• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Delryk

Thanks Vert! Glad you're still here :)

Even though i dont post much, your posts are always so awesome. though you make spend more than I'd like to!..

Ohmbrew

Just wanted to also make a post thanking this thread for the great community feel. I also don't post much, but this is the one thread I really enjoy keeping tabs on. Thanks to all for the consistent updates and discussion.

Montresor

Vert Boil staying here pretty much guarantees I'll continue visiting here.

But I mean... without an off-topic board, the forum loses almost all of its value to me. =/

I agree with Vert - there has been a huge overreaction towards Evilore. But I think NeoGAF has been like that for awhile - overreactions and strict "us versus them" mentalities making it difficult for any nuanced discussions. I'm not surprised at all that Evilore is being treated like this - this is the culture he's created. And seeing it unfold like this has made me like the forum overall a lot less.

Having said all that, Vert Boil is continuing to post in this thread and posting Deals With Gold in other threads? So that means I have to keep my account. But I will look elsewhere for a permanent home.

Edit:

Staying on-topic:

I know before I said I was playing Dreamfall Chapters, but I decided to skip that for Xbox One X. The game is too choppy on original Xbox One for my taste. I loved what little I played of it, but there was too much stuttering.

I have been playing these games:

Thimbleweed Park: Wonderful point-and-click game (so far). I'm still early on.

Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden: Pleasantly surprised. Another Artifex Mundi game but I feel like this is a step above their recent "okay-ish" efforts. I love the setting and it reminds me of Bioshock/Rapture. I think I'm about halfway through this.

Cuphead: Loved the first world but I've taken a bit of a break because the game kicked my butt. I may return to it on Xbox One X.

World to the West: Very pretty game but I didn't like it overall. I finished it and give it a 2.5/5. The game has a very nice art style and a unique game play style - it's a top-down Metroidvania with four playable characters. The way the game play is structured requires an insane amount of backtracking - with all four characters. Sometimes you need all four characters to go from point A to point B, and you have to bring all four characters, one at a time, from point A to point B, making the trip four times. The music was hit and miss too - some tracks were great, others were grating.

Vert boil

Released today,

AER - 13.50$ (will rise to 15$), 1.43GB.

Nightmare Boy - 13$, 1.58GB.

New DLC,

Unit 4
--Clash of Agents - 1$

New Bundle,

Albedo and Cast Bundle - 15.50$
(Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space & Cast of the Seven Godsends - Redux.)

New Pre-Order,

911 Operator - 15$

Guerrilla

Vert Boil staying here pretty much guarantees I'll continue visiting here.

But I mean... without an off-topic board, the forum loses almost all of its value to me. =/

I agree with Vert - there has been a huge overreaction towards Evilore. But I think NeoGAF has been like that for awhile - overreactions and strict "us versus them" mentalities making it difficult for any nuanced discussions. I'm not surprised at all that Evilore is being treated like this - this is the culture he's created. And seeing it unfold like this has made me like the forum overall a lot less.

Having said all that, Vert Boil is continuing to post in this thread and posting Deals With Gold in other threads? So that means I have to keep my account. But I will look elsewhere for a permanent home.

That's pretty much where I stand as well. This is my most visited thread here, and even though I don't post a whole lot, I really appreciate the work vert and all you guys leaving your opinions on the games here put into it!

Overall, while not super active, this thread feels kind of like a little non toxic safe heaven on here, now more than ever ;)

Hope to see all of you on re as well...

Vert boil

Is anyone else having problems with the download queue (I'm not in the preview program)? Games that are downloading are disappearing from the queue when I turn the console off. To add them back I have to search for them in the store (if they don't have a Ready to Start feature). If they do have a Ready to Start feature searching will just give me a play option and the game doesn't automatically continue downloading when I start it up. To get those working I have to unplug my external, start a new download, pause it then plug my external in to resume the download.

Been happening for a few days, tis a little irksome.

danowat

Banned
Is anyone else having problems with the download queue (I'm not in the preview program)? Games that are downloading are disappearing from the queue when I turn the console off. To add them back I have to search for them in the store (if they don't have a Ready to Start feature). If they do have a Ready to Start feature searching will just give me a play option and the game doesn't automatically continue downloading when I start it up. To get those working I have to unplug my external, start a new download, pause it then plug my external in to resume the download.

Been happening for a few days, tis a little irksome.

Not so much this problem, but for some reason my queue says, and has said for quite a while, it has 4 items in it, but there is nothing there.

eastx

99Vidas, Mutant Football League, Steven Universe, and Spintires: Mudrunner also came out this week. Beast Quest was announced but hasn't landed yet.

Tyvan

Neo Member
Vert thanks for keeping us all up to date on this. I have been looking in this thread every week forever!
BTW that Ben 10 game looks fun.

Vert boil

Vert boil

Vert boil

Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery was reduced to 9$ overnight. If you bought it contact support for a refund.

You can snag 375gs from the trial. ;)

Top Bottom