• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

Mista

Banned

RPGCrazied

Asura’s Wrath! Cool! The PS3 version ran like shit so its nice to have the 360 version. And Infinite Undiscovery but not MagnaCarta 2? Better game in my opinion. And no point in Star Ocean The Last Hope when the HD version is already out.

Last edited:

gupho70

Well I am going to remain optimistic, they said this is the last Xbox One batch, and that they will focus to make sure everything BC so far is good to go when Scarlett launches. Now I assume Scarlett will be a new name (Xbox Two or whatev) and who says that can't create more BC titles after Scarlett launches? Still too many 360 titles that need BC treatment. Plus quite a few OG titles that were 360 BC are still missing. Just my thoughts.

Well I am going to remain optimistic, they said this is the last Xbox One batch, and that they will focus to make sure everything BC so far is good to go when Scarlett launches. Now I assume Scarlett will be a new name (Xbox Two or whatev) and who says that can't create more BC titles after Scarlett launches? Still too many 360 titles that need BC treatment. Plus quite a few OG titles that were 360 BC are still missing. Just my thoughts.

1. Denial and isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

It's gonna be ok, bro.

zcaa0g

Banned
It's not showing it on their x enhanced on the xbox store ui but maybe not updated yet.

But they do say it on the update page which would be consistent with prior original XBOX titles. Just grabbed the first three titles from ebay even though I have them on PC. Got all 3 for about 30 bucks.

nush

Maybe I'm just in the denial stage too, but I still believe they will go back to OG/360 games once Scarlet launches (assuming that all their work on Xbox One BC will have been completed by then)
If backwards compatability on Scarlet is native and not like it's been, drip fed to the Xbox One then I can see them picking it back up. But I think that's going to be a couple of years time.

maxwell247

Well, that was good run. Wish, there were New Vegas 4k-patch and Max Payne collection, but still...we have good chunk of BC games. The last two wanted games for original Xbox for me were Indiana Jones and Emperor's tomb and Call of Chulhu and we got one, which is not bad at all.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
No more backwards compatibility and Too Human as a free game? I'm very against this.

a bittersweet ending, we get enslaved and syndicate not enchanted :goog_confounded: , but better than nothing. Then the announcement that the party is over this gen. I was hoping for freedom fighters and max payne 3, I guess they used all their mojo moving the cosmos for NG2 .

Last edited:
Installing splintercell now. Hope the framerates are solid

Can confirm: You're in for a good time!

I was playing it about an hour ago. I'm installing Pandora Tomorrow now.

YouTube gameplay videos really don't do the 4k updates justice IMO. The comparative visual difference is much larger without all of the video compression that YouTube adds.

Last edited:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts now looks amazing with the 4k update on the X:

What a visual upgrade!

Nuts & Bolts was one of my secret favourite games from last gen. I'm definitely playing through it again, now the frame rate is solid and it looks as good as it does. It's a hidden gem.

Hopefully we get two new Banjo-Kazooie games for next gen; a sequel to Nuts & Bolts and a big budget Rare sequel to Banjo-Tooie (that stays true to the original).

corey99699

Neo Member
Chaos theory looks awesome, no reason to even turn on my PS3 anymore now that they're all backward compatible. How does sar and pandora tomorrow look? I'm downloading those now.

So apparently BC program is going to be frozen forever. All existing 600 XBox + X360 catalog titles will remain, but no additional entries. The idea is to focus more resources on new games.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Looks like no Shaolin Monks then.... : ( Also the fact that its not even backward compatible on the 360 just adds to the disappointment.....

RAIDEN1

So apparently BC program is going to be frozen forever. All existing 600 XBox + X360 catalog titles will remain, but no additional entries. The idea is to focus more resources on new games.

According to Xbox platform exec Jason Ronald he says: " "Right now we don't have any plans to add more titles to the programme, but at the same time, I'll never say never. We do continue to listen to the fans and we do still want to hear from them."

If scarlet can do thousands of games (i.e most of them from xbox/360/xbox one gens, then I might get it.

Frankly if the PS5 can do all psx/ps2/ps3 and ps4 games I'd get that.

Backwards compatibility is so important.

Top Bottom