• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Cranberrys

With Witcher 2 my X makes a loud vent noise which is strange because it's the only game concerned (and No Man's Sky). Maybe, it's also because there's a heat wave right now in the South of France and I have 28°C in my house but still strange because I played Ori for 2 hours this afternoon and watched Jurassic Park 3 on UHD BR and the console didn't make a noise.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

I'm so tempted to get the Silent Hill collection..it's it's 7.50 right now in the Store...I mean how bad could it be right? RIGHT??

Edit:Screw it I bought it ..first thing I hear is that amazing Silent Hill 2 theme. Definitely worth the price of Chicken with broccoli lunch special with Lo Mein instead of fried rice!

Last edited:
I'm so tempted to get the Silent Hill collection..it's it's 7.50 right now in the Store...I mean how bad could it be right? RIGHT??

Edit:Screw it I bought it ..first thing I hear is that amazing Silent Hill 2 theme. Definitely worth the price of Chicken with broccoli lunch special with Lo Mein instead of fried rice!

It may be worth the price of your Chicken with broccoli lunch special with Lo Mein, but you ended up with a can of expired Tuna and dollar store ramen.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Lol I have a tendency to sit at that menu just listening to it.

TacosNSalsa

It may be worth the price of your Chicken with broccoli lunch special with Lo Mein, but you ended up with a can of expired Tuna and dollar store ramen.
Hey hey! Dollar store ramen is amazing with an egg and some hot sauce!!

Jokes aside though (I'm not joking though ramen with an egg and hot sauce is great drunk food!) I played it for 20 mins and it doesn't seem THAT bad . Then again I remember very little of the performance of the original . There are some weird audio things though , like it just cutting out completely for a couple seconds and actually hear the cuts in the music and sound effects as it loops , like a bad DJ that doesn't know how to juggle music properly .

Last edited:
Dead Space 3 is up (early). Free for gold users.

Kng7On1.jpg

Website and store on XBOX One threw up an error, but I claimed it on my 360, then I could start the download on my One.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Has either of these got Spy V Mercs mode?
They both do.

The second these go live, someone bump this thread :D

Edit: Hmm, when I put the disc in it gives me an error but it reads that it's Blacklist. Going to try a hard reset.

Edit 2: Hard Reset worked and it's installing.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does that mean all the X360 Splinter Cell games are now BC?

Leonidas

Great to see another multi-disc game(Black List) get BC.

Gotta love how BC turns multi disc games into a single download and playable from a single disc. One of the 360s shortcomings corrected by BC.

RAIDEN1

Dead Space 3 was evidence of a game that was a shadow of it's former self...hence why now we still have no Dead Space 4......it has gone the mass effect way...

pawel86ck

Banned
Beat me to it :D(y)

Hopefully we get the original Xbox Splinter Cell trilogy next.
It would be great to see original splinter cell trilogy, but I hope they will also include double agent OG xbox version, because this particular game on Xbox Classic was totally different game compared to PC/PS3/Xbox 360 version. I dont know why they have made 2 different splinter cell games with the same name, but both versions were great.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It would be great to see original splinter cell trilogy, but I hope they will also include double agent OG xbox version, because this particular game on Xbox Classic was totally different game compared to PC/PS3/Xbox 360 version. I dont know why they have made 2 different splinter cell games with the same name, but both versions were great.
They made two different ones, because if the technology.

I did like the classic/ps2 version more than the 360/ps3 version.

pawel86ck

Banned
They made two different ones, because if the technology.

I did like the classic/ps2 version more than the 360/ps3 version.
I have never played splinter cell 4 on ps2, but I remember playing splinter cell 3 on ps2 and it was downgraded drastically compared to xbox version. If spliner cell 4 on ps2 was downgraded in the same way, so they basicaly made 3 different splinter cell games with the same name, not just two :p.

Edit: I have found comparison and it looks like I was right :). PS2 was indeed downgraded drastically compared to xbox version althogh it still featured somewhat similar levels.

Last edited:
Wanted to see how it stacks up to the WiiU version =(((((

I'm a huge fan of the Wii U and it'd be interesting to see a comparison including that platform actually. I'd imagine that the Wii U would suffer greatly on the FPS side of things due to the typically "Nintendo" anemic core CPU featured in the platform (as with most seventh gen titles that featured on the Wii U).

Did the Wii U version of the game have any features unique to the platform?

Last edited:

Cheers for the reply mate! It's awesome that Ubisoft supported the Wii U Gamepad. I know that it reviewed well & I absolutely can't wait to play properly it for the first time.

My Xbox 360 copy is due to rock up tomorrow so I'll check out both versions and then decide which one feels best to play for me (frame rate + graphics via the Xbone X or extra features via the Wii U).

Last edited:
Earth Defense Force 2025 is showing at $50 (!!)

I just realised this as well. Dang. Hm. I might seek a cheaper physical alternative.

Any pro-tips or suggestions from EDF verterans as to which version/copy to pick up (PS3, 360, or current gen)? I haven't played an EDF title before but I've always wanted to.

Last edited:

Dragonraine

Neo Member
Nice! My collection of non bc 360 games is dwindling.
EDF 2025 is a great addition.

Really hoping they add the 2 Overlord games at some point.

Top Bottom