Arcade Games that I played. I am not sure if it would be possible for this to be backwards compatible anymore, I heard it was delisted.

I'd be totally down for that.

PooBone

I've had Spec Ops sitting on my 360's HDD for years. I gotta get round to it some day.
That's a really cool game with a really cool story that hasn't aged particularly well. I went back to it recently on PS3 and the gunplay just isn't great. Worth a playthrough though because it's short and so different than any other military shooter.

TheWatcher

Banned
I never understood the gunplay complaints re. Spec Ops. I thought it was more than a competent third person shooter, no different than the mechanics I have experienced in something like Gears of War for example. I found the head shots to be particularly satisfying, and the executions to be absolutely brutal. I think with Spec Ops, the narrative truly overshadows the game play.

TheWatcher

Banned
Really hoping that this year we get the following games:

* Conan
* Ninja Gaiden 2
* Vanquish
* Binary Domain
* UFC 3 (not going to happen, but I thought this game was awesome with the included Pride Mode and fighters)
* Fight Night Champion
* Max Payne Trilogy
* Modern Warfare 2 and 3

rmatheso

Just wrapped Spec Ops. Pretty grim storytelling and I felt the plot was purposefully confusing with who was in charge, was there a mutiny? What is your involvement etc... Certainly an anti-war/violence type game. Disturbing too.

Breakage

That's a really cool game with a really cool story that hasn't aged particularly well. I went back to it recently on PS3 and the gunplay just isn't great. Worth a playthrough though because it's short and so different than any other military shooter.

Yeah, I agree. I've played the first 20 minutes, and the gunplay is unremarkable. But I've so far managed to (mostly) steer clear of reading anything about the story. There's also a book examines the game more closely which I want to pick up someday after I've finished the game.

Leonidas

You gotta love it when BC combines with GWG to bring new life into last gen games. It's very easy to find matches in Split/Second at the moment now that it's on GWG.

Had a lot of fun online with it recently despite the balancing issues the game suffers from...

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
I'd love to see the other two Prince of Persia games hit the backwards compatibility list. I bet the forced anisotropic filtering would do wonders to boost the image quality.

thatJohann

I wasn't prepared to see how rough Spec Ops would look on Xbox One X. It has so much jaggies and looks so rough, and the colors look so blown out. It was hard to play.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my Xbox One S to an Xbox One X. The reason: X enhanced Fallout 3. Sad, I know. Doubly so since I have Fallout 3 on Steam and a high end computer.

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my Xbox One S to an Xbox One X. The reason: X enhanced Fallout 3. Sad, I know. Doubly so since I have Fallout 3 on Steam and a high end computer.

I play the X-enhanced Oblivion on the One instead of the PC version because the controller support is better on the Xbox. You can use the Steam controller or Xbox pad on the PC version using the Steam overlay tools but it's still jankier than true pad support.

I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago (and I also have it on Steam and a decent gaming rig) :D. Fallout 3 is in my top 3 games from last gen. I love the enhanced version; it looks brilliant.

Now I just wish that there were some more X enhanced Xbox 360 titles

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
WHile I would argue that is not the best reason to upgrade, it's a damn good one and the improvement in visuals is absolutely godsend and amazing.

Oh and you will love the visual improvements of other games too.

MS just needs to hurry up and release more enhanced 360 games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
WHile I would argue that is not the best reason to upgrade, it's a damn good one and the improvement in visuals is absolutely godsend and amazing.

Oh and you will love the visual improvements of other games too.

MS just needs to hurry up and release more enhanced 360 games.

