• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

Firefighters – The Simulation - 24£, 1.25GB.
EU/RotW release. Doesn't appear to be available in the Americas.
(Trial available. Somewhere between 40-60 mins, unlocks achievements.)

New Bundle,

The Jackbox Party Trilogy - 60$

FN-2187

Steering deadzone 6
Steering sensitivity 10
Throttle deadzone 20
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 10
Brake sensitivity 30
Speed sensitivity 70
Controller filtering 30
Controller input mode 2
Advanced on
steering dampening on
Visual wheel filtering off
opposite lock help off

Holy cow does this make a difference!! Thanks for posting. I played two races on default and thought I was just terrible and that the game had a harsh learning curve.

eastx

I was loving it, but then I got to stage 2 and got stuck. It throws too much at once and since you have to be in rythm I always end up making some dumb move and getting pwned.

Don't worry about matching the beat too much. Just focus on staying alive and finding items. Hopefully you can unlock more and more stuff while you attempt the level.

Ohmbrew

Wow, that instant indie hit looks like a pretty good deal. I haven't tried any of the games in the bundle. What do you guys think, are the games entertaining to play? Games include:

The Swapper
Action Henk
Stealth Inc. 2
Nova-111
Hue
OlliOlli
Stikbold
10 Second Ninja X
Thomas Was Alone
The Swindle

I'll probably jump in simply for the quantity and price, but I'm hoping there's some quality in there too. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Oynox

Wow, that instant indie hit looks like a pretty good deal. I haven't tried any of the games in the bundle. What do you guys think, are the games entertaining to play? Games include:

The Swapper
Action Henk
Stealth Inc. 2
Nova-111
Hue
OlliOlli
Stikbold
10 Second Ninja X
Thomas Was Alone
The Swindle

I'll probably jump in simply for the quantity and price, but I'm hoping there's some quality in there too. Thanks in advance for any advice!

OlliOlli is great. Always wanted to try the Swapper and The Swindle since I heard good stuff about it. Thomas Was Alone is supposed to be very good, but I already own it on PC and mobile though I have not really played it yet.

FN-2187

The Swapper
Action Henk
Stealth Inc. 2
Nova-111
Hue
OlliOlli
Stikbold
10 Second Ninja X
Thomas Was Alone
The Swindle

I probably won't get this because I own most of these games on other platforms already, but there are some good ones for sure. Stealth Inc. 2 and The Swapper are both very good.

The Swapper
Action Henk
Stealth Inc. 2
Nova-111
Hue
OlliOlli
Stikbold
10 Second Ninja X
Thomas Was Alone
The Swindle

Bought this. The value is just too good not to.

The Swapper
Action Henk
Stealth Inc. 2
Nova-111
Hue
OlliOlli
Stikbold
10 Second Ninja X
Thomas Was Alone
The Swindle

Action Henk is really good but the difficulty is insane. I never beat the final level. I couldn't do it.

The Swapper is a very good puzzle platformer.

I haven't played any of the other games.

2 games today, 2 games tomorrow, and 8 games Thursday? I hope most of these games have trials. I can't imagine anyone buying them all. How does this happen?

U2NUMB

2 games today, 2 games tomorrow, and 8 games Thursday? I hope most of these games have trials. I can't imagine anyone buying them all. How does this happen?

Yep one feature from last gen I wish MS would still enforce.. trials for every game.

Do we know how all these games are doing on the platform? Big question I know but have devs talked much about it being worth bringing games to the X1? I hope in general things are well.. but a week like this is brutal on our wallets.

The Swapper
Action Henk
Stealth Inc. 2
Nova-111
Hue
OlliOlli
Stikbold
10 Second Ninja X
Thomas Was Alone
The Swindle

I've played a few of these so far, and here are my thoughts:

Action Henk is basic in its gameplay but pretty challenging. It can get frustrating when you can't figure out a jump and have to replay the same 20-30 seconds 20 times to get it right.

10 Second Ninja is just hard as hell. Couldn't get enough medals to pass the first world.

OlliOlli is really fun, too. Tough but fair for the most part. Enjoyed my couple hours with it so far.

Hue is a GREAT game. Reminds me of a smaller scale Limbo or Inside. Fun puzzle platformer with a great color-changing mechanic.

So far the $20 for these games seems like a great deal!

FN-2187

Neo Turf Masters? oh snap.

a few bucks too expensive maybe, but... its a great game.

Definitely tempted to get Neo Turf Masters. It's one of the all-time great golf games. That price is a little high though. On Humble Bundle you can get it for 14.99 with 5 other games, most of them great. Still might get it for the convenience of having it on my Xbox with achievements and all that. Has there been any word on the quality of the emulation and what sorts of options you get?

According to Xbox Wire, Devolver Digital is publishing Ruiner from Reikon Games for Xbox One and PC. Play Anywhere. Also,I think this is the first Devolver game for Xbox 1.
Game looks great.

zorbsie

Love Neo Turf Masters! $11 in Canada. Ouch. I'll stick with the version I got in a the Humble Bundle on PC. Would love it on XB1 with achievements, but that price...no thanks. I'll wait for a sale or a bundle release.

According to Xbox Wire, Devolver Digital is publishing Ruiner from Reikon Games for Xbox One and PC. Play Anywhere. Also,I think this is the first Devolver game for Xbox 1.
Game looks great.

Shadow Warrior is from Devolver Digital, but they sort of put it out and forgot about it (no sales or anything). The sequel is supposed to be coming to Xbox One. OlliOlli and OlliOlli 2 are published by Devolver Digital everywhere else it looks like, but one Xbox One they have other publishers (Curve Digital for the first one, self-published for the second).

IMO Devolver Digital gives off a very anti-Microsoft vibe. I understand if they don't care for MS, but it sucks as a consumer to have access to less of their games.

Montresor

Should be thankful it came to Xbox at all :p

Is the game even localized for English speaking people (at least with subs / menus)?

I've been fortunate and spoiled enough being in Canada because I've never had to bother switching regions ever for any games I wanted.

If Steins Gate 0 is in English, what's the best way for me to buy it? I imagine I can't use my Canadian currency on my account?

It's pretty alright. They need to get a new composer and an announcer though. Like its predecessor, Riptide is sterile as all get-out.
They said they are open to doing another Hydro Thunder...it's a pipe dream but In hoping MS gives them an opportunity. I would like to see what they could do with more support/publisher backing

Montresor

I'm almost finished Bastion.

Incredible game. And I got this for free. Good on Microsoft and good on Supergiant games.

Closing in on the 1000/1000.

B4D1E

How much time did it take you? I'm trying to go trough my giant backlog and was thinking Bastion will be next. I played a couple of hours when it was out on 360. Indeed it was nice from Microsoft and Supergiant games to make it available for free for the 360 owners.

How much time did it take you? I'm trying to go trough my giant backlog and was thinking Bastion will be next. I played a couple of hours when it was out on 360. Indeed it was nice from Microsoft and Supergiant games to make it available for free for the 360 owners.

Iirc correctly Bastion is a short game.

Vert boil

6-8 hours for the first playthrough, probably less than four hours for NG+. There's a bunch of challenge stuff as well but that's down to your skill level.

Top Bottom