• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

bought it, got all the achievements, already want to play it again. This game deserves far better. But, there really isnt much you can do when a game has literally no marketing. I did not even see it being advertised on the marketplace. I got a friend to buy it and he enjoys it, hoping he spreads the word to at least a few people. Another one of my friends is buying it when he gets the SO bundle

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
good on you, sir.

ahem,
So we love PC. It’s obviously a source of huge revenue for Microsoft. The reality is that in years past we were the Xbox division. Although many of us love playing on PC, we can only make so many games. We can only do so much.

Now we’re one [unified] Microsoft. I don’t see this as pressure. I see it as an opportunity. We have more support internally to support PC more. That’s great! My only expectation would be, please let us continue to do that over a five-year period so we can have real impact. That’s how it feels right now. We’re getting very strong support internally. So we’re really going after PC.

Ibuki

Banned
I bought it on the first night to support the game. It's sad that not enough are doing the same. Please support an amazing game if you own an X1 and haven't already!

Silky

Banned
UncannySilk.

Love me some SWERY. I expect every X1 owner on GAF to buy it. If one of you fools who was in the GS thread back in June that didn't grab it and was bragging about the multiple $$$ you were getting, I'm coming 4 u

I'll buy it! For PC if its ever released!

I really loved Deadly Premonition. But to get me to buy it on Xbox One, you'd have to buy me the console as well. Not supporting that thing.

That's really too bad. Wasn't a fan of Deadly Premonition, but I do like aspects of Swery's style.

Unfortunately, don't have an Xbox One and probably won't until well after the game is relevant :(

Fox Mulder

I'm already pretty disappointed in their indie support, stealth releasing titles isnt great either.

They must have no idea why people loved Deadly Premonition, but ran to sign Swery for an exclusive anyways.

Ozium

to be honest this game doesnt look very good at all.

Cant really blame people for not buying it.

34EUsVt.jpg

Wow sad to hear although without any real advertising I guess it probably wouldn't get much visibility

I'll try my hardest to remember to buy this game when I get an XB1

Also that is insanely honest of him to give us that much information

linko9

At least from the posts in this thread, seems like a major problem is that the potential audience for this game is not on the platform it was released for. Not that the game is going to sell all that well regardless of the platform, but that seems to be a contributing factor.

Clov

I loved Deadly Premonition, and I'm very interested in this game, but I'm just not interested in getting an Xbox One. This one game just isn't enough for me to take the plunge, as great as it looks. If Microsoft ever gives this a PC release, I'll be there day one. Otherwise, I'll just have to miss out.

They must have no idea why people loved Deadly Premonition, but ran to sign Swery for an exclusive anyways.

I'm honestly getting this impression as well.

def sim

I really do hope Microsoft brings this to PC. I don't think a game like this is going to do well on a single console.

Anyway, the game is great. If a quirky Telltale/David Cage-esque game interests you and you happen to have an XBO, please pick it up.

Bought it day 1, really fun time and it actually looks nice(outside of heavy aliasing in some areas) and runs well. Incredibly fun use of the kinect as well. Plus I love playing dress up in games so the game's dozens if not hundreds of clothing options are a dream come true.

BraXzy

Am I in time? GT = AnX IReCoiLz :3

It always sucks to hear when someones work hasn't done too well, eapwcially if it looks pretty cool. I can't believe Microsoft did nothing to promote the game.. I'll give it a mention to my friends who don't know about it and see if they'll buy it.

Hope im in time, my gamertag is

KILLERC0MB0
all caps and the 0 are zeros

I saw the game on a twitch stream that had Conan on it, looked good , I'll try it :D

jayu26

I propose that thread title be changed to make it clear that this is a give away thread.

Also, who owns the IP?

def sim

I propose that thread title be changed to make it clear that this is a give away thread.

Also, who owns the IP?

It's only for the first 20 who don't own the game. It's cool if it's kept for those who take the time to read the OP, though that's up to a Master Ninja.

I'm pretty sure it's Microsoft. They funded it, I believe.

Access games own the IP and MS seems to be the sole producer.

Zaku

Swery games are my jam, but I haven't yet justified an Xbone to myself yet.

He's no Platinum to me, so he's no system seller.

I'm sure I'll be right there with everyoe else when I agree the game is awesome a few years down the road, when I finally buy an Xbone. But it's not enough for me to buy the console to buy the game.

to be honest this game doesnt look very good at all.

Cant really blame people for not buying it.

In what way dosn't look good? Graphics? I kinda understand, but telltale games are succesful even with mediocre looking games.

I don't have a Xbone, and I would have bought the fuck out of this game, because after so many ppl cries about being flooded with the same type of games over and over again in the console space, when a interesting new title appears gets ignored.

Also Sweary 65 is one of the most special game creators in the industry. We need more games from him, we need more games from ppl like him and we need more games like this one.

hamchan

Swery deserves way more sales. I don't have an Xbone but if I buy it some day, D4 will be the first game I buy.

Alfredo

I've already bought the game. It's the main reason I bought an Xbox One. It's awesome, and I really want to see more, but it seems Microsoft isn't gonna help with that.

It's sad to see people on Twitter begging Swery for ports to other platforms, and all he can say is "Sorry."

Don't have an XBO but am amazed at OP. Do youhave anypart in the development of that game or something? I mean... Giving away money for them seems kinda strange to me ..

According to the leaderboards, as of this very moment less than 10,000 people have bought and played this game worldwide.

goddamn, i think even bad games sell more.

also, holy shit at OP giving away $200

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If I had an Xbone, I would absolutely buy this. But D4, alone, isn't enough to get me to buy the system. It'll happen eventually, Swery.

Aww man that sucks.

But its not hard to see why. Publisher didnt even try pushing it. I didnt even know it had a release date until I saw the Giant Bomb Quick Look.

redhood56

Banned
If I had an Xbox one I would totally get it. This sucks that it is not selling well, but it was kind of expected when they just threw the game on the marketplace. If it comes to pc I will totally get it, or if I get an Xbox one I will totally get it.

Yuterald

I bought an Xbox One last year specifically for Crimson Dragon and D4. Bought this the night it randomly showed up on the store. It's easily become my GOTY. Hoping we at least get a Season 2 that wraps things up. =/

Ecto311

Ecto311. I'll give it a go and support the dev since it looks good. Didn't even know about it before this thread.

Top Bottom