Well I also already have a PS4 Pro and for the past few years all my multiplatform games have been bought there - the Xbox is that thing I turn on occasionally for Xbox 360 games and sometimes exclusives. Either way, I'm still excited and I might start picking up my multiplats here if they're X Enhanced and look good.

pawel86ck

Banned
BC on xbox X is very interesting feature, but it's far from perfect. I'm enjoying playing games like gears of war 2-3 on real xbox 360 because I can aim correctly without any problems on x360 gamepad, yet on xbox X it's hard to aim at anything, I have no accuracy at all, and I'm playing the same games. It looks to me like all of my xbox 360 BC games running on xbox X have added input lag, and that alone makes aiming much more difficult, but on top of that we also have different controller (I have seen video comparisons on YT and aim acceleration looks a little bit different on xbox one controller thumbsticks compared to standard xbox 360). At this point microsoft should enable xbox 360 gamepad support on xbox X (at least for these BC games) but of course we all know greedy microsoft likes to restric everything, so they will never do that.

For these reasons I'm not planning to play any more BC games on my xbox X, that feature simply doesnt work correctly and it's like playing different games.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
BC on xbox X is very interesting feature, but it's far from perfect. I'm enjoying playing games like gears of war 2-3 on real xbox 360 because I can aim correctly without any problems on x360 gamepad, yet on xbox X it's hard to aim at anything, I have no accuracy at all, and I'm playing the same games. It looks to me like all of my xbox 360 BC games running on xbox X have added input lag, and that alone makes aiming much more difficult, but on top of that we also have different controller (I have seen video comparisons on YT and aim acceleration looks a little bit different on xbox one controller thumbsticks compared to standard xbox 360). At this point microsoft should enable xbox 360 gamepad support on xbox X (at least for these BC games) but of course we all know greedy microsoft likes to restric everything, so they will never do that.

For these reasons I'm not planning to play any more BC games on my xbox X, that feature simply doesnt work correctly and it's like playing different games.
BC is not a feature that really truly means a whole lot to me and if we’re being honesty probably not a whole lot to others. It’s a very nice feature to have no doubt and a feature that definitely sets it apart from the PS4. 360 games simply just do not look good anymore when played on a 4K TV. Now if MS can find a way to make implementing enhancements to be the norm then that’ll be something.

But I’ve felt that BC matters more at the beginning of a new console generation. If MS had it available at the beginning with some enhancements (not 4K but 1080p at least) there it could have affected the scales.

Last edited:

Calibos

-Its a free feature that MS pays for development on. The team is small but passionate, according to Ryan Mcaffery's reporting on it. It's not perfect, but is constantly improving...As for controls and input lag, to me, they are very acceptable for the vast majority. Since the service is free for us, and they know improvements need to happen and are constantly updating the emulator, free of charge, can we really complain at this point?

-MS is greedy. Sure, in a business sort of sense that every company ever made wants to make more money...But this service is free...they are spending money and resources to develop it further all the time...but it remains free to the end user...free. free. free. That isn't greedy, but rather a product of them being behind this gen and needing more mindshare....free.

-You jumped the shark here....see ya later Fonzee.

BC is not a feature that really truly means a whole lot to me and if we’re being honesty probably not a whole lot to others. It’s a very nice feature to have no doubt and a feature that definitely sets it apart from the PS4. 360 games simply just do not look good anymore when played on a 4K TV. Now if MS can find a way to make implementing enhancements to be the norm then that’ll be something.

But I’ve felt that BC matters more at the beginning of a new console generation. If MS had it available at the beginning with some enhancements (not 4K but 1080p at least) there it could have affected the scales.

-BC matters to a whole bunch of people.

-The bigger picture is that this move on Xbox One has set up the BC program for the future...It will continue to grow and improve and from what has been said, MS plans to continue to carry it forward on future consoles. Also, since it's an emulator, nothing is stopping them from allowing PC players to have it too...except greed, like "pawel86ck" said...and licensing I suppose.

pawel86ck

Banned
-Its a free feature that MS pays for development on. The team is small but passionate, according to Ryan Mcaffery's reporting on it. It's not perfect, but is constantly improving...As for controls and input lag, to me, they are very acceptable for the vast majority. Since the service is free for us, and they know improvements need to happen and are constantly updating the emulator, free of charge, can we really complain at this point?

