• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Dashboard leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerub

Banned
Switching and suspending games is the next-gen feature I'm most excited for. I play games on a tight schedule sometimes, and I hate having to rush to the next save point to shut down the console.

REV 09

I like that it doesn't have a separate in-game guide...should make it easier to learn. Overall looks good and snappy for a beta.

Zeth

Am I getting this right? Is the consensus here that this is actually an intentional, planned, leak from MS?

Fyrebrand

Neo Member
"Here's the Ryse beta which I've been playing. It's a pretty fun game."

That statement alone makes me question everything I just saw.

Because you only think games are fun if everyone else says they are fun? People can have their own opinion they don't have to follow what everyone on gaf or anywhere else says.

oti

Banned
Seeing people insulting each other over a video of a dashboard, maybe I'm not ready for my first NextGen-transition on NeoGAF.

Let's just be nice to each other and have fun. :)

nib95

Banned
STOP talking about fanboy metacommentary NOW. No more posts about xbox fanboys, sonyponies, other forums, garbage you found on twitter and think is worthy of our eyes, etc.

Just don't.

I feel sorry for you guys. Modding these forums around new generation time must be one heck of a challenge. Strangely though, I think Bish has almost learned to take pleasure in it lol.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have a fond memory of the blades, but I remember how unusable they became when you had to scroll through lots of data.

Do people just say the blades thing for kicks or is there a genuine desire to go back to that design?

jabuseika

Where will the ads go?

Everywhere...

image.php

I had to do it.

Kerub

Banned
I have a fond memory of the blades, but I remember how unusable they became when you had to scroll through lots of data.

Do people just say the blades thing for kicks or is there a genuine desire to go back to that design?

The best thing about the blades was the swosch sound when you switched between them.

To put this as bluntly as possible, you're an idiot if you think this or Metro in general is unorganized. The Xbox One hatred on GAF is reaching new levels. Additionally, does anyone really believe whatever mess Sony has cooked up for the PS4 is going to be anything more than vaguely functional?

Wow, darn near the trifecta. Calling people idiots for having opinions that aren't the same as yours. Claming the Hate of the XBOX One on NeoGaf is reaching new levels, then you turn around and hate on the PS4's OS calling it "whatever mess Sony has cooked up" and finally, claiming that the PS4's OS will not be anything more than "vaguely functional."

This is a great example of "projection." You are taking your problems, or "hatred" I guess, and throwing them like a blanket over NeoGaf, while doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. Projecting your own issues onto others on this forum. Wow, that's actually pretty sad.

I hope its customizable.

Agreed! That's the thing I hate most about the 360 UI right now (Well, the ads I hate more actually) but the ability to consolidate everything I care about in one spot and effectively ignore everything else would be fantastic.

Of what, exactly? What I've seen of the PS4 OS does not look good, and Metro is already a proven system. The only people who don't like it are PC users that miss the start button functionality.
Metro, duh.

I agree, the PS4 OS does look pretty terrible as it's an extension of the PS3s last store update and Sony's own lame metro-like push.

The only thing Metro is proven to be is pretty disliked by many people. But hey, since you've got it all figured it out, it's just PC users that miss Start. That must be it.

Vizzeh

Banned
The interface is similar to the 360's and obv windows 8, its not bad looking, seems very snappy too. Cant really fault it, only more of the same

Mugatu

Parts of it sort of reminds me of the PSN Store.

Overall I love how fast it is (my 360 feels so slow now) but I never liked the Metro/Kinect style big buttons. Wishful thinking but I still like the original NXE the best.

Good video though - man that really is so fast compared to my 360.

Hexa

I think Metro works fine as a launcher, though I don't really like it in apps, so so far this seems pretty nice and clean.

I wonder if you'll get different backgrounds like Win 8; though I doubt you'll get complete free customization.

SilentFlyer

The PS4 has the ability to switch between apps, too, yeah, Yoshida showed it off a bit in the Gamescom demo. Even the Vita does it.

If I remember correctly he didn't show suspend mode or app switching, but just Share button, streaming and commentary.

Proxy

Hmm... there was a pretty long lag time between pressing the home button and actually going to the dashboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom