• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Esppiral

These games look amazing at 4k*

HQPrbgK.jpg
VBSKeHt.jpg
iANTRWi.jpg
5S2koaN.jpg

eqlHxVj.jpg
zuqeho2.jpg

Shadows are upscaled also.

Native

8lGSRZy.jpg

Upscaled.

o9zDRHv.jpg

Naked Lunch

Yet another legendary Japanese game only playable on Xbox one for current consoles.
Radiant Silvergun, Lost Planet 2, Deadly Premonition, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Metal Gear Collection+Rising, Vanquish, EDF2025, Virtua On Ontario Tangram, Jet Set Radio, Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 5, Nights, Sonic Adventure, Ace Combat 6, Ninja Gaiden Black and now NGII.
Seriously that list cannot be fucked with - theres way more too im just not remembering. Thats why I laugh when I read XB1 has no Japanese games. I use my xbox for Halo, multiplater titles, and all the rest are Japanese games.

We still need the Armored Core games to be BC - particularly For Answer and Verdict Day.

Last edited:

kingbean

I really want to go pick up a used xbox one just to replay Ninja Gaiden.

I can get an OG Xbox One for 150 and a copy of the games for 10 each.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I really want to go pick up a used xbox one just to replay Ninja Gaiden.

I can get an OG Xbox One for 150 and a copy of the games for 10 each.
Eeeww, an original Xbox one?

Yeah, dont bother. Just not worth it at this point. They're complete guff. Get an S at least.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Yet another legendary Japanese game only playable on Xbox one for current consoles.
Radiant Silvergun, Lost Planet 2, Deadly Premonition, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Metal Gear Collection+Rising, Vanquish, EDF2025, Virtua On Ontario Tangram, Jet Set Radio, Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 5, Nights, Sonic Adventure, Ace Combat 6, Ninja Gaiden Black and now NGII.
Seriously that list cannot be fucked with - theres way more too im just not remembering. Thats why I laugh when I read XB1 has no Japanese games. I use my xbox for Halo, multiplater titles, and all the rest are Japanese games.

We still need the Armored Core games to be BC - particularly For Answer and Verdict Day.
No man, they need to bring back Chromehounds servers and make Chromehounds 2.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I've got limited funds. If I just wanted to play them I guess I could just get an old ass 360 lol.
Runs better on XB1, you could shop around and get a S model for £150.
Edit about £120 on Ebay , £165 brand new 1 Tb model.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You know what's amazing about all these games tidied up with 4k upscaling and better frame rates?

For all the games that got dismissed as looking mediocre, in reality the graphics behind it are solid. It's just that it got gimped due to the hardware it had to play on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Very selfish but I'd love to see Deus Ex Invisible War and Thief Deadly Shadows from the OG Xbox available

I'd be happy with pretty much anything from the OG Xbox being made available. It's been a while - they announced in April of last year that they would be bringing out two sets of BC games from the OG Xbox - one set on April 17th, and one set on April 26th. It's been almost a year now since the last OG Xbox BC game was released.

Fitzchiv

I'd be happy with pretty much anything from the OG Xbox being made available. It's been a while - they announced in April of last year that they would be bringing out two sets of BC games from the OG Xbox - one set on April 17th, and one set on April 26th. It's been almost a year now since the last OG Xbox BC game was released.

I know but if they do I'd imagine it'll be something like the Splinter Cell games (in conjunction with an announcement for a brand new one) rather than two pretty niche but in my opinion very good games.

we been getting a few start wat og xbox game for the past month or so

Mattyp

Gold Member
I'm always amazed how these games pretty much classify as full remasters on the X. Can't wait to see what next gen bring in terms of back compat for all these titles.