-MS is greedy. Sure, in a business sort of sense that every company ever made wants to make more money...But this service is free...they are spending money and resources to develop it further all the time...but it remains free to the end user...free. free. free. That isn't greedy, but rather a product of them being behind this gen and needing more mindshare....free.

-You jumped the shark here....see ya later Fonzee.

-BC matters to a whole bunch of people.

-The bigger picture is that this move on Xbox One has set up the BC program for the future...It will continue to grow and improve and from what has been said, MS plans to continue to carry it forward on future consoles. Also, since it's an emulator, nothing is stopping them from allowing PC players to have it too...except greed, like "pawel86ck" said...and licensing I suppose.
For me it doesnt matter if BC feature is free or not, it was one of the most promoted features and personaly I bought xbox X mainly because of BC advertisement, but that feature simply doesnt work correctly. And remember you still have to buy these BC games or own them one way or another, it's not like these games are for free (and BTW- I cant buy most xbox classic games on xbox X in my region, that's another big issue that I have).

That isn't greedy
Microsoft restict xbox 360 controllers on xbox one/X, you cant deny that. There's no logical explanation for absurd restriction like that other than greed, and especially when microsoft promote BC feature on xbox X so much (the thing is, xbox 360 games were build with xbox 360 controller in mind, not xbox one controller). Both controllers works the same on windows 10 PC, yet xbox one/X is different.....

And besides gamepad restriction I can see many other strange restricions on that console. I was very suprised when I bought very expensive prepaid card only to find out, I cant buy any games with it on xbox store, just on windows store. But of course I'm exaggerating, microsoft is not greedy, they just care for their wallet and my bank account card number ;). Of course there are also other restictions, for example we cant copy pictures/videos from xbox X directly to pendrive, whe have to spend hourds in order to upload ENTIRE VIDEO FIRST, and only then we can download it.

pawel86ck

Banned

Quick fix for input lag problems on xbox one/X, guys you only need to buy cheap ELITE controller ;). Yes, it's better with xbox elite controller (I have it) because you can customize thumbsticks, but even with elite controller BC games feels different.

Last edited:
Microsoft restict xbox 360 controllers on xbox one/X, you cant deny that. There's no logical explanation for absurd restriction like that other than greed, and especially when microsoft promote BC feature on xbox X so much (the thing is, xbox 360 games were build with xbox 360 controller in mind, not xbox one controller). Both controllers works the same on windows 10 PC, yet xbox one/X is different.....

There isn't many consoles that let you use older controllers on newer hardware.
The wii u and wii are an exception as that seemed to be fighting an uphill battle when it came out.
The issue you have with the MS controllers are the fact they use different wireless protocols so unless they had the wifi chip for them its no go.

You can use anybodies controller on a pc.
Thats why PCS are versatile.

Don't get me wrong, if the bc part isn't quite up to scratch then it would be nice if they fixed it.
But to go on a rage that MS aren't bending to your every whim is a little bit mental.

pawel86ck

Banned
There isn't many consoles that let you use older controllers on newer hardware.
The wii u and wii are an exception as that seemed to be fighting an uphill battle when it came out.
The issue you have with the MS controllers are the fact they use different wireless protocols so unless they had the wifi chip for them its no go.

You can use anybodies controller on a pc.
Thats why PCS are versatile.

Don't get me wrong, if the bc part isn't quite up to scratch then it would be nice if they fixed it.
But to go on a rage that MS aren't bending to your every whim is a little bit mental.
Both gamepads can be connected with USB cable and on top of that both use xinput protocol, microsoft can easily do it. If xbox X would not feature x360 games, I would not care about x360 controller support on xbox one/x, but because microsoft markets xbox O/X as BC console, then it's a problem, because entire experience is different on xbox one gamepad if you want to play xbox360 games. On playstation 2 it was possible to play PSX games and guess what, IT WAS POSSIBLE TO USE PSX controllers.

