• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One components showing up for sale

EvB

Just was browsing some wholesale sites and have found Chinese wholesalers selling replacement casing for Xbox One

for_Xbox_One_Replacement_Shell.jpg

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1227653981/for_Xbox_One_Replacement_Shell.html

740222607_740.jpg

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1270335241/New_Arrival_Adapter_For_Xbox_One.html

How real are these likely to be? Are they the actual casings that are leaking out of the factories or are they going to be replica's based upon designs that are knocking around?

Foxix Von

Knockoffs or not it's surprising these are already hitting the market.

Also, at least they made the power brick stylish. lol

Orayn

Hrm...probably knockoffs, yeah?

If not, can I pull a Radar O'Reilly and just make an XBox One?

They might be "ghost shift" parts, often made by the same manufacturers, but paid under the table to produce pseudo-knockoffs with cheaper materials and/or slightly modified designs.

They might be "ghost shift" parts, often made by the same manufacturers, but paid under the table to produce pseudo-knockoffs with cheaper materials and/or slightly modified designs.

I think it's this

So likely made to a lot of the same specs but with cheaper parts

Let me know if a Xbox one motherboard goes up for sale because that would be truly interesting

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Were the size specs for the power brick ever released? I'm assuming that picture isn't to scale

You can judge the size from that IEC socket. It's freaking huge.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Pics of the shell look way nicer than other shots I've seen of the unit.

How long until someone starts assembling these and selling them on eBay as prerelease units?

IN&OUT

Banned
why huge power brick for low wattage device?

Seriously MS. OG PS3 had twice the wattage with internal power brick !

EvB

why huge power brick for low wattage device?

Seriously MS. OG PS3 had twice the wattage with internal power brick !

It's easier to manufacturer the console unit when the PSU is external.

It also means they can upgrade/refine the PSU in future shipping without redesigning any aspect of the console itself

lyrick

I see these and all I want to do is try to create the most powerful PC I can in that shell.

Are there any low profile GTX700 series parts yet?

Harpuea

I wouldn't buy the power supply unit from the Chinese. It could be a crappy knockoff with crappy safety features and may burn your house down.

This is the third time I've seen you type this exact same sentence. I saw you post it twice in the Xbone slogan thread. What's your angle missy?

Last edited by Steve Youngblood; Today at 11:01 PM. Reason: We warned you.
Like, the last 5 posts or so are the same. What's the deal?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678521 said:
Originally Posted by Foxix

See? I'm done. Please for the love of god let these words get through.

I don't want this. I can't handle this. I won't continue with email tags. I'm so sorry. I'll even go back and edit them out of my out of my history, whatever you want. Whoever is doing this please make this madness stop.

I'm sorry I ever tempted a fate such as wretched and foul as this. Had I known the consequences of my actions would be as dire as this I would have never dared to disobey you.

Please forgive me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is the third time I've seen you type this exact same sentence. I saw you post it twice in the Xbone slogan thread. What's your angle missy?

The mods put a filter on him so that all of his posts come out like that. It's a punishment for hiding comments in email tags all the time.

Foxix Von

Oh, crazy. I was confused by the second picture showing a slope at the top front of the unit until I realized it was upside down.

I had no idea the bottom portion slanted inward. I just thought it was a big vcr brick.

Man I can't wait to see the PS4 internal after seeing that power brick. It's so weird that X1 has been opened up publicly and these guys only have X1 knock off parts but no PS4 knock off parts.

Top Bottom