• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

This is the one reason I own a Bone S. The backwards compatibility is fantastic and I’ve already amassed a great library.

Forgot I also own an Xbox because Cuphead.

And The Last Night.

pawel86ck

Banned
You posted 4 replies ago this would be your last post in the thread, take it to the input lag thread already. I know this is backwards discussion but it's 99% for game releases and what future ones we want to see this is just derailing the discussion and turning it into a shitfest.
Thats why I have linked input lag thread, but because few people have posted disrespectful comments towards me, I had to respond to them.

When it comes to BC games, Splinter Cell convincion BC is a great news, but I would also like to see Splinter Cell 1-4 from OG xbox. It's hard to run these games these days on PC because of compatibility problems (especially in splinter cell 1-2), and splinter cell 4 on OG xbox was totally different game compared to xbox 360/PC version. Splinter cell games doesnt require fast reaction time and precision (it's mostly stealth game) , so I would enjoy them regardless of input lag issue. After splinter cell I would also like to see GTA 3 and VC, because OG xbox versions were special.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
When it comes to BC games, Splinter Cell convincion BC is a great news, but I would also like to see Splinter Cell 1-4 from OG xbox. It's hard to run these games these days on PC because of compatibility problems (especially in splinter cell 1-2), and splinter cell 4 on OG xbox was totally different game compared to xbox 360/PC version. Splinter cell games doesnt require fast reaction time and precision (it's mostly stealth game) , so I would enjoy them regardless of input lag issue. After splinter cell I would also like to see GTA 3 and VC, because OG xbox versions were special.

Hopefully this is Ubisoft trying to gauge reaction before an E3 tease of a new title we've been pretty starved on this genre and Ubi stated they hadn't forgotten it and then hopefully the rest follow, If they can meet licencing with this one with Ubi it bodes well.

Hopefully this is Ubisoft trying to gauge reaction before an E3 tease of a new title we've been pretty starved on this genre and Ubi stated they hadn't forgotten it and then hopefully the rest follow, If they can meet licencing with this one with Ubi it bodes well.

I was thinking the same thing. It'll be fantastic if it's the case and Ubisoft announce a new SC at E3 this year. Hopefully, we'll get the first three Spinter Cell games from the OG Xbox in the BC update next month too. They'll look fantastic in ~4k and with improved framerates.

Last edited:

HurtPotato

Neo Member
I'm so happy that I can play SC: Conviction again on the Xbox One. Hoping that Blacklist gets the Backward Compatibility treatment. Ugh I hope we get a new entry in the franchise this year or next!

How well does Splinter Cell Conviction hold up when compared to the original titles?

SC:Conviction Framerate test

I am really enjoying it on the X, the framerate is just consistent no drops; and it does look better, not enhanced, just cleaner. It took me a minute to adjust to the controllers again but it is helping quench my Splinter Cell needs.

I watched that framerate test yesterday and I was really impressed. It was a absolute locked 30fps on the X (while the 360 was dropping into the low 20s and screen tearing all over the place in the second half of the video). Another one to add to my "to buy" list. It's so great having a sizable portion of the 360s back catalog available on the Xbox One.

Last edited:

CRAIG667

How well does Splinter Cell Conviction hold up when compared to the original titles?

I watched that framerate test yesterday and I was really impressed. It was a absolute locked 30fps on the X (while the 360 was dropping into the low 20s and screen tearing all over the place in the second half of the video). Another one to add to my "to buy" list. It's so great having a sizable portion of the 360s back catalog available on the Xbox One.
it's on sale right now, grab it before it's back to standard price if you can :)

koosa

Banned
Hi there, i'm new here. Anyone else excited for a new batch of OG xbox games in spring? I'm personally hoping for Silent Hill and Fatal Frame games, i wouldn't mind some arcade racers too (pgr, midtown madness, rallisport challenge), 6th gen is a goldmine of racing games and horrors.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Was pleasantly surprised to see SC:Conviction appear on my games list. Was absolutely delighted when I started it on my X1X and it ran and looked SIGNIFICANTLY better. I cannot emphasize enough that the BC support and GamePass are good reasons to be happy to be an Xbox owner.

pawel86ck

Banned
Hi there, i'm new here. Anyone else excited for a new batch of OG xbox games in spring? I'm personally hoping for Silent Hill and Fatal Frame games, i wouldn't mind some arcade racers too (pgr, midtown madness, rallisport challenge), 6th gen is a goldmine of racing games and horrors.
PGR 2 and rallisport challenge 2 would be great

Allandor

Well I did never like Conviction. I played it on pc after the release. Now I tried it again on the console and really started to like it. It has a few rough edges but overall it is a nice game.
But it really sucks that you must fight in some locations. Old splinter cell games had always a sneaky alternative.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Can’t wait for VRR to solve Vsync latency issues.

With that said, I’m still loving BC

Last edited:
Hell yeah I've been waiting for Prey. Bought it on sale last year anticipating it becoming BC. Now it's on sale again for $3.99. Even cheaper than when I bought it I think.

DARious

Neophyte
Sweet! I never finished the original Prey....should be interesting to play that with the new one so fresh in my mind...completely different in style and scope.
The ending of first Prey implied continuation, but it never came out. This is not good.

RAIDEN1

The "ORIGINAL" Prey just a reminder of what could of and SHOULD have been, as opposed to the by the numbers - reboot, as good as that maybe, it wasn't a patch on the 2006 release..

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Brave is part of next month's Gold lineup, and Vanquish and Lara Croft are both great additions as well.

kingwingin

Finally vanquish, my heart was broken when the hd remaster turned out fake, this is the next best thing. Hopefully it sees the 4k treatment it deserves

Ya know, I would be more excited for Vanquish if the Steam version didn't exist. My next best hope is maybe Lollipop Chainsaw since there's virtually no chance of it getting a new release due to all the licensed music.

wipeout364

The "ORIGINAL" Prey just a reminder of what could of and SHOULD have been, as opposed to the by the numbers - reboot, as good as that maybe, it wasn't a patch on the 2006 release..
I am surprised to see the recent prey described as a by the numbers reboot. If anything I think it was a far more daring title than the 2006 one. It really tried to be something quite different in today’s FPS space. I thought it was superior to the original but I could see how a big fan of the original would actively dislike it.

I just ordered Vanquish, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw :D. I'm very excited to get to experience Vanquish for the first time on my X. Hopefully the later two get added to the BC list at some stage.

Anyone else picked up (or bought digitally) some BC titles recently?

B4D1E

OMG!!! Finally the wait was worth it for Crackdown. I can also try Fable since I have gamepass. Microsoft is taking it on an all another level. Very happy to be a Xbox customer.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Finally Crackdown, the only BC game worth owning besides RDR.

Top Bottom