When it comes to xbox X console, when I see positives, I talk about them and no one criticize me for that. Unfortunately when I mention problems, then many people tries to neglect important issues that I have. For example when I bought xbox X I have noticed right away input lag problems in gears of war 4 (it looks like not only BC games have problems with that). Many xbox X owners wrote they dont see problems, yet later on people have tested input lag in this game and I was indeed right.
https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...gy/912a1c7c-877e-4013-857e-c36a23feffdc/posts

RAIDEN1

I think it's fair to say I don't think there will ever be decent backward compatibility when it comes to the likes of Panzer Dragoon Orta....

I think it's fair to say I don't think there will ever be decent backward compatibility when it comes to the likes of Panzer Dragoon Orta....

What makes you say that? I'd bet that it'll be in the list of new OG Xbox titles coming next month.

-Its a free feature that MS pays for development on. The team is small but passionate, according to Ryan Mcaffery's reporting on it. It's not perfect, but is constantly improving...As for controls and input lag, to me, they are very acceptable for the vast majority.

You're a much more patient man that I am by responding to those posts mate! I read both of their posts, rolled my eyes and just closed out of that tab. I think that anyone who has actually spent more than five minutes playing BC games on the Xbox One platforms knows that the experience is superior to playing on the original console. How anyone could find reason to whine over the vastly superior controller, forced v-sync, improved framerates and radically decreased load times (and in a few cases X enhancements) is beyond me. A single frame of input lag to ensure v-sync and no screen tearing (which is incredibly prevalent on Xbox 360 titles), is not something to whine about.

Last edited:

TheWatcher

Banned
What makes you say that? I'd bet that it'll be in the list of new OG Xbox titles coming next month.

You're a much more patient man that I am by responding to those posts mate! I read both of their posts, rolled my eyes and just closed out of that tab. I think that anyone who has actually spent more than five minutes playing BC games on the Xbox One platforms knows that the experience is superior to playing on the original console. How anyone could find reason to whine over the vastly superior controller, forced v-sync, improved framerates and radically decreased load times (and in a few cases X enhancements) is beyond me. A single frame of input lag to ensure v-sync and no screen tearing (which is incredibly prevalent on Xbox 360 titles), is not something to whine about.

Spot on. The feature has some slight issues, but it supremely customer friendly. I played and completed a ton of BC games I otherwise would have dismissed. It is a great feature, and much preferable to purchasing remaster.

CRAIG667

Spot on. The feature has some slight issues, but it supremely customer friendly. I played and completed a ton of BC games I otherwise would have dismissed. It is a great feature, and much preferable to purchasing remaster.

I'm growing tired of the OBVIOUS trolls on this site since 'the event'
Even threads with blatant MS trolling titles (let alone content) are being created.
It's pathetic and depressing.
Gaming is supposed to be fun but for some it just seems like an excuse to be hostile towards others.

Back to the point though, BC is absolutely amazing and MS have pulled it off so well it's hard to believe.
I'm here every Tuesday and Thursday at 5PM GMT to check for news.

YoshiMax

Looks like there’s a strong chance Splinter Cell conviction is going BC today/soon!

It’s currently on sale too £4.49 in the UK

Last edited:

YoshiMax

I wanted to point out to the guy up-page you can actually directly push captures to usb drives you just need to have a basic grasp of the OS but he’s clearly posting shit to troll so I won’t bother :D

pawel86ck

Banned

I'm not whining without any reasons to do so, I just want microsoft to fix important issues, and they will never fix problems like that if gamers themselves will deny it.

That video with COD BO2 input lag test shows 2 frames of input lag, and problems with controller is clearly pointed out (xbox one thumbsticks accelerates faster at certain point in non linear way). There are many videos like that (from different games), and do I need to tell you why this video was made in the first place? Because hundreds of gamers besides me have noticed that input lag problem, so obviously problem is real. You dont see any problems, so you dont care. I'm sure, if someone is not experienced gamer, most likely he will not see any problems. But if someone like me spend a lot of time playing the games on real x360 hardware and WIRED xbox360 controller and 16 ms HDTV (I have even played this games on CRT tv with 0 input lag), and then play the same BC games on xbox X, then it's obvious whole experience is different because of input lag and new controller.

