• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just wish they would make these games backwards compatible already :/ Medal of Honor 2010 and crackdown 2 fifa street

Crackdown 2 is all but certain in the run up to Crackdown 3 - it's only a matter of time.

Personally I'm hoping for Kingdoms of Amular (since I ended up picking it up for $5), LEGO LotR, or Tales of Vesperia. Feels like Vesperia is never going to happen though for whatever reason.

Alx

Nice I think I own that Ghost Recon game. I barely played it then (it was a gift), but it's time to dust it off. :)

RAIDEN1

Unbelievable!! what is the point in just making peace walker HD backward compatible why not MGS The HD collection as a total? You still have to use the 360 for that....not as if Peace Walker was better than MGS2, and 3....

Calibos

Oh hell yeah!!! Keep em coming MS! Been waiting forever for these...I would surely rather have GRAW 2, but Future soldier has an excellent Horde mode.

splattered

Unbelievable!! what is the point in just making peace walker HD backward compatible why not MGS The HD collection as a total? You still have to use the 360 for that....not as if Peace Walker was better than MGS2, and 3....

Maybe they just wanted to hold something back for this Thurs so we get a solid week of content drop overall haha

Maybe a port of a PSP game is easier to get working than ports of PS2 games? I mean...

RAIDEN1

Peacewalker was released on PS3 as well., the HD version, end of the day no excuses....MGS2 if anything is more highly regarded than peace-walker...on another note if Microsoft brought Panzer Dragoon, and Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, to the XBOX- OG - XBOX1 compatibility table that would be awesome....!!!!

Peacewalker was released on PS3 as well., the HD version, end of the day no excuses....MGS2 if anything is more highly regarded than peace-walker...on another note if Microsoft brought Panzer Dragoon, and Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, to the XBOX- OG - XBOX1 compatibility table that would be awesome....!!!!
I... what? What does it being on PS3 have to do with anything? Peace Walker HD is a port of a PSP game. I'm sure it took very little actual effort to make that version of the game and it can probably run on far lesser specs than its release systems, so I will say it again:

Maybe a port of a PSP game is easier to get working than ports of PS2 games.

RAIDEN1

Well whatever the case maybe, it's just plain lazy....bit like how Burnout paradise re-master is coming yet the much better games in the series still remain to be backward compatible...

Just bought GR Future Soldier. I never played it back in the day; I'm looking forward to checking it out. I loved the first two. The day they make it over to the BC list will be a good day indeed 😃

Last edited:

EBE

I loved that game, but the community was one of the dumbest I've ever seen, like legitimately stupid when it came to completing objectives.
Haha definitely. I had a group of guys I'd regularly play with so I didn't have to deal too much with randoms screwing everything up. But the maps, weapons and abilities, and core movement/shooting were just really solid in that game. The singleplayer DLC was also quite good.

TheWatcher

Banned
Outside of some peculiar inclusions (MG Peace Walker), I think this year has seen some top notch games get released.

Some standouts for me this year:

Mafia 2
Vanquish
Hitman: Blood Money
Spec Ops The Line
Splinter Cell Conviction
Darkness II
Prey
Split/Second

Really hoping Microsoft will add:

Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 2 and 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Warhammer Space Marine
Binary Domain
Mortal Kombat
DC vs. MK
WWE 2K14 (Outstanding 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode)
UFC 3 (Probably not going to happen but the inclusion of Pride was awesome)

Last edited:

Artistic

Playing through it now on the XB1, do have to wonder why this is was ranked like the 2nd or 3rd best MGS game in the series. I'll definitely plan on finishing it, just probably need to be patient and wait for the story to unfold.

Have to remember it did release on PSP so the cinematic lore I'm used to isn't as prevalent so far.

Last edited:

gupho70

Really hoping Microsoft will add: Modern Warfare 2 and 3[/QUOTE said:
https://www.vg247.com/2018/03/16/call-duty-modern-warfare-2-remastered-listing-appears-amazon-italy/

Look at it how you want to. But there was a leak right before they announced MW. I told myself when they announced the first that Moneyvision was just going to remaster all three and have it as the Remastered MW Trilogy.
They already have COD 2, 3, WaW, Black Ops, BO2, and Ghosts (doesn't count in my opinion) as BC with Ghosts, BO3, AW, IW, WWII and soon BO4 on the X One. Soooooo yeah.
Maybe we'll see the Xbox original COD titles as BC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I feel like once per week is going to be the norm now.

I'm okay with that as long as the quality of the releases continues to be top notch. Doubly-so if we get some X Enhanced BC games and OG Xbox BC games sprinkled in every now and again.

