• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One (Day One Edition) Available at BestBuy.com

Hiccup

Banned
Does this mean they weren't sold out?

I ask because I remember reading that some people had Day One and were getting replacements that weren't Day One.

gkryhewy

Recommended over the standard for the snazzy Day One chrome Dpad.

I don't believe you. I'm still scouring Major Nelson's blog for tips on how to locate one. Wish me luck!

Well, he recommended tracking stock via FB and twitter -- so mission accomplished here, for folks who aren't feeling deliberately obtuse.

dude819

These are the ones that people who pre-ordered but didn't actually pick them up missed out on.

Keep your hilarious, smarmy responses to yourselves.

timlot

Banned
Probably stores sending canceled preorders back to be sold on web store. Day One edition that doesn't sell on day one is a PR blunder though. I actually returned my Day One for a green box. Day One was missing xbox logo. Green Box was manufactured in November day one was September.

Networker

Banned
How many more thread about "Xbox One available at Amazon" "Xbox One available at BestBuy" ?

Anyways, about the day one edition. My friend came with me for the midnight launch without pre-ordering it. And I had it pre-ordered so got the day one edition and he didn't because they were sold out. Next day one of my other friend order through Futureshop and he got day one edition.

The point here is, there are only specific number of day one edition MS has shipped to each store, so might end up getting regular edition on release day and you might get day one edition on next day. Poor execution? may be. but you can't blame neither MS or retailer over this, having two different SKU and one with limited quantities, this was gonna happen.

Tml Matus

Banned
These are the ones that people who pre-ordered but didn't actually pick them up missed out on.

Keep your hilarious, smarmy responses to yourselves.

YEH!, don't want to offend Microsoft.

No harm done if people make fun of the situation a bit. Everyone knows that xboxone sold really well regardless.

Massa

Could you check if there are any PS4 left in Brazil while you're at it?

Both are easily available, though PS4 is in very limited quantities as most stores didn't receive it (or maybe simply chose not to stock it, which isn't surprising as Sony chose to not have a launch event or release physical games).

Xbox One is seeing a massive marketing campaign (completely centered on Forza 5, I see ads for it all over the place). Makes me wish them success for taking this market seriously.

TwIsTeD

You're giving it away? Dang, wish I had you as a friend, lol.

lol.....wish I had $$$$$$ to just spend like that....a few of my friends were really bummed about not getting Day One...I have no bloody idea why but someone will pay for it.

quickwhips

Both are easily available, though PS4 is in very limited quantities as most stores didn't receive it (or maybe simply chose not to stock it, which isn't surprising as Sony chose to not have a launch event or release physical games).

Xbox One is seeing a massive marketing campaign (completely centered on Forza 5, I see ads for it all over the place). Makes me wish them success for taking this market seriously.

I just want to hug you and tell you everything is going to be ok.

DrBo42

Isn't one thread enough, and then keep updating it. If you really want to help people to find one.

I think a thread as they're available is more helpful, personally. At least while the holiday season is upon us. When they sell out the thread sinks regardless, no one gets hurt.

timlot

Banned
damn, if I only I waited, I bought the standard one yesterday.

Standard ones were manufactured later so hopefully all the kinks were worked out. I had a day one that was manufactured in Sept. my green box was Nov.

Doffen

Even bringing that up in this discussion comes off as a grasping at straws. The silly prices/taxes in Brazil are irrelevant to the rest of the world.

Did I deny the demand of PS4 or did I make a snarky comment about your snarky comment?

And since when did US = The rest of the world?

Top Bottom