• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Cravis

Glad to see DNF but holy crap I don't remember the graphics being this bad. Granted it was never a looker in the first place

Allandor

Well, hoped for some new titels (e.g. Star Trek games in dec). But well, holiday is holiday.
Was also suprised that there are already more than 500 titles compatible, saw it on his blog when I set the list to 500 per page and there was a second page. And still there are so many titles missing.

Btw, the duke is currently on sale, but I can really not recommend that game on x360/xb1. I bought it and something is really off with the animations. Well I still got the PC version, so this is the way to play it. It was never a really great game, but the console port is really underwhelming.

Cranberrys

I was hoping for The Last Renmant since it will come out on PS4 soon, but still, I'm glad with The Bureau and The Darkness.

Oemenia

Banned
So no OG XBOX titles this year, that's a real shame because the X enhanced output has also been poor. I get that the 360 stuff has been doing well, but its not excusable that the X is getting such a shaft.

Thiagosc777

Disappointing that we didn't get more OG Xbox games or classics like Ninja Gaiden II. But this year was pretty good, at least now they are focusing on retail games. In the previous years, the majority was xbox live arcade games.

I'm still waiting for NCAA Football '14 to be backwards compatible. EA hasn't killed the online support, and people still make new rosters every year. Would love to play it w/o having to get the 360 out of mothballs.

Pantz

I get this feeling like they might start making BC games available through streaming next year. There was that mention that they wanted to get 360 games working for Game Pass on Windows PC's.

Just a feeling. Hopefully they would still continue with the old software BC program along side of it if that did come to pass.

Last edited:

Zewp

I just saw Amalur is on BC. I've been waiting for Amalur to go on BC for, like, forever.

That's my weekend sorted. :D

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Neo Member
Both Persona 4 Arena, and Panzer Dragoon Orta are 50% off in this week's Deals with Gold, I'll be picking them both up in due course.

TLZ

Banned
Been trying to load Lego Indiana Jones but it won't open. Anyone know why? This is the first time a game does this.

SNG32

I’m wondering if they will ever make Soul Calibure 4 and 5 backwards compatible. I’m guessing they probably won’t with the licensing with the Star Wars and Assassins creed characters in the games.

I'm hoping they get Gunvalkyrie, the Otogi games and SpikeOut (or is it BrawlOut?) on there someday.

I need to play Panzer Dragoon Orta to see for myself the improvements.

The emulation seems good enough. Just flip a switch and allow the Xbox One to play all 360 discs.
They do a lot of work behind the scenes to make sure these games work as well as they do. I'm sure they could run fine but they have a certain expectation for quality it seems.

I appreciate it.

wipeout364

Fuel is a great game. It might be better with BC as it had a lot of technical issues. I always thought a sequel would be nice to clean it up. The crew is kind of a more modern version of fuel.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since the digital versions are cheap right now on the Countdown sale, I took a gamble on Risen, Risen 2, and Risen 3 with the hope that they get added to BC sometime in the future.

gupho70

Since the digital versions are cheap right now on the Countdown sale, I took a gamble on Risen, Risen 2, and Risen 3 with the hope that they get added to BC sometime in the future.

And here's to Conan and The Outfit, got 'em both for 5 and some change.

Battlestations Pacific must have been free at one point as I don't remember buying it. I've got FUEL on steam, and I think it a delisted GFWL title there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hope we start seeing more 360 enhanced titles. It's pretty impressive how much better they look.

No lies detected. I've been replaying Final Fantasy XIII and the visuals look amazing.

Komatsu

Literally got an XBOX One X for the BC - the fact that I can't even my PSOne discs on the PS4 is enfuriating. Been playing both RDR and FFXIII and they look amazing. And, more importantly, my beloved Panzer Dragoon Orta is incredible to behold with the upscaling.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Literally got an XBOX One X for the BC - the fact that I can't even my PSOne discs on the PS4 is enfuriating. Been playing both RDR and FFXIII and they look amazing. And, more importantly, my beloved Panzer Dragoon Orta is incredible to behold with the upscaling.
That’s a pretty shitty reason to get a One X. I would think having the best possible version of current gen games would be enough motivation

Komatsu

That’s a pretty shitty reason to get a One X.

It is my reason and I'll live with it. Most of my gaming is retro gaming and playing these games in 4K is well worth the price.

I would think having the best possible version of current gen games would be enough motivation

I already had most current gen games I'm interested in playing set up with my PS4 Pro. Though now I wish I had waited and played RDR2 on my One X.

jshackles

New Vegas would be great to see X Enhanced, it's kind of strange that it's not considering Fallout 3 is.

TheWatcher

Banned
That’s a pretty shitty reason to get a One X. I would think having the best possible version of current gen games would be enough motivation

Eh some of us love a console that can play games from a begone era where they were relatively complete. You are right though, I love cycling through Odyssey, Doom, and Witcher, while still being able to enjoy MW 2 and 3, Ninja Gaiden Black, and hell Killer Is Dead (without having to re purchase them again if I already own them).

Last edited:
Top Bottom