TheWatcher

Banned

I hope so. I like the games just the way they are, no need to re-master them. What drives me nuts about each Call of Duty release is that every iteration has different features. Zombies seems to be consistent, but it drives me nuts that Spec Ops and Survival aren't permanent fixtures. That is why many of us are begging for MW 2 and MW3 to be added. I am sure now that the Xbox One X can enhance the resolution of the game they could probably update all the previous CODs to run at a native high definition resolution.

rmatheso

We definitely need more 4k 360 releases:

Doom 3 - Res bump would be great plus original Dooms in 4k? Yes please! (Native 720p)
original.gif

Borderlands - One of the first BC games, I play this way too much. (targeted 720p?)
TatteredSlightGreatargus-size_restricted.gif

Ninja Gaiden II. Really low resolution, def needs a bump. (1120X585)
giphy.gif

Quake 4/Quake II - Horrible performance in Quake 4/Native 1080 on Quake II port.
tumblr_ou4wl7Mrbr1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Calibos

We definitely need more 4k 360 releases:

Doom 3 - Res bump would be great plus original Dooms in 4k? Yes please! (Native 720p)
original.gif

Borderlands - One of the first BC games, I play this way too much. (targeted 720p?)
TatteredSlightGreatargus-size_restricted.gif

Ninja Gaiden II. Really low resolution, def needs a bump. (1120X585)
giphy.gif

Quake 4/Quake II - Horrible performance in Quake 4/Native 1080 on Quake II port.
tumblr_ou4wl7Mrbr1r7sijxo1_500.gif

Yes please!

Also, I was looking at the BC list and was really blown away at the number of titles I can play from the 360 gen.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

So great!

rmatheso

As for OG games:

Kingdom Under Fire/Heroes - Real time strategy and hack and slash glory. This is my #1. It is weird that the long awaited KUF II has become an MMO and is rumored for a PS4 release when the older games were on Xbox. Could be real tricky to bring these over but I remain hopeful.
Kingdom_Under_Fire_TC_52.jpg

Total Overdose - Crazy 3rd person, bullet time Mexican shoot-em up. Native 720P on OG Xbox.
681856-925909_20050819_006.jpg

Freedom Fighters - Another native 720P OG game. Incredible soundtrack.
freedom-fighter-free-download.png

Matrix: Path of Neo - Prob my #2 because of the insane fighting system. Movie licence game though. Here's hoping.
00026343.jpg

and...

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Great 3rd person shooter/platformer.
d482038c_pcsx2r46002012040913342.png

Last edited:

Zimmy68

Fired up MGS: Peace Walker yesterday. It runs like a dream.
Again, hats off to the Xbox One team, they know how to implement BC seamlessly.
If they ever released MGS3 with a 4k patch, I will lose it.

CRAIG667

I want...

SSF2THDR
Crysis trilogy
Batman Arkham games
Blazblue
Trials Evolution
Tony Hawk PS HD

Anything else is just icing tbh.

rapid32.5

I want to see Silent Hill 2 Xbox version BC with higher res and fog fixed, would be an ultimate challenge to the team that would blow my mind.

alone

Banned
Seems like releases are Tuesday only now, and my guess is they didn't want to announce anything else on Sea of Thieves release day. Here's hoping for a bigger drop next week!

Long time lurker on this thread, but first post, so here's my wish list:
Lollipop Chainsaw
NFS: Hot Pursuit
Saints Row 1 & 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
The Simpsons Arcade

BC would really help motivate me to go back to those games.

Leonidas

Hoping we get some things that weren't already Xbox 360 compatible, stuff like Otogi, Crazy Taxi 3 and GUNVALKYRIE would be amazing. Everything so far was already compatible on 360. I'll take whatever they come out with though as the Xbox One emulator is much better than the emulator they used in the previous generation.

Would Like to be Able to Play the OG dead or Alive vollyball

What are the Chances ?

3 of the 4 DOA games had licensed music on Xbox. DOAXBV had the most licensed music of them all. Still hoping they can all somehow make it...

Last edited:
3 of the 4 DOA games had licensed music on Xbox. DOAXBV had the most licensed music of them all. Still hoping they can all somehow make it...
YBH, for pure emulation/BC purposes, this shouldn't matter. It would literally just be a matter of not selling digital copies or selling altered copies without the music if they didn't relicense.

cireza

Banned
Fable Anniversary is down to $10 with the current sale. Might bite.
Knowing the game is Xbox One X enhanced, I bought it. Will definitely play it in the near future.

There is also Catherine, for those who haven't bought the game yet. Fantastic game.

B4D1E

Great news but when I went to buy it, since it's on sale, I was like GTFO. It's 1 bucks cheaper than the remastered edition.

Did anyone else get an update to Mass Effect a few weeks back? I did and was wondering if they improved it any? Been thinking about starting a new Femshep and I like the 360 versions better than the PC and PS3.

Top Bottom