• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Dashboard leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Ironically, the metro UI is 10x better on a console than the thousands of mouse-controlled devices it's on.

Somnia

Looks really smooth and slick. I like the look of it and the speed. Can't wait to see an official UI video with kinect, etc.

Hello there white stickers, what are you hid......

fb05.png
Going off the out-of-focus shot, that big sticker has a UPC (or 2D code) in the top left, a SKU barcode in the middle, and a serial number barcode at the bottom. This is standard format for Microsoft labeling, I see it all the time at work.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How do you know it's not a controlled leak? Showed off a bit of multitasking and then the intro of Ryse which we've already seen (used to demonstrate the speed of multitasking).

We didn't really see anything Microsoft wouldn't want us to see or that makes their system look bad.

Considering Microsoft strategy is a social media barrage of daily news, I do think this is PR intended to go viral or something.

jaypah

Hello there white stickers, what are you hid......

fb05.png

h1sb.png

CURSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I know right? Anyway, looks slick. I wish he could have done some deep menu voice commands. I already use voice to navigate my 360 when I can (boss shit, fuck buttons) so if this winds up being even easier I'm going to love it.

Tratorn

UI looks bland like W8, but at least the speed is cool and this alone will make it better to play on xbox1/ps4 than 360/ps3.

Martian

What would happen if they catch this dude?
It's not like they can send him to jail or anything, right?
Probably ban him from Xbox Live and take away his xbox is all they can do

AngryMoth

Seemed like there is a lot more stuff he could have showed, tease! Looks alright. Wonder why he isn't bothering to hide his identity

I'm confused if the retail dash isn't finished yet how can they ship retail units already? Will it just boot up and ask for an online connection to update?

What would happen if they catch this dude?
It's not like they can send him to jail or anything, right?
Probably ban him from Xbox Live and take away his xbox is all they can do
I'm guessing its an employee's kid. The employee would be punished. If Microsoft cared.

Rashid

Banned
I've downloaded a copy just in case and have an unlisted youtube link for GAF's benefit when it's taken down.

nynt9

So, a TED talks app on the Apps view, huh?

This thing is so going to run W8 apps!

I thought this was already a given? Though as a Win8 user there are no apps that I actually use, so I don't know if this is a significant benefit for anyone. Are there any worthwhile apps? If so, the store is terrible for app discovery because I've looked.

Cartman86

Banned
Well there is the problem of there not being a multitask button, so I would assume the only way to multitask is to press the Guide button and navigate to another app and snap it. A good solution might be to have the game pause when you navigate the standard dashboard, but when when you snap another app in it will continue. We don't know yet however how one snaps or moves between snapped apps do we? Like if you have Skype snapped to the side while playing Forza how do you then get control back over Skype to change settings or hang up (without Kinect). The Menu and View buttons are app dependent (so they are basically start and back). Maybe on the dashboard those buttons will provide those functions. I'm not worried or anything I just love to know how these things work since I really don't care what the UI looks like visually. I'm more interested in how it works functionally.

To put this as bluntly as possible, you're an idiot if you think this or Metro in general is unorganized. The Xbox One hatred on GAF is reaching new levels. Additionally, does anyone really believe whatever mess Sony has cooked up for the PS4 is going to be anything more than vaguely functional?

nynt9

I'm confused if the retail dash isn't finished yet how can they ship retail units already? Will it just boot up and ask for an online connection to update?

Yes, it's confirmed that you will need a day 1 connection to the servers to even be able to run the system.

megamerican

I don't really care for the interface. Looks like 360's only more cluttered somehow. I was hoping they would do some version of the blade interface. That was satisfying for some reason.

To put this as bluntly as possible, you're an idiot if you think this or Metro in general is unorganized. The Xbox One hatred on GAF is reaching new levels. Additionally, does anyone really believe whatever mess Sony has cooked up for the PS4 is going to be anything more than vaguely functional?

Poor Xbone :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Considering Microsoft strategy is a social media barrage of daily news, I do think this is PR intended to go viral or something.

Although it is badly shot and the Xbox is smudged to fuck (which you'd think MS would avoid), the fact that Ryse went straight into that exact bit that they used to demo at E3 makes me wonder. How likely was it that he'd suspended it just at that precise moment?

Not too keen on the Dashboard UI but the Multitasking feature is very nice. Is PS4 offering multi-task too or has there been no word of it yet? Also as of now the WiiU has some multitask functionality but it suspends the game rather than continue to let it play. Would a future update make it possible to perform like XBox Ones?

CSX

They've been known to be doing "controlled leaks" recently.

When companies do this, do they actually act like it's a real leak and get it removed?

Or they gonna pretend they haven't heard of it till weeks later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom