• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle for Japan

MCD

Xbox One Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle pic.twitter.com/J2NfVH0jaz

https://mobile.twitter.com/lifelower/status/527100121272422400

gfpY7Ba.jpg

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I just want an Xbox one that is designed as a Disc accepting Masterchief head. Is this too much to ask for?

In Japan but not in the US, ok.

Halo is biggest in the US, MS is hoping that people here will buy Xbones for the game and they will make more money in Halo's dominate market and currently their strongest market. The MCC bundles in other countries are attempts to get more people to buy the console in weaker markets for them. I do agree though that for maximum results to try and come out on top this holiday they should have done a bundle here, though I guess the 50 dollar price drop counteracts that a bit.

shandy706

They should make a limited # of Halo bundles, like the SO bundle. That will make people buy up other versions of the system and a copy of Halo in the scramble.

It makes sense not to have a "Halo" bundle here...but, then again...if you want to sell a ton of hardware...I think I'd still push for some bundles.

L~A

Maybe the Xbox One will be above 1 000 for a week.

Fixed that for ya.

But pretty cool box. I, too, question the lack of similar bundle for the US. Doesn't matter how popular Halo is, or that people will buy the game standalone, Microsoft really needs to go all-out for the holidays.

idlewild_

Dunno if they need to bundle in Halo in the US. With the $50 price promotion for the holidays, they're basically giving away any game for just $10 extra. AC:U/BF + Halo for $410 is a pretty good deal.

blakep267

they may do a row but its not coming in the US. Theres really no need. I mean , you can get the game, and any of the system bundles for $410

Boke1879

To me this makes very little sense, but maybe it'll bump the XB1 up for the week.

I'm expecting a Black Friday bundle in the US now.

Prine

Banned
I thought Phil Spencer said they weren't bundling these together because it was established or something? Did he only mean in the USA?

Think so. I believe there was a hint that this is to come to UK too.

So many great bundles.

This bundle should come in NA !

Halo is big here, in Japan ? not so much.

That's the point, they're trying to get the relatively small Halo fan bases in other countries to buy the Xbone while in NA, Halo's biggest market, they expect that Halo fans will be buying Xbones anyways. In NA we are getting a holiday price drop of $50, which almost completely covers the cost of MCC and you can get a bundle with another game like Sunset Overdrive, CoD or Assassin's Creed too.

Top Bottom