• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is on sale this week for $5. Dare I dream?

Considering how many EA games are backwards compatible, and Microsoft's deal with EA Access, it's weird to me that they aren't all BC by now. This game, Dragon Age II, Alice, Dante's Inferno, The Simpsons Game, etc. Licensing issues, I guess.

CRZYSPZ

Considering how many EA games are backwards compatible, and Microsoft's deal with EA Access, it's weird to me that they aren't all BC by now. This game, Dragon Age II, Alice, Dante's Inferno, The Simpsons Game, etc. Licensing issues, I guess.

Alice: Madness Returns is actually BC already.

Yay Crackdown !
Now only to wait for Crackdown2, which I've barely played yet, waiting for BC.

Hopefully that is on its way too. I was initially disappointed with Crackdown 2 at launch because it didn't deliver what I wanted from a sequel. But after some time has passed, I've found that I've grown to really quite like it. If you go into it with the expectation that it's just Crackdown 1 with a zombie mod; then it's a really solid game.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alice: Madness Returns is actually BC already.

Ah good point, missed that. Still, EA's exclusions on the service seem baffling to me.

Alx

Seems like "keys to the city" (Crackdown sandbox DLC) isn't supported on XB1. :/ (*edit - never mind, it is supported, see below)
Oh well, at least the game is still fun. Had a quick session of rooftop jumping for old time sake. :)

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Seems like "keys to the city" (Crackdown sandbox DLC) isn't supported on XB1. :/
Oh well, at least the game is still fun. Had a quick session of rooftop jumping for old time sake. :)
It is supported. You have to download the enhancement from the marketplace. It isn't installed by default. I was playing it just a little while ago. Go into the marketplace via the blades to get the DLC.

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Crackdown looks fantastic with the resolution bump and is still incredibly fun to play. I hope they eventually get around to enhancing Fable 2 and Fable 3 as well at some point. As a dream, perhaps even the Mass Effect trilogy if EA is willing to let Microsoft work their magic.

Alx

It is supported. You have to download the enhancement from the marketplace. It isn't installed by default. I was playing it just a little while ago. Go into the marketplace via the blades to get the DLC.

Oh yeah, thanks a lot. I had tried accessing the content through the game menu, and it showed them ticked so I thought they were downloaded.
I managed to get all the DLC from the game list, selecting Crackdown and clicking "manage game" shows you all the DLC ready to install for the game.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Not sure how I missed that Vanquish went BC last week. Im slippin....
One of the all time great action games. My BC wanted list is narrowing.

Klart

I probably wont buy an XB1 ( more likely a Switch first) but the fact I can play Guardian Heroes, Streets of Rage 2 and Castle Crashers on it is quite tempting. Even more than other “exclusives”.

Last edited:
I need PGR4 with the full enhanced treatment.

Fantastic game. PGR2 and PGR3 are my personal faves in the series. Every one of them would look stellar in 4k, so hopefully MS throws a bone to the original fans at some stage. I'm still slightly bitter over the loss of Bizarre Creations :(. The PGR series (including MSR) was such an amazing sim-cade racer at the time and they still hold up gameplay-wise today.

Last edited:

Sizzle55

Crackdown! I bought it as soon as I got home. I spent so many hours orb hunting when it first came out and looke cool on the X. Held up wel

jshackles

Always happy to see another LEGO game get the backwards compatibility treatment, although I personally didn't care much for The Clone Wars.

Now, where is LEGO Lord of the Rings?

They probably have to get permission from the state of Rhode Island for Amalur at this point. Unless someone bought those up.

Good job, Gamestop. Crackdown goes BC and you raise the price of copies from $3 to $20. Fuck you.
I should have seen this coming and bought it last week. Maybe I should have kept my copy I originally had. Hindsight is 20/20.

Rockeeo

Good job, Gamestop. Crackdown goes BC and you raise the price of copies from $3 to $20. Fuck you.
I should have seen this coming and bought it last week. Maybe I should have kept my copy I originally had. Hindsight is 20/20.

Hitman was $9.99 yesterday. It is now $24.99.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Everyone who doesn't have a massive 360 collection if interested should be purchasing the majority of games before they go backwards for only a couple bucks. Looking for people selloing their 360's with 50+ games is a great way to get everything as well. Been doing this for years. It's harder on the older consoles now, used to pick up PS1's with Crash trio, Spyro's and even Kula World for $15-20 bucks when everyone was upgrading to the next gen.

360 is perfect for the same treatment now and at the bottom of the price point games will ever be, great for collectors and people looking to make some money further down the line.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sucks, but that's supply and demand for you. Those discs now have value.

It's a frustrating thing to have happen for sure. I'd set up an email alert on eBay and then wait about a month or two for the initial demand to fade. I guarantee that you'll still be able to get a cheap physical copy. Even though I've kept all of my Xbox 360 physical game library, I've still managed to catch a bunch of games that I didn't have for cheap following the usual post-BC announcement price jump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom