• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Mochilador

We already got Raiden and Peace Walker. The 360 versions of 2/3 from the HD collections are pretty crap from my memory. The sound is all screwed up. Best going with the PS3 version.
I didn't have problems with the 360 versions. I actually prefer them over the PS3 version since they removed the whole button pressure thing.
The only difference I have noted is that Peace Walker seems to load faster on PS3 and the 360 version has different loading screens, showing the main characters and their quotes.

Pantz

Gold Member
Dang, these BC games get updates a lot. There must be soooo many updates for those who have all 500+. It's a good thing, but my internet connection is pretty slow.

Shannon Loftis posted a pic of them playing PGR4 this weekend. Make of that what you will 🤔

rurXPpC.gif

PGR 2 and 3 are my favourites but being able to play at least one entry in the series on the X would make me extremely happy :D.

They were all great looking games in their day but imagine this in ~4k:

Yes please.

Rockman

Rather random title question but does anyone know why the Bionic Commando Rearmed sequel is available for BC but not the original?

I thought all of the OG Xbox games were playable on an XB1X right now, but skimming the thread now and it seems like that isn't the case. Do they have a commitment to eventually getting them all? Or is there a list somewhere of what is playable now? I am honestly thinking of getting an XB1X mostly for BC in the near future because my OG Xbox has shit the bed.

I thought all of the OG Xbox games were playable on an XB1X right now, but skimming the thread now and it seems like that isn't the case. Do they have a commitment to eventually getting them all?

Not a chance.
Make your One X purchase based solely on what we have now, not on hopes for the future.

From wikipedia regarding original XBOX on XBOX One and One X:
There are currently 33 on this list out of 1047 released for the Xbox. All Original Xbox games run at 4 times the original resolution on Xbox One and Xbox One S consoles (up to 960p), and 16 times on Xbox One X (up to 1920p).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._Xbox_One#List_of_compatible_titles_from_Xbox

Last edited:
Not a chance.
Make your One X purchase based solely on what we have now, not on hopes for the future.

From wikipedia regarding original XBOX on XBOX One and One X:
There are currently 33 on this list out of 1047 released for the Xbox. All Original Xbox games run at 4 times the original resolution on Xbox One and Xbox One S consoles (up to 960p), and 16 times on Xbox One X (up to 1920p).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._Xbox_One#List_of_compatible_titles_from_Xbox
Thanks for the info. Wow, a staggering 3% of the library is compatible. Looks like I'm getting another OG box and learning to replace the capacitor.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Liberation HD, awesome. I'm sure it'll be in the GwG lineup sometime in the next few months but it's good to see more Assassin's Creed available on Xbox.

Good to see GRAW, one of the more impressive earlier titles of the previous generation.

GRAW 1. YEAH BABY. That was the first game that I completed on the mighty 360. Damn, that console launch period was amazing. Happy times.

gGpvD8B.gif

Still dancing.

...For Thursday I'll take the entire PGR series thanks Microsoft.

Lort

Banned
I want Rallisport 1 and 2 and battlestations midway .. would love them in 4k omfg also splinter cell in 4k would be awesome.
Edit : i have the game dvds waiting for the day!

Last edited:

CRAIG667

I want...
SSF2THD Remix
SF3 Online
Batman games
Remember Me
Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD

Having said that , I'm VERY happy with the games we have been given!

Leonidas

GRAW seems to be running virtually locked at 60 FPS, hope someone does an analysis on it this week.

EDIT: correction, there are drops in more demanding areas.

Last edited:
GRAW seems to be running virtually locked at 60 FPS, hope someone does an analysis on it this week.

I noticed that. The image quality is really good as well for a first gen 360 game running at 720p; it almost looks like it has MSAA applied.

Gameplay-wise it holds up really well too. I played through the training mission and instantly bumped it up onto my "next to play" list.

Last edited:

Leonidas

I noticed that. The image quality is really good as well for a first gen 360 game running at 720p; it almost looks like it's has MSAA applied.

Gameplay-wise it holds up really well too. I played through the training mission and instantly bumped it up onto my "next to play" list.

I spoke too soon, just got to some more demanding areas and there were some drops to the 40s. At least the tearing from the Xbox 360 is gone.

So the chances of any of the Fight Night games going BC is pretty low right? Because of music and fighter licensing? Every time I play a fighting game on my X it just makes me miss fight night

So the chances of any of the Fight Night games going BC is pretty low right? Because of music and fighter licensing? Every time I play a fighting game on my X it just makes me miss fight night

FYI: Fight Night Champion is already BC and it looks and runs great.

For nostalgia reasons I'd also like Fight Night Round 3. That demo was my first true "next gen" moment with the seventh generation of game consoles. I imported a launch Xbox 360 for $1200 to Australia before it was available locally and my mates and I all piled into my bedroom on a 40 degree (celcius) day and played the hell out of that demo. Good times.

Last edited:
Can anybody find GRAW in the Xbox store? I only kept my disc for GRAW 2 and the only thing showing up in the store is a map pack that it says I already own, so I downloaded it. Still can't find anything. USA here by the way.

Hope GRAW 2 comes along with HAWX. I'd forgotten how much fun that game was until I started letting my 5 yr old onto my 360 and he discovered it. At this point I'm almost tempted to buy another 360 off of craigslist so we can play coop.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Can anybody find GRAW in the Xbox store? I only kept my disc for GRAW 2 and the only thing showing up in the store is a map pack that it says I already own, so I downloaded it. Still can't find anything. USA here by the way.

Hope GRAW 2 comes along with HAWX. I'd forgotten how much fun that game was until I started letting my 5 yr old onto my 360 and he discovered it. At this point I'm almost tempted to buy another 360 off of craigslist so we can play coop.
Is this it?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/TCs-GRAW/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555307d5

Of the 34 games I still have on my XBOX 360, only 9 remain that I can't digitally play anywhere else:

After Burner Climax - delisted
Transformers: War for Cybertron - delisted
Bankshot Billiards 2
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Disc only
Dead or Alive 4 - Disc only
El Shaddai - delisted
F1 2013 - delisted
Need for Speed: Carbon
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 arcade - delisted

Other's I would like to see that I don't currently own:

Lollipop Chainsaw
Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005
Project Gotham 3 and 4
Pure
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Test Drive Unlimited

I would be pleased if any of these get a BC release but I'm not holding my breath. And for all my other games, I can at least buy them somewhere else (PS3, Steam, etc) if I can't live without them.

Last edited:

B4D1E

I was looking for it as well in my library at the letter G but couldn't find it. I had to search through the store and finally found it by miracle. In fact it's named TC's GRAW.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I was looking for it as well in my library at the letter G but couldn't find it. I had to search through the store and finally found it by miracle. In fact it's named TC's GRAW.
The backward compatibility page on Xbox.com links to it as well.

Thanks for the tips guys. Crazy they are still asking $20 for GRAW--I was expecting $10. Looked it up on gamestop.com yesterday, $3 and in stock at many locations. When I was getting ready to go to one during lunch today I figured I would go ahead and buy it for pickup but they have scrubbed the 360 version from the site (for now?) so I guess a price adjustment is incoming.

Got to the store and they didn't have any out, so I asked and the lady looked in the drawer and yup, about 3-4 copies in there. Snagged it and can't wait to get back to it. Hoping I can get my brothers back on the nostalgia train since there is no current game that plays like it.

CROSS-COM ACTIVATED!

2u6lq4g.png

Last edited:

Leonidas

Assassin's Creed Liberation frame-rate is on average

~20% faster on the S.
~60% faster on the X. The X is the only console to hit 60 FPS at times in this game.

Other's I would like to see that I don't currently own:

Lollipop Chainsaw
Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005
Project Gotham 3 and 4
Pure
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Test Drive Unlimited

I would be pleased if any of these get a BC release but I'm not holding my breath.

Pure is BC.

Top Bottom