Vsync is not a problem? Ask any pro player, and he will tell you vsync is a problem even at 60fps, and even more on 30fps games because 30fps game has high input lag even without vsync, and 2 more frames of delay makes drastic difference. Here are 2 screenshots of 60fps gameplay that are 2 frames apart. The hammerburst reticle is at a significantly different position. Using the Longshot on someone to get a sweeping shot is very difficult if you expect your shot to be several feet off from where you wanted to shoot.

2qlfreb.png

Xbox X BC experience is superier? Graphics wise yes, graphics is better even without 4K high resolution patch thanks to forced anistropic filtering, but I CANT ENJOY THESE GAMES because
I cant even aim NEARLY as fast and precise. I'm playing these games like a pro on xbox360, but on my xbox X like a noob. I can easily feel added input lag (and it's more than vsync obviousy). and different thumbsticks acceleration mess up my aiming even more. It clearly altered my experience with the same games.

Because I liked 360 games very much I bought xbox X mainly because of BC feature. Without BC feature I would have no reason to buy this console, because besides forza horizon 2 and halo 5 I can play all games on my PC (and my 1080ti I can run xbox X games at 60fps instead of 30fps). And input lag issue is not the only one problem that I have with xbox X console. I can see all kinds of problems, missing sounds (I had to download manualy audio pack for halo 5 LOL), 5.1 setup problems, radomly games dont want to start for unknown reasons, and there are many strange restrictions (payment restrictions, screenshots/video material copy restricions, not to mention gamepad problem that I have). I will keep my xbox X because I hope microsoft will release more games, and will fix at least some of these problems that I have.\

It was my last post in this thread. Because it's microsoft, let's ignore every issue, who cares, it's not important BC feature after all, and microsoft dont need to fix anything, so let's not even talk about it.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
I wanted to point out to the guy up-page you can actually directly push captures to usb drives you just need to have a basic grasp of the OS but he’s clearly posting shit to troll so I won’t bother :D
If you are so kind, explain how. I have searched many topics in regards to xbox one/x screenshots, and basically all people have said there's only one way to get these screenshots (upload first and then download). One thing for sure, on PS4P I can easily copy my screenshots without any problems, all you have to do is click copy on selected screenshots.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Its a great feature, but unfortunately for me since most games are sub-1080p they are borderline unplayable to me. I discovered that I just have little interest in playing much last gen games. It's in the "I'll never use it, but it's nice that I have the option if I ever wanted to." I tried to play Assassins Creed Rogue and the graphics were just too terrible for me to enjoy the game. Thankfully that game is getting re-released on X1/PS4 and will look much better.

What I hope happens is that MS tweaks their emulation system so that it can eventually make every game enhanced. THAT would be an achievement.

cireza

I discovered that I just have little interest in playing much last gen games.
It is the complete opposite for me and half of my games on Xbox One are actually Xbox 360 games. Bayonetta, Jet Set Radio, Lost Odyssey, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, Catherine, Guardian Heroes... all play perfectly well, they even play and look better than on 360.

Great feature. Microsoft needs to keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Cool about Splinter Cell Conviction. Not the best Splinter Cell, but still a solid title.

I'm not whining without any reasons to do so, I just want microsoft to fix important issues, and they will never fix problems like that if gamers themselves will deny it.

That video with COD BO2 input lag test shows 2 frames of input lag, and problems with controller is clearly pointed out (xbox one thumbsticks accelerates faster at certain point in non linear way). There are many videos like that (from different games), and do I need to tell you why this video was made in the first place? Because hundreds of gamers besides me have noticed that input lag problem, so obviously problem is real. You dont see any problems, so you dont care. I'm sure, if someone is not experienced gamer, most likely he will not see any problems. But if someone like me spend a lot of time playing the games on real x360 hardware and WIRED xbox360 controller and 16 ms HDTV (I have even played this games on CRT tv with 0 input lag), and then play the same BC games on xbox X, then it's obvious whole experience is different because of input lag and new controller.

Vsync is not a problem? Ask any pro player, and he will tell you vsync is a problem even at 60fps, and even more on 30fps games because 30fps game has high input lag even without vsync, and 2 more frames of delay makes drastic difference. Here are 2 screenshots of 60fps gameplay that are 2 frames apart. The hammerburst reticle is at a significantly different position. Using the Longshot on someone to get a sweeping shot is very difficult if you expect your shot to be several feet off from where you wanted to shoot.

2qlfreb.png

Xbox X BC experience is superier? Graphics wise yes, graphics is better even without 4K high resolution patch thanks to forced anistropic filtering, but I CANT ENJOY THESE GAMES because
I cant even aim NEARLY as fast and precise. I'm playing these games like a pro on xbox360, but on my xbox X like a noob. I can easily feel added input lag (and it's more than vsync obviousy). and different thumbsticks acceleration mess up my aiming even more. It clearly altered my experience with the same games.

Because I liked 360 games very much I bought xbox X mainly because of BC feature. Without BC feature I would have no reason to buy this console, because besides forza horizon 2 and halo 5 I can play all games on my PC (and my 1080ti I can run xbox X games at 60fps instead of 30fps). And input lag issue is not the only one problem that I have with xbox X console. I can see all kinds of problems, missing sounds (I had to download manualy audio pack for halo 5 LOL), 5.1 setup problems, radomly games dont want to start for unknown reasons, and there are many strange restrictions (payment restrictions, screenshots/video material copy restricions, not to mention gamepad problem that I have). I will keep my xbox X because I hope microsoft will release more games, and will fix at least some of these problems that I have.\

It was my last post in this thread. Because it's microsoft, let's ignore every issue, who cares, it's not important BC feature after all, and microsoft dont need to fix anything, so let's not even talk about it.

What "pro gamer" is playing X360 and OGXB games on the Xbox One professionally???!?!?! You are coming at backwards compatibility from a competitive shooter standpoint, which is ridiculous. Last time I played Halo 3 and Halo Reach online (about 5 years back now) on the X360, they played like complete shyt anyways, because the games are barely maintained these days and it was a glitchy mess.

The control is still good enough on BC games on the XB1, that I can get through FPS and 3rd person shooter games on the hardest setting in single player, so I'm fine with it. If I'm going for a record breaking speed run or training for that rare retro FPS tournament, I guess I'll just have to go back to the OG hardware, which any hardcore retro gamer would do anyways.

The vast majority of games play just fine. I'm playing through KOTOR on my XB1 and it looks and plays great.

pawel86ck

Banned
Cool about Splinter Cell Conviction. Not the best Splinter Cell, but still a solid title.

What "pro gamer" is playing X360 and OGXB games on the Xbox One professionally???!?!?! You are coming at backwards compatibility from a competitive shooter standpoint, which is ridiculous. Last time I played Halo 3 and Halo Reach online (about 5 years back now) on the X360, they played like complete shyt anyways, because the games are barely maintained these days and it was a glitchy mess.

The control is still good enough on BC games on the XB1, that I can get through FPS and 3rd person shooter games on the hardest setting in single player, so I'm fine with it. If I'm going for a record breaking speed run or training for that rare retro FPS tournament, I guess I'll just have to go back to the OG hardware, which any hardcore retro gamer would do anyways.

The vast majority of games play just fine. I'm playing through KOTOR on my XB1 and it looks and plays great.
So far I have never played OG xbox games on my xbox X (I can only buy 3 xbox classic games in my xboxstore region), just xbox 360 games.

Another video, so it looks like not only COD and GOW players see that problem.

Here on neogaf forum we already have thread in regards to input lag on xbox one, and I hope microsoft will improve their emulation in the future when more people will talk about that issue
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/severe-input-lag-for-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-games.1184759/

cireza

Another video, so it looks like not only COD and GOW players see that problem.
Video is from November 2015 :rolleyes:

If you are only going to make references to old videos and topics, you might as well stop now.

All games have been patched several times and run perfectly well now.

Last edited:

YoshiMax

If you are so kind, explain how. I have searched many topics in regards to xbox one/x screenshots, and basically all people have said there's only one way to get these screenshots (upload first and then download). One thing for sure, on PS4P I can easily copy my screenshots without any problems, all you have to do is click copy on selected screenshots.

One quick google and:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-record-xbox-one-game-dvr-clips-external-drive

Stop trolling dude I’d say you’ve clearly earned a ban already you’re dragging up shit from the launch of BC. It’s stellar now has been for a good while.

Last edited:

pawel86ck

Banned
One quick google and:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-record-xbox-one-game-dvr-clips-external-drive

Stop trolling dude I’d say you’ve clearly earned a ban already you’re dragging up shit from the launch of BC. It’s stellar now has been for a good while.
Neogaf has moderators, and you dont need to decide for them what to do, and just maybe you should be banned for your language and disrespectful comments towards me? The thing is, I'm just talking about my experience in playing BC games (this is BC games topic after all), and my opinion is honest. The only problem is, my experience is negative. I'm talking about my BC experience for one single reason, I CARE ABOUT MY OWN XBOX CONSOLE AND HOPE MICROSOFT WILL FIX BC PROBLEMS BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY BC GAMES ON MY XBOX X WITHOUT ISSUES. It's not like BC is perfect as some of you guys suggest, and for that I'm called a troll.

But thanks for your link, it looks like indeed it's possible now to store DVR materials on external HDD thanks to recent changes, but after reading this material carefully I can see some potential restricions.
-only selected HDD's are supported (no pendrives?)
-by enabling DVR recording on external HDD, DVR will be no longer stored on my xbox X internal HDD? I just wanted to be able to use pendrives to copy selected screenshots and video from xbox internal HDD. On PS4P I can easily do it, and I dont need to buy external HDD in order to record everything.

Video is from November 2015 :rolleyes:

If you are only going to make references to old videos and topics, you might as well stop now.

All games have been patched several times and run perfectly well now.
If microsoft would indeed fix that problem, I would not talk about it now. That neogaf thread in regards to input lag is old, but what's funny I can see the same thing today, one guy (I myself) talks about his experience, yet most people are ignoring that issue.

Above anyone can read 4 months old reddit topic on the same issue. Some interesting quotes from that topic

I could never get back into Gears 3 because of the input lag. I had read it was fixed but it did not feel like it the last time I tried.
After playing gears of war 3 for myself just yesterday, I absolutely agree with that guy

I play on a monitor created for gaming so there's no input lag on it, but yet the backwards compatible titles are sometimes so noticeable it's unplayable
What's interesting, that guy plays on gaming monitor, and the thing is, if you have good point of reference (monitor with minimal input lag) it's much easier to notice input lag problems in games. Maybe that's why I'm so sensitive to this input lag issue. I game on very fast monitor and tv myself, when most people probably play with 40-60 ms input lag on their HDTV, so they cant feel how each game should play without added input lag anyway.

Borderlands is absolutely unplayable for me due to this
I have never played that BC game on my xbox X, but I belive that guy

It seems to be that way in pretty much every game. I think it's the nature of the beast. You might not notice it in a lot of the games you play until you get really good at them and start trying to do more technically difficult things.
I really like what that guy wrote. When you really good at playing your favorite games, then it's very easily to tell the difference. I can very easily aim at moving targets (even at long range) on xbox 360, but not on xbox X. My game experience is clearly altered, and I supposed to play the same game :p.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
You posted 4 replies ago this would be your last post in the thread, take it to the input lag thread already. I know this is backwards discussion but it's 99% for game releases and what future ones we want to see this is just derailing the discussion and turning it into a shitfest.

Top Bottom