• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

hyPwk6b.gif

I just ordered my copy of Dante's Inferno. I only own the PSP version so I'm looking forward to playing it on the X. I also scored a copy of Ninja Gaiden II in mint condition; don't let me down Xbox BC team! Ninja Gaiden 2 for BC next week please :p

Last edited:

CRAIG667

^Oh, don't get so serious, man. Was just poking fun. But Dante's Inferno clearly has its flaws.

Strangely, if you want the game to kick your ass, just don't ever use the cross. Completely changes everything. It's so weird that they made the cross totally OP where it's silly to use anything else.

Don't make such daft comments then, it just sounds entitled whether you meant it in jest or not.

For the record I am not a fan of the genre to begin with but I'm sure their are folks out there that are happy to be able to play DI on their X...

For me, each new game represents being one step towards to full BC, regardless of if it's a game I'll ever play, that's a nice thing to have as a goal.

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

This Silent Hill HD collection is super broken, isn't it? I wish they released the OG xbox Silent Hill games instead.

Last edited:
I played SH Homecoming on PS3, and I seem to recall there was no ability to invert the "Y" axis, which made things a pain. Is this true of the xbox version? And don't we also have the option on XBOX One to remap controls (at the system level) making this moot?

Last edited:
And don't we also have the option on XBOX One to remap controls (at the system level) making this moot?

Quoting myself to note that yes, we can remap at the system level. I wasn't sure if it was an elite controller only option.

edit: and holy shit, this makes Beyond Good & Evil HD (a BC title) able to have inverted controls. So another added plus in the reasons for XBOX One Backwards Compatibility.

Last edited:
Don't make such daft comments then, it just sounds entitled whether you meant it in jest or not.

Or, you can just not make negative assumptions about people you've never met based on text on a screen. That could work too.

For me, each new game represents being one step towards to full BC, regardless of if it's a game I'll ever play, that's a nice thing to have as a goal.

Not a lil sad? Watching this lame list of 5-10 year old games that we've all already just to convince yourself that any of the companies give a shit about backwards compatibility? Just save your old consoles next time and you won't have to go through this charade.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Or, you can just not make negative assumptions about people you've never met based on text on a screen. That could work too.

Not a lil sad? Watching this lame list of 5-10 year old games that we've all already just to convince yourself that any of the companies give a shit about backwards compatibility? Just save your old consoles next time and you won't have to go through this charade.

The native version doesn't give us improved frame rate and textures though. Sounds like a bitter person that's angry about his own platform not having BC.

😲 you fucking wrote all that and hit post huh? good shit letting everyone know how retarded you are, this is a b/c thread ffs. For the record tho i'd like to submit one point, i'd rather play Ninja Gaiden Black and 4k Red Dead over 90% of the trash getting made in 2018,fucking loot box infested garbage.

stranno

Bully scholarship edish got a update too.
Scholarship Edition is a disgrace in terms of colours, lightning, removed effects from PS2, etc.

The best edition of the game is Anniversary Edition. But is is stupidly exclusive for Android/iOS :mad:

Last edited:
yup crazy audio bugs, they outsourced that port to mad doc. The android ios version can eat shit vs my ps2 collector's edish with a dodgeball. 🐧

Hmm, it doesn't look as bad as I remember. Thanks for posting that.

Agreed! That actually looks alright. I never bothered to pick up the HD collection originally as it was so heavily criticized on forums. I'm tempted to pick up a copy this week. Silent Hill 2 has been on my backlog of shame for way too long.

All i wish for is a Fight Night Champion X enhanced patch. Plz.

For sure; that'd look amazing. It'd be great if we could get Fight Night Rd 3 & 4 too.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Agreed! That actually looks alright. I never bothered to pick up the HD collection originally as it was so heavily criticized on forums. I'm tempted to pick up a copy this week. Silent Hill 2 has been on my backlog of shame for way too long.
It's on sale digitally and for $7.50 Canadian, I couldn't help but buy it.

CRAIG667

Well, everyone is entitled to an opinion I just happen to think yours is ridiculous.

Bought both the Silent Hill HD collection and SH Homecoming digitally, no regrets! The games do look fine to me on my Xbox one x.

I wouldn't mind seeing the original Xbox versions too, though. I was actually wondering if these games would ever be backwards compatible, and honesty? I'm pretty damn happy that most of my favorites are available, I have absolutely NO desire to keep older hardware plugged in.

TheWatcher

Banned
😲 you fucking wrote all that and hit post huh? good shit letting everyone know how retarded you are, this is a b/c thread ffs. For the record tho i'd like to submit one point, i'd rather play Ninja Gaiden Black and 4k Red Dead over 90% of the trash getting made in 2018,fucking loot box infested garbage.

Amen. The irony here is that people blasting BC are arguing against consumer options. The fact that Microsoft respects it's game library is why my PS4 Pro is gathering dust. Playing Origins in 4K HDR while also enjoying Modern Warfare 3s superior survival mode has been a god send this summer. Go enjoy your walking sims and leave us real gamers alone.

frogger

What was Silent Hill HD collection's problem. I own the game on 360, I didn't play it extensively, and didn't notice anything bad.

User removed from this thread: console wars related posts are not welcome in a console-specific feature thread. If you have no interest in discussing the topic at hand, please move on.
The only good thing for Xbox backwards compatibility would be to be able to play Playstation exclusives.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Is there a list for X enhanced BC titles? Fallout 3 looks pretty good (as does RDR of course).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
What was Silent Hill HD collection's problem. I own the game on 360, I didn't play it extensively, and didn't notice anything bad.
Some audio glitches, the water during a certain section of SH2 looking even worse, and some serious framerate issues. Those framerate issues seem to be fixed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Lots of people (myself included) didn't like that they recast the voice actors. For example, Troy Baker sounds a bit wooden in SH2 as James, and Mary's voice in this version was waay too deep.

The original voice cast had a really campy vibe to it that worked really well for the game's atmosphere.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The fog is the biggest problem. It breaks the atmosphere.
I remember there being a very noticeable line at the base of the fog, but for some reason it's not as pronounced to me when playing on XB1, which makes no sense since they didn't mess with the code. I wonder if my eyesight is beginning to shit the bed.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I think Microsoft should make GTA III,Vice City,SA,Max Payne 1/2(OG Xbox),Bully,Red Dead Redemption,GTA IV,Max Payne 3(Xbox 360) backwards compatible and 4K enhanced. And then sell a bundle called 'RockstarBox' with an Xbox One X and everything above +L.A.Noire(Xbox One). That would sell 10-20 million alone.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think Microsoft should make GTA III,Vice City,SA,Max Payne 1/2(OG Xbox),Bully,Red Dead Redemption,GTA IV,Max Payne 3(Xbox 360) backwards compatible and 4K enhanced. And then sell a bundle called 'RockstarBox' with an Xbox One X and everything above +L.A.Noire(Xbox One). That would sell 10-20 million alone.
That'd be one hell of a bundle, but I don't think it would come remotely close to those sales figures.

Top Bottom