• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Kinect and Gameplay Video (UI stuff)

danwarb

It should be very quick to apps, TV, and whatever game is loaded/running.

They should demo launching things that aren't already highlighted. "Go to" anything will speed things up considerably.

Looks proper amazing though.

Milchjon

Loving this. Stuff like this actually gets me more hyped about next-gen than any of the games on either platform so far :-/

Hope it actually comes anywhere near this.

UNCMark

Banned
It's on the official Xbox website. The game and TV footage was likely inserted as a means to demonstrate the UI, not actually running in real time.

I didn't see any advertisements, unless you're talking about surfacing content available on the store. I enjoy that sort of promotion, since it's lead to some good recommendations a number of times. It's the external advertisements of the current dashboard that I loathe. At any rate, accessing your content seems even faster than it was on the 360 (same basic grid system highlighting your most recent activity, the new pin section, plus Kinect), so I doubt it will be an inconvenience to navigate.

The benefit of having an integrated store/UI is a seamless experience. As long as they keep the McDonalds/ATT etc ads off the main UI, it'll be fine by me.

Z_Y

God damnit, MS. Why did you have to screw the pooch on HW. Could have have saved me $450 this fall.

Loving this. Stuff like this actually gets me more hyped about next-gen than any of the games on either platform so far :-/

Hope it actually comes anywhere near this.

Same.

The games aren't ground breaking in any way, shape or form for the moment.

The general user experience however, is taking a big step forward.

Salex_

C'mon guys, obviously it's heavily edited. It's giving you an idea of what to expect. Do you really think we will have SICK GUITAR RIFFS as we navigate the UI?

Yes. Yes we will.

An idea of what to expect? Why not just show real world performances to see what we'll expect when the console launches? If you said that earlier when the console was revealed I would understand but now isn't the time to use heavily edited "simulation" footage.

lunlunqq

Not saying that the real thing won't work as smoothly as this; but clearly this is clearly just a PR video, not a real-time demo. As someone pointed out earlier, the titanfall "gameplay" part is actually the E3 promotion clip.

I can't tell if this is real or fake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OegYm1dM9g

mMsCl.gif

Temper your expectations :p

nah. I'm good with my expectations. The way the system is staged is specifically to deliver things like this.

If anything, the 360 showed what they were able to do with a system NOT designed with this in mind.

Will it be amazing day 1. maybe not but from day 1 to day 365 will be a major difference.

Super old Titanfall footage? Is this a really good fake?

He jumped into Titanfall mad instantly.

Also, not having to press the share button to share...that's pretty good, know?

In the time it takes for someone to say "Xbox, record", someone else can easily press the PS4 share button before they're finished saying it.

Anyway, I thought the majority of people disliked the Windows 8 Metro UI, which this is based off of.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
In the time it takes for someone to say "Xbox, record", someone else can easily press the PS4 share button before they're finished saying it.

Anyway, I thought the majority of people disliked the Windows 8 Metro UI, which this is based off of.
Which will bring up the menu?

Erasus

The Titanfall footage being just a trailer makes it seem fake. It will probably be that fast, hell my PC with SSD+8GB RAM pretty much is. If its in RAM its instantly loaded.

But Ill wait for a real video before cheering. That was so fake.

I'll wait to see videos of people doing it in their homes to judge

I think MS will make it work well just not sure how fast tbh

Clearly they want it work fast

reKon

Banned
Stuff like this is why I went with XB1. I just expect the user experience and non gaming services to be leaps and bounds better than what the market offers. Being in the US, I'll get access to all of it also.

Meh, I take Google Chrome Cast + Nexus 7 for controlling of any media. Once HBO Go and the other big services are added, that's all I'll need. I already can stream all my my music via google music effortlessly. With Xbox One, everything is stuck behind a paywall, which isn't a big deal for you I guess if Xbox One is going to be your only console and you're going to playing online.

Dynze

Banned
Comment from the uploader: "this is just a cut together video to show off commands and menus."
Waiting for real time footage.

danwarb

An idea of what to expect? Why not just show real world performances to see what we'll expect when the console launches? If you said that earlier when the console was revealed I would understand but now isn't the time to use heavily edited "simulation" footage.

Like game trailers aren't just some guy sat there playing the game. This is showing some of the UI functionality in a short video.

Blueblur1

That's a demo video made for the mainstream audience. None of that looks real. Especially with that old Titanfall footage they're showing.

This is ridiculous. Everyone does this. All of Apple's promotional videos are simulated. It's how these ads are done

Top Bottom