Pantz

Friendly Heads up:
Red faction 2 (Xbox) BC is on (deals with gold) sale for just a couple bucks. Might not be the first time but it's the first time I've caught it on sale.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Yep, it sucks to see the momentum slowing. I wish they would do mx vs. atv unleashed since they already did mx unleashed. The 4k upgrade did wonders.

intbal

Someone should ask a microsoft representative on Twitter or something the status on Original Xbox BC.
I want to play Mechassault..
Since I'm new to Neogaf and don't know everyone's tendencies, I'm going to assume you're serious.
I (and a few others) have been tweeting at them non-stop for more than six months. Every Xbox representative we can find. They ignored everyone for most of that time, but recently they have begun responding with non-replies in every tweet. At first it was just "Stay Tuned!", which means nothing, of course. Just a couple of weeks ago, I got a member of the Xbox team to respond with a slightly different non-answer: "The team is working hard to bring as many of the community's favorite titles, from blockbusters to cult classics, to Xbox One". Nevermind the fact that I didn't ask him that at all. I simply wanted a yes/no/Idon'tknow answer to whether or not there will ever be any more Original Xbox games released through backwards compatibility. They will not answer this question under any circumstances. His reply was even more bogus considering they shut down the BC portion of the Official Xbox forums last year. That was where people had been requesting various games. So how the hell do they know what the "community's favorite titles" are if there is no way for the community to share with them? To the best of my ability to ascertain, they have exactly one community liason who occasionally surfs to resetera and looks to see which game has the most vocal complainers advocating for its release. That's how we ended up with NG2.
And don't believe any crap about "licensing issues" holding back OG Xbox games. There are plenty of games that Microsoft developed and published (full ownership of everything) that haven't hit backwards compatibility.
The OG portion of backwards compatibility has been shut down. I am 90% certain of that. I would be willing to accept that sad fact and move on if they would just admit it. But they divert, dodge, and evade the issue at all times. So I will continue to harass them non-stop.

Oemenia

Banned
Since I'm new to Neogaf and don't know everyone's tendencies, I'm going to assume you're serious.
I (and a few others) have been tweeting at them non-stop for more than six months. Every Xbox representative we can find. They ignored everyone for most of that time, but recently they have begun responding with non-replies in every tweet. At first it was just "Stay Tuned!", which means nothing, of course. Just a couple of weeks ago, I got a member of the Xbox team to respond with a slightly different non-answer: "The team is working hard to bring as many of the community's favorite titles, from blockbusters to cult classics, to Xbox One". Nevermind the fact that I didn't ask him that at all. I simply wanted a yes/no/Idon'tknow answer to whether or not there will ever be any more Original Xbox games released through backwards compatibility. They will not answer this question under any circumstances. His reply was even more bogus considering they shut down the BC portion of the Official Xbox forums last year. That was where people had been requesting various games. So how the hell do they know what the "community's favorite titles" are if there is no way for the community to share with them? To the best of my ability to ascertain, they have exactly one community liason who occasionally surfs to resetera and looks to see which game has the most vocal complainers advocating for its release. That's how we ended up with NG2.
And don't believe any crap about "licensing issues" holding back OG Xbox games. There are plenty of games that Microsoft developed and published (full ownership of everything) that haven't hit backwards compatibility.
The OG portion of backwards compatibility has been shut down. I am 90% certain of that. I would be willing to accept that sad fact and move on if they would just admit it. But they divert, dodge, and evade the issue at all times. So I will continue to harass them non-stop.
Yeah its dead or they working on a disc-based solution. I don't know why they didn't in the first place since the XBOX One is more than powerful enough to emulate on the fly.

intbal

I bet we don't see any ever again.
Not on Xbox One, anyway.

They might release an emu for Win10 that allows you to buy those old games. I doubt the discs will be useable, though.

Norse

It might be as easy as og Xbox titles not selling well at all, but 360 games doing well enough to keep them coming. No idea what the criteria is for bc choices is.

Just because 1st party games are owned by MS doesn't mean they still have rights to any music the game may have had licensed in the past. IMO they should as cartridges don't have expiring music licenses so neither should digital or disc based games.

zcaa0g

Banned
Big publishers ought to just buy bands and orchestras to own the damn music. It's always been a stupid concept to have to pull a game due to music licenses.

Leonidas

Good to see another Tecmo/Team Ninja game, didn't care for this one the first time around but I might check it out now that it's BC.

Still hoping we end up seeing Dead or Alive OG Xbox and 360 games...

maxwell247

I have a little bit odd question, but maybe someone can answer me. It's hard to find a copy of Razor's Edge in the place where I live, it's not available digital in my region and ebay prices got over the top. I have found few cheap copies of vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 around and can anyone tell whether it will work on XOne or not?

Top Bottom