• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One has not launched in China, but I took photos of empty stores to troll anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1594

Urgh, please can we not derail the thread to stupid discussions.
This thread had been derailed from get-go. It's started out derailed lol

This has been discussed before. I'm not saying the article is BS, the argument that Chinese consumers will sabotage PlayStation in favor of Xbox is just stupid.

Of course not consumers will buy what they want to buy. I do think the Government tension between two countries can cause problem for Sony IMO.

Anyway, facts time:

Xbox One's Official release date: 09/21/2014.
1st delay announcement (9/19/2014) = "till year end."
2nd delay announcement (9/22/2014) = "till 9/29/2014"

Date when some online retailers with stock were already shipping it out: 09/20/2014.
Date when some physical retailers with stock were already shipping it out: 09/21-22/2014.

Of course not consumers will buy what they want to buy. I do think the Government tension between two countries can cause problem for Sony IMO.

What kind of problem?

Aeqvitas

Will be interesting to see what effects of the Chinese Launch will have. Yes, there is a grey market, but most normal people in countries don't go for that. Having the first officially support console in like a decade could do a lot to assuage any chinese thirst for consoles. Would be interesting to see MS's market research as to if they think it will sell primarily as an entertainment center/status symbol, or only appeal to gamers. Would be interesting if Chinese titles were able to become available outside of china, or if there will generally just be more F2P titles on XB1 (I am interested to see how well Neverwinter controls on a console).

Also OP shows how disgusting it is the ends that people will go to troll XB1 at any cost :/ Can't we not hate pieces of plastic such that it becomes our life's work to discredit it at all costs? Do companies besides MS hire shills to push agendas on forums? I just can't wrap my mind around the behavior :(

Really stupid some people get so embroiled in console warrior-ism they have to pull stuff like this.

I don't care much for the XB1, but I'm still curious to see how the Chinese market takes to a proper console launch. Have a couple friends who work in a few studios that get outsourced grunt work over there and it'd be neat if things take off it builds a more substantial games industry for them to work in.

Trike

I was obvious referring to the argument that that will have a meaningful effect in console sales.

Neogaf is tiresome, people always make the most illogical interpretation of what you write instead of just making the most obvious association.

If you want, I could edit my post to reflect what you had before your edit that makes my post make more sense ;) either way I was just joking, so hold your
war
horses.

Derpcrawler

It's worth noting, thaat it's almost perfect time for start of sales and I might understand the delay. There are national holidays lasting for whole week, from Oct 1 till Oct 7. So the majority of people will go onto shopping spree since there is nothing much to do.

Hindle

Banned
I don't remember seeing this kind of turnout for the X1 in Europe lol. It's encouraging that the Chinese have responded so well.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't his father a multi-millionaire? Maybe?

How do they expect a $700 console to sell to middle class people? That's more than the PS3 was at launch.

How do they expect a $700 console to sell to middle class people?

Maybe they don't? Or at least not to any of the middle-class but the upper segment. They don't need to sell gangbusters to be profitable in the country or make it worthwhile

Derpcrawler

18k a month is upper middle class?

In Shanghai? Yes, I actually know more people who earn more, than I know of those who earn less than 100k a month.

When even small average apartment in older buildings cost close to 800k-1mil USD, what did you expect?

Naminator

Banned

How do they expect a $700 console to sell to middle class people? That's more than the PS3 was at launch.

I don't know who that is and quite frankly don't care.

But what the f..... 700$? Seriously?

Damn whats up with that pricing, aren't they making those thing in China? So shouldn't it be cheaper?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Damn whats up with that pricing, aren't they making those thing in China? So shouldn't it be cheaper?

Singapore-based Flextronics has reportedly landed about 90% of Xbox One orders from Microsoft with Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) acquiring the remaining 10%, according to sources from the upstream supply chain. Pegatron Technology and Wistron, which were originally said to have a chance of landing orders, have failed to do so.
Flextronics, Foxconn, Pegatron and Wistron all declined to comment.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130904PD219.html

It was probably a matter of meetings and special requests. Who knows how it goes with giant corporations like that.

In Shanghai? Yes, I actually know more people who earn more, than I know of those who earn less than 100k a month.

When even small average apartment in older buildings cost close to 800k-1mil USD, what did you expect?
Just curious, what are their professions? I'm guessing banking, finance, real estate type of fields?

E: Btw, maybe the high price is because China takes a big cut of the profits. For example, with movie revenue China takes 75% of profits or something ridiculous like that.

numble

The price includes a 17% VAT + 2-3% local surcharge, I'm also guessing custom duties apply because Microsoft probably exported it and re-imported it to save on its own taxes.

Usobuko

Banned
What a weird combination of female cosplay, Lighting, Mai Chirauni, Sakura from Naruto and a Police Woman?

Asia is about the only place where JPN cultural relevance is still intact even for a console like Xbox One.

Don't forget to fund/collaborate more JPN or ( more importantly )Asia games, Microsoft.

Derpcrawler

Just curious, what are their professions? I'm guessing banking, finance, real estate type of fields?

E: Btw, maybe the high price is because China takes a big cut of the profits. For example, with movie revenue China takes 75% of profits or something ridiculous like that.

Mainly managerial positions (not related to specific industry) or own business that do